PDA

View Full Version : Gangland

GenX
07-16-2008, 06:07 PM
"Hand signals captured on videotape are once again being scrutinized around the NFL. Only this time, it's not the New England Patriots studying them for a competitive advantage, but league officials in search of a more sinister message.

The NFL, concerned that some players might celebrate by flashing the hand signals of street gangs, has hired experts to examine game tapes and identify the gestures.

"There have been some suspected things we've seen," said Milt Ahlerich, the league's vice president of security. "When we see it, we quietly jump on it immediately, directly with the team and the player or employee involved to cease and desist. Period.""

LINK (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/la-sp-nflsigns16-2008jul16,0,5370474.story)

I don't mind watching football. It's not a favorite sport, by any means, but it can be enjoyable to watch.

But the NFL resembles a professional gang anymore. Many players are embarrassments not only to their sport, but all of sport.

That is why I'll take a college football game over a professional game any day, any time.

Super Gram
07-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Also sucky American have to have 4 downs DUH!!!!!!!!!!

GenX
07-17-2008, 12:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also sucky American have to have 4 downs DUH!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Yeah, the CFL is so popular with their 3 downs, the league almost folds at the end of every year /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Stick to hockey, you do that fairly well.

Football? uh uh, you ain't got a clue, and your CFL is an embarrassment. The way Canada tries to make the Grey Cup (or whatever the hell it's called) like a big event comparable to the Super Bowl is hilarious. But while funny, I hear so many people actually express how embarrassed they are at Canada's attempt to create its own 'Super Sunday'.

Stick to hockey.

And curling.

GenX
07-17-2008, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also sucky American have to have 4 downs DUH!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

Did one of your great-grandkids write that one? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif