PDA

View Full Version : Sad beyond words

Simba
07-07-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=17934

There are some people that don't deserve to be alive.

*Angel*
07-07-2008, 11:49 PM
this is just sick!!!! I hope they can find the person who did this...I mean if she had pups and they try and sell them its a pretty small town so maybe it wont be hard to find the [censored]

DeleteAccout
07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
Well ... I dont agree with your solution Simba ... but I do agree that it is beyond absurd, and even more inhumane than I care to think. Still ... just for shooting a dog, I dont think it should be punishable by death.

Legion
07-08-2008, 12:11 AM
AAAAGGHH!! People who do this to defenceless, innocent animals deserve NO LESS then to be UTTERLY Destroyed themselves!! It makes me SO freakin mad! If i had the power and means... I would exact RIGHTOUS vengeance! GRRRRR!!

Wrangler35
07-08-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm sure if this dogs pic was circulated in Wawa..the possibility exists some one will come forward and identify it and its owner(s).

Larimar
07-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Cruelty to animals develops into cruelty and abuse to humans-so it is not a long shot to assume the person who did this is well on their way to shooting a human being or abusing a family member.

Andre
07-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Burn him!
The evil sick....
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=33182
is it ok if it's his dog or is it ok if he just got away?

Peety
07-08-2008, 12:29 AM
That was what I was thinking too.
There must be puppies around some where.
I am sure they will be for sale in another 5-6 weeks.
Shooting a dog if you have too is one thing.. They have done it for years on farms.These people didn't seem to care if the job was done right.I know I would want my dog to be buried on my property.

dancingqueen
07-08-2008, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tormented Soul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well ... I dont agree with your solution Simba ... but I do agree that it is beyond absurd, and even more inhumane than I care to think. Still ... just for shooting a dog, I dont think it should be punishable by death. </div></div>
hmmm, I disagree... most dogs I know are more pleasant and benificial than most people...
yes, I am a dog person /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

dancingqueen
07-08-2008, 02:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Legion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAAAGGHH!! People who do this to defenceless, innocent animals deserve NO LESS then to be UTTERLY Destroyed themselves!! It makes me SO freakin mad! If i had the power and means... I would exact RIGHTOUS vengeance! GRRRRR!! </div></div>

defenceles... no /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
innocent, not likely
rightous vengance. yes /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Any dog is far from innocent likely. but they are trusting, and this dog likey trusted it's owner. its a sad thing to think about the events that perpetrated this

tasma
07-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Just because the dog was owned doesn't mean the dogs owners shot her and it doesn't mean that the dogs family even lives in the area. I could be a transient family that didn't want the mother but wanted the pups.

Super Gram
07-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I wonder if the pups were weaned or not.I wonder how long this poor dog layed there.Someone in Wawa must know something.....however government don't have a law to punish these people.

KDawg
07-08-2008, 08:12 AM
So does this mean Simba and Legion want to bring the death penalty back to Canada?

Just asking.

Simba
07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Well Simba thinks that if someone can shoot a dog and leave it to to die and think nothing of it, I guess it's ok to do the same to them?

gouligann
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
That poor, poor dog. How can people be so freaking cruel? With a shelter nearby, they could have at least dropped the dog and puppies off.

I shudder to think about what they did with the puppies.

The Chronic Liar
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Simba thinks that if someone can shoot a dog and leave it to to die and think nothing of it, I guess it's ok to do the same to them? </div></div>

I agree with first person and second person simba

bluekrissyspikes
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
i wonder why someone did that to the poor thing. my first thought is that the dog might have been viscious or hurt someone.

AmdWolfman
07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
is that a real picture of the dog?,,,,word will spread around and they will arrest the fricken coward. give me five minutes with him.

AmdWolfman
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
thanks to the folks who brought him to the humane society, sounds like he's recovering well, thank god.

cybolynx
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
what if the dog big a kid ?

what would you say then about the dog ?

people have put dogs down for biting and drawing blood ... sometimes people have loved an animal so much they didnt really want to do it ... but it had to be done ... and once done could not muster up the stomach to bury it ... or go check on it cause of the pain of shooting there own animal ...

heck ... it could have been a dog snooping in somebody's backyard and somebody might have thought it was a wild animal took a shot at it and the animal took off and finally collapsed somewhere ..

the possibilities are endless ... yet people assume the owner did intentionally do it to cause harm ...

Craig Huckerby
07-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Not sure what the real story is, from what I learned it was taken to a dirt road and shot - left in the mud to die...Now the dog could have been stolen or whatever, or the owner could have been upset that the dog had a litter and shot it - I have no idea what happened to the puppies - but she is recovering and hopefully will find a loving and safe home...and yes that is the picture of the dog taken recently.

AmdWolfman
07-08-2008, 03:41 PM
i would scoop him up if i had the land,

Simba
07-08-2008, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CyboLynx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what if the dog big a kid ?

what would you say then about the dog ?

people have put dogs down for biting and drawing blood ... sometimes people have loved an animal so much they didnt really want to do it ... but it had to be done ... and once done could not muster up the stomach to bury it ... or go check on it cause of the pain of shooting there own animal ...

heck ... it could have been a dog snooping in somebody's backyard and somebody might have thought it was a wild animal took a shot at it and the animal took off and finally collapsed somewhere ..

the possibilities are endless ... yet people assume the owner did intentionally do it to cause harm ...

</div></div>
I don't care what the reason is, you don't shoot an animal in the damn head for any reason. Period. Whomever did that is obviously dimented.

Barry Morris
07-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh yes you do. If you have to. But, unlike this turkey, you make sure the job is done right and quick.

Larimar
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
There are Hunting laws so there are probably laws that would insist the shooter report the incident. (Are people with guns allowed to shoot anything willy nilly?-I doubt it) Whether or not he was in the right to shoot the dog he probably should have reported it. Seeing as how that person did not tell anyone and ran off like a coward it wouldn't be farfetched to assume he did something he knew was wrong.

Wawa news reports that the dog was shot at close range- This would help us assume that the gun wasn't all that powerful (seeing as how it didn't kill the animal). Was it a hand gun? B.c it's against the law to use those on animals.

I have heard of idiots who shoot animals with pellet guns, thinking they won't be injured-Just "fun" for the person. Was this the case? Did it go too far and they ran off scared?

I wish they let us know what type of gun this bullet was from-would speak volumes.

This article just brings up a lot of question sin me..

If the person was being attacked by a stray dog-Why was he/she carrying a gun in the first place?

If it were his/her own dog ..why not bring them to the humane society and let them euthanize?

If the dog attacked them-why wasn't it reported?

Why didn't they dispose of the body as the law requires?

The way I see it ..This person was not in the right no matter what happened. Plus, if this dog was dangerous the humane society would not be trying to find him a good home it would have been euthanized had he displayed aggression. (He did growl while injured says the report on Wawa news-BUT all dogs generally will be frightened and want people to keep away when in severe pain).

jmho