PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Products

General Lee
07-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone ever use them>?

I just put a bottle of the transmission formula in and WOW what a difference next oil change i am gonna try the oil stabalizer. these products acualy work kinda pricy but better then a new transmission

_daynzy
07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
their fuel injection cleaner works awesome too

corn316
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
i have seen this stuff do lots take knocks out of motors help sliping tranny and so on i recomend this stuff to anybody

General Lee
07-08-2008, 02:11 PM
my 96 intrepid was shifting hard and now its fine i am gonna try the oil stabalizer next oil change

Barry Morris
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
http://skepdic.com/slick50.html

"In defense of Slick 50, tests done on a Chevy 6 cylinder engine by the University of Utah Engineering Experiment Station found that after treatment with the PTFE additive the test engine's friction was reduced by 13.1 percent, the output horsepower increased from 5.3 percent to 8.1 percent, and fuel economy improved as well. Unfortunately, the same tests concluded that "There was a pressure drop across the oil filter resulting from possible clogging of small passageways." Oil analysis showed that iron contamination doubled after the treatment, indicating that engine wear increased (Rau)."

Remember those tests of small engine treated with Slick 50 and then drained, and run for hours?? A lab did the same tests on two engines, one treated, one not In fact BOTH engines ran on for hours after the oil was drained. The difference?? Increased cylinder wall wear IN THE SLICK 50 TREATED ENGINE.

Nothing beats proper, regular service and quality, ordinary oil.

Barry Morris
07-08-2008, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have seen this stuff do lots take knocks out of motors help sliping tranny and so on i recomend this stuff to anybody
</div></div>

But I wouldn't drive the car to Florida, regardless.