PDA

View Full Version : Organic, free range eggs

LettuceLady
06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Does anyone know where I can get one or who sells them? My DR. seems to think that I have gastroparesis and I have to get the gastric emptying test done. To do so, I have to eat an egg and white bread, no exceptions. The Plumber wont allow anything but an egg or it cant be done. I am vegan due to ethical reasons and if I can get an organic free run egg, I will "consider" doing the test.
I just want this taken care of so I can actually eat a meal soon!
Thanks......

bluekrissyspikes
06-28-2008, 09:26 PM
you would rather risk your health than eat an egg? i understand the point of being vegan and all weither you eat that one egg or not isn't going to make a difference to the chicken that layed it.

LettuceLady
06-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I didnt post here for anyone's opinion! I asked a simple question and if you cant answer it, feel free to move on to someone else's post! Not that I need to explain anything to you but yes it does matter to me because I dont support animal abuse.

nightingale
06-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Do you know any farmers? Or do you ever go to any farmer's markets? Someone there may know someone (a farmer perhaps) that have chickens that could spare an egg or two for you.

bluekrissyspikes
06-29-2008, 09:20 AM
i'm just saying you should take care of yourself. it won't matter what you beleive in if you aren't around anymore. you don't need to explain anything.

tofu
06-29-2008, 09:42 AM
bluekrissyspikes, I understand what you are saying but...when its in your heart and soul, something you so strongly believe in, there is no way you can FORCE yourself. LL is my baby sister and we have the same beliefs, I would protect her with everything I have and only want what is best for her. We have talked this over extensively and decided that free-range is the only option. I am not a religious person but I guess you can compare it to that, if you don't practice/live it, it is very hard to understand why, what is so simple to you, is so difficult to someone else.

LettuceLady
06-29-2008, 10:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nightingale</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you know any farmers? Or do you ever go to any farmer's markets? Someone there may know someone (a farmer perhaps) that have chickens that could spare an egg or two for you. </div></div>
I dont. Do they normally go to the Sault or are they any around the area? If so where? I dont live in the City so I am not familiar. I did hear that there is a farmers market somewhere on Saturdays? My mom also said that WalMart sells Omega 3 Organic eggs but she is unsure if they are Free Range.

kitca
06-29-2008, 04:53 PM
i have seen signs up at several places here around the soo. one in goulais where my parents live, on sign on 3rd line. oh, and dr. anderson sells eggs from the chickens behind her clinic. hers are very healthy happy free range chickens.

i was going to say i could check at the places where the signs are, and i will if you like, but you may just wish to deal with cindy? let me know.

i had a gastric empyting test and it was this horrible disgusting terrible heavy drink stuff that i had to drink and then they would check it every half hour. you are lucky to get away with eggs and bread.

somethingunusual
06-29-2008, 06:55 PM
I've purchased free range eggs from Rome's before. They are in a clear plastic carton amongst the regular eggs, and a wee bit more expensive.

hp2
06-30-2008, 11:05 AM
LL.. I tryed to send you a pm.. but your full... I can pass on some info as to whom sells them.

LettuceLady
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
HP2...I just cleaned out my inbox.
Thanks!