PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You recomend

fenderbass
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Ok so its time for me to get my Fender bass setup.
who in town is good.? and who should i stay away from?

Greenman
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fender bass 60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok so its time for me to get my Fender bass setup.
who in town is good.? and who should i stay away from? </div></div>

I couldn't say who is good or not as I always do my own. You should give it a go.

http://www.tunemybass.com/bass_setup/

fenderbass
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
i'm not sure i want to try it myself.

rmkryan
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Go see Jeff at music depot.

running_water
07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Collin Liddiard..you can contact him thru Thomas Walls School of music..

he did a great job on mine...

HBomb
07-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't recommend Thomas Walls. From my experiences with them, they overcharge and don't even do a good job. The guys are great guys but their guitar tech isn't good IMO.

Stingray
07-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Fender, sent you a pm /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

fenderbass
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
got it. returned a pm

Stingray
07-02-2008, 12:00 AM
back at ya

fenderbass
07-02-2008, 12:01 AM
double back at ya

Saultman
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Don't be afraid to try it yourself. Surf the net, there are all kinds of great tips and how-to guides on bass guitar setup out there. Just remember when playing with the truss rod (if required) a little goes a long way! Also if it is hard to turn don't force it and then maybe take it to a pro. I was in the same boat, not really sure if I should try it, but a bit of surfing and a few beers and may bass is back in tip top shape! Only a fews beers though eh /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

sls
07-04-2008, 09:53 AM
avoid music depot - northlands and Thomas walls.
T walls does great acoustic stuff, and the tech installs, bridges , etc well. But bass. stay away. Music depot and Northlands , ....come on give yer head a shake. But, I would say check the net. Not that hard to find info. See fender.com or Gibson.com. There is two guys in town I would trust for a set up. More on that if needed. If you can turn a screww driver you can set up your bass. Like the other dude said, when it come to truss rods a little goes a long way. Do it , do it .

Greenman
07-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Right from the Fender website.

http://www.fender.com/support/basses.php

You might want to tweak your action a couple times a year so it would be a good idea to learn. If your not changing string guages you might just have to adjust your truss rod, intonation and clean your fret board.

Good luck.

fenderbass
07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Go to Music Depot. Jeff set my bass up after someone else here in town who said they could do it screwed it up. No names but i wasn't happy. Jeff gets my vote.

Greenman
07-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Glad you got sorted out. Just curious as to what was wrong with the mystery persons setup?

sls
07-09-2008, 05:02 PM
good for jeff and you ! now you've gotta guy to do your bass. yeah curious players wanna know

Dude705
07-09-2008, 06:53 PM
Don't want to mention names either, but does this mystery guys last name start with a W?

Cause if it does, he messed up 2 of my guitars about 3 months ago....my action was horrible when I went back to pick them up...and I had to set them up myself the next day...should have done it myself in the first place, but thought that a professional would have done a better job...I guess I was wrong.

I learned a lesson and do them myself now.

fenderbass
07-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Well i will never use names here but Jeff fixed me up and now has a new customer. The bass was set up exactly the way i wanted
with low action the way i like it. It sounded very nice at practice last night.