PDA

View Full Version : No Brake lights.....Mods please leave for a bit...

terr994
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Hi peeps, I have a Uhaul right now and cant get the brakelights to work from truck to trailer, anyone got any ideas or even better, willing to come and have a look? Trying to leave in the morning but cant go no where without the brake lights!!! Will pay!

someguy
06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Call the local u-haul dealer and they will usually send one of their techs out to look at the trailer and see if that is the problem or if it's your truck

terr994
06-23-2008, 03:49 PM
it's the truck..

J*B
06-23-2008, 03:51 PM
A lot of time it is just poor ground, I'd give you a hand but I'm 20+ miles away.. sorry.
Who wired the truck and how long ago? ..you should be able to narrow it down pretty quick with a test light.

Barry or Mboy around?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

$harky
06-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Do the brake lights on the truck work?

How are you connecting the truck lights and trailer lights?

I rented one once and had to buy a adapter from them to fit my make of vehicle to their trailer.

07-03-2008, 06:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who's Your Daddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call the local u-haul dealer and they will usually send one of their techs out </div></div>/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif\
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif
\
Last time I rented a Uhaul trailer, I had to drive all the way from London to the Sault with only half the lights on the trailer working because the trailer had a faulty wiring harness that also cost me an alternator. When I called their "tech", he refused to come out to look at it because he had just gotten home form a party and didnt feel like coming out.