PDA

View Full Version : vista or xp

rmkryan
07-06-2008, 10:02 PM
I just got a new laptop with vista on it. I personally don't like it. I am tempted to switch to xp. What are you experiences with vista?

mr ed
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
works fine for me

Calis
07-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Vista isn't that bad. I'm not a fan, and would never run it, but thats personal preference. It depends what you wanna do with the system. Do you plan on running a lot of older applications? If so, good luck as most won't work.

I will be using XP and Linux for as long as I can, but Vista isn't as bad as some people try to make it

DeleteAccout
07-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I used vista when I was with Microscrap ... ahem ... soft. They taught you a few tricks the average consumer wouldn't know ... so it helped in some areas when Vista first came out. Now ... they've worked out a lot o the bugs, and it runs relatively smoothly.

XP however has no problems with program compatibility. Im not sure of anything NOW ... but Vista had some serious issues with compatibility

Madmax
07-08-2008, 01:24 AM
If the laptop has Vista on it and it works fine then leave it at that, also for warranty it has to be put back to what it came with.

XP vs Vista = both are about the same in peformance now and once you get use to Vista it will come like second nature to you.

Andre
07-08-2008, 01:34 AM
If you have a new laptop and vista works great...you are going to love it.
If however you have peripherals that need to hook-up to that laptop that are not new, if you have software to run that isn't new,, you are going to hate it.
Realizing after you get Vista running without any of your old stuff and it still works properly you are going to realize that some stuff looks better. But none of it performs better.
There is the rub.
Why did you upgrade?

dancingqueen
07-08-2008, 03:51 AM
Tormented Soul is right... Vista is good for a moderate to heavy computer user... if you are computer-retarded (I used to be, it's not really that bad /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif ) I would say go back to XP.

Andre
07-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Actually DQ you have that backwards

403_forbidden
07-08-2008, 12:53 PM
For a Microsoft OS alternative...Two words Linux - Ubuntu...do a search for it....It's free, it's stable, comes loaded with everyhting including an office suite, and it runs well on older PCs.....check it out...

EyelashExtensions
07-08-2008, 01:21 PM
I have Vista on my laptop and it runs way better than the XP on my desktop. I love Vista and I haven't had any problems at all with it.

Fast Shadow
07-09-2008, 01:15 AM
Vista = garbage, don't waste your time, or your system resources. Stick with XP until MS either fixes Vista or releases a new OS.