PDA

View Full Version : Maple Leafs BLOWOUT

mercifulpenguin
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Sundin to go?
Tucker's contract is bought out
Raycroft is finally put on waivers, but so is Kyle Wellwood!
Mccabe and Kubina are sure to be right behind...

riggs
06-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I hope to see a lot of new faces next season.They tried to build around a handful of players and it failed miserably.I believe we will see a lot of young unproven players gel together over the next 3 years into a contender.

I would however offer Sundin and Wellwood a one year contract and definitley get rid of Mccabe and Kubina as well as Blake.

Super Gram
07-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Welwood, Raycroft & Tucker have signed on different teams.

Sundin can't make up his mind. But Canucks offere 10 million a yr for 2 yrs.

Leafs signed Cujo, Fingers

rmkryan
07-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Leafs didn't sign Auld. They signed Cujo and Hagman along with Fingers. I'd like to see Sundin come back, but with that kind of money out there, who knows.

GenX
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
A terrible team just got worse.

I Love It!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Striker
07-05-2008, 10:50 AM
A terrible team just got worse.

No Kidding!!!!!.......I know this has been dubbed as a build year for the Leafs.A year in which there are no expectations.They are still carrying a lot of dead weight from previous contracts and only signed the minimum needed to get through this year.
With Burke expected next year to team up with his friend Wilson we might get a better glimpse of where they're trying to go.

In the mean time it'll be another year without expectations.....something tells me Leaf fans are getting comfortable with this.

Super Gram
07-14-2008, 03:03 PM
If Burke is joining them next year. Why did Fletcher hire Joe N to be his assistant.

Burke has a big mouth and the only reason he won the Stanley cup 2 years ago........was because he inherited a good team when Murray left.

GenX
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Burke is joining them next year. Why did Fletcher hire Joe N to be his assistant.

Burke has a big mouth and the only reason he won the Stanley cup 2 years ago........was because he inherited a good team when Murray left. </div></div>

Please...

If anyone has shown he has no idea how to win it all in the NHL, it is the highly-overrated Bryan Murray. Anyone could have won with that team in Ottawa, but Murray couldn't.

He's useless, period.

riggs
07-15-2008, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Burke is joining them next year. Why did Fletcher hire Joe N to be his assistant.

Burke has a big mouth and the only reason he won the Stanley cup 2 years ago........was because he inherited a good team when Murray left. </div></div>

Fletcher is as old as dirt and can't keep pace so as a <span style='font-size: 20pt'>INTERM GM</span> he was allowed to hire an assistant.

Nowhere in the league will you find a successful GM at that age.It requires a great deal of time and energy.

The TML board of directors have failed miserable trying to run the team.They may have finally realized they need a GM who has a set and will use them to tell the board to back off or get another pocket GM.

Murray can assemble good teams but not great.He also needs to learn what coach is needed for his teams chemistry.

rmkryan
07-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Didn't they just hire Nieuwendyk to help him?

GenX
07-18-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, but how much experience does Nieuwendyk have?

Jack Butler
07-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Same as Brett Hull or Steve Yzerman or Garth Snow when they got their jobs.

GenX
07-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Brett Hull stepped into a very strong organization, which in the last ten years is second in winning percentage behind the Red Wings, which is the great situation Stevie stepped into, so both guys are basically sitting back and watching an already very impressive organization in action.

Garth Snow's story is very different, as he took over a beleaguered and failing franchise. The only team and organization that makes the Islanders look like they know what they are doing is the Maple Leafs, one of the biggest joke organizations not only in hockey, but all of sport. Nieuwendyk will struggle, because he's been thrown into a garbage dump.

Jack Butler
07-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but how much experience does Nieuwendyk have?

You answered a different question.
You asked about experience, not the situation.

GenX
07-19-2008, 07:56 PM
It's called anticipating future questions.

You're not there yet intellectually, Jack, but you will be someday. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jack Butler
07-19-2008, 08:17 PM
I answered your question.
What question did you answer?
I didn't see that one.

GenX
07-19-2008, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jack Butler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I answered your question.
What question did you answer?
I didn't see that one.

</div></div>

Exactly! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jack Butler
07-19-2008, 08:21 PM
personal attack removed.

Jack Butler
07-19-2008, 08:47 PM
How much experience did Brett Hull or Steve Yzerman or Garth Snow have when they got their jobs?

GenX
07-19-2008, 08:48 PM
See above

Jack Butler
07-19-2008, 08:51 PM
You did not answer that question.