PDA

View Full Version : Proactiv Solutions

DeleteAccout
07-05-2008, 02:02 AM
Has anyone on here tried it? I decided to pick it up tonight so it should be here in a few days. I hate getting those "surprise" breakouts from time to time....So this is my remedy.

So yeah .... any of you ladys or gents try it out?

Carolyn
07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Did you get yours yet to try? Is it working? I just bought it for the little breakouts I have been getting, should arrive tomorrow. I hope it works.

lotsagifts
07-14-2008, 10:19 AM
My husband was using it and it does work, but of course he never used it every day and they just kept on sending new bottles every month. Became very expensive and we had enough for an army. So I made him cancel it until he used up the bottles he had. Needless to say, they are still sitting there.

But to answer your question, yes it did work. Especially the bottle that you dab on at night if you get one of those sore spots on your face. Next morning the inflammation and redness is gone.

Good luck, I am curious to see how it works for someone who is committed to using it.

Now myself, I like the Sheer Cover makeup. Priceless if you ask me.

DeleteAccout
07-14-2008, 02:24 PM
haha ... well I ordered it .... but they sent me an email saying it'd be here in 2-3 weeks. Far cry from "priority shipping". Apparently it's not available to Canadian customer. Ah well .. .I have a little time to wait. However, I will keep everyone psted. I assure you ,..... I'll be committed. Im not a far of random pimples on days Im planning on going out hah. The summer sucks for that. Damn heat.

I did read that they send it to you again every 2 months. Well .. charge your credit card every 2 months. THAT will be fun .... if it takes a few weeks to get here lol

lotsagifts
07-15-2008, 05:39 PM
It's not available to Canadian customers? Since when, we had no trouble getting it. All we did was call the number from the infomercial and bam there it was...bills and all..:)

DeleteAccout
07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
yeah but I didnt get that one ... I ordered it from the web ... and it was the 50$ kit.

nightingale
07-16-2008, 06:47 AM
I just saw the commercial - it was $19 Canadian.

DeleteAccout
07-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Yeah ... I got a different kit. It's the 4-piece oil control system. It's teh summer, and I tend to break out more this time of year. 49.99 plus tax and shipping came out to like .. 58 and change. If it works ... I'd spend 100 :P

lotsagifts
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Well good luck!
:0)

ssm sucks
07-18-2008, 02:01 AM
It works very well especially if your deicated to the routine. THe mask that you get with it is a blessing from above it is so awesome. Try it you will not be disappointed.

DeleteAccout
07-18-2008, 04:31 PM
that's my plan. The summer's so hotn sticky!!!

I used to have REALLY long hair. Almost down to my shoulders actually. Made for a lovely lil moisture zone on the forehead, and Temples. Always had a coupla bumps every week. I've recently adopted teh short style though. Hoping this, mixed with Proactiv, helps

Bouffer
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
I have been using if for a few months now. Its amazing and well worth the money! My face is smooth and silky, even started taking away some of the old brown scars i had on my face! It's amazing! Oh and yes they do charge your credit card every 2 months, but just call and get them to take your credit card off your account, and they will send you a bill instead.

Calis
07-24-2008, 06:05 PM
I had really bad acne when I was younger, and my Mom purchased Proactiv and I tried it out.

You will notice the first few days, you get a lot more pimples, but after that, your skin gets way smoother, looks better, and no pimples.

It works, I highly recommend it.

KRP
08-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Right after I had my daughter my skin broke out so bad, it literally hurt to touch my face. So I broke down and ordered the Proactiv. After using it twice a day for a week straight and using the mask as a spot treatment before I went to bed at night my face cleared up a lot.

After a month of using it I started to slack off and start using my other facial cleanser and using the Proactiv only once or twice a week. Even with only using it those very few times a week I still remained cleared. I did end up with a few odd pimples but I always made sure that I used the mask as a spot treatment before going to bed and washing my face as soon as I got up.

I've been using Proactiv for a year now and I don't regret it at all. I will say that their '30 day supply' that they first send you... lasts longer then 30 days even using it twice a day every day. I think it lasted me almost 3 months (the 30 day kit) and right now I'm just going on the 3rd kit they sent me. I had to cancel because I still have an unopened kit sitting here and I'm just opening the 3rd one after a year of using this.

Carolyn
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
I've been using it for around a month now and can say I am very impressed. I had redness in my face for the last year which I was told was the start of rosacea and that has since cleared up with using the Proactiv. Right now my biggest problem is resting my face in my hands...but I would definately recommend this kit to anyone.

Chaotic Chick
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Reading all the good reviews, I think I will order it for my 12 year old. For two years, we have tried everything for the poor thing and her acne is getting worse! I am lucky, I have great skin so she must have inherited it from my sister, who has not even had luck with Accutane!

Carolyn
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
I feel for your daughter Chaotic, I had the same problem when I was around 12 years old and mine was bad. But in my case, Accutane did the trick. I hope this helps her.

Bouffer
08-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Accutane made my boyfriend go a bit crazy when he took it. I've heard that from a few people actually.... i wonder why. Hows the pro-active working for you Tormented Soul?

deltamouse
09-29-2008, 12:14 AM
Proactiv is not the best thing. To be honest with you, that over night cream does nothing for my painful red zits. I have put it on and left it on for three hours and nothing!! It makes my face smooth and the black heads smaller, but I still get a zit or two. Maybe my acne is too mild for the stuff. Who knows?

Chaotic Chick
09-29-2008, 12:28 AM
From the research I did, the active ingredient in Proactiv is best used more severe cases of acne. I can attest to that; I tried it and it made my face horrible! I only get one or two pimples every once in a while and it burned my skin soooooooooo bad. My 12 year old has been using it now for about two weeks and her face is getting much better. She is impatient because it is not ALL gone lol. But about 75% of her acne is gone now. I am glad to see results because she has been very self-conscious about it for two years and nothing else has helped her until now.