PDA

View Full Version : 93 jeep grand cherokee limited

Giggle Squirt
07-19-2008, 05:37 PM
I keep blowing the 60a fuse for the altinator.... vehicle has over 300000k on it and is running fine. it seems to only blow when it is really wet out and i am diving around. where should i start looking for problems/tracing wires.... i really want to get this fixed.

Barry Morris
07-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Wiring in a car can be a nightmare. I bought a truck once cheap that NOBODY could figure out. I just changed the complete wiring harness (tedious but not too bad) and it was OK.

I suggest checking inside EVERY connector under the hood. If you say it only happens wet, then it's unlikely to be inside. Pull out every plug, check it, grease it put it back. If any are bad you CAN buy the little metal spades or whatever.

Especially check the grounds. This is the most important part of the "wiring' because thebody is half of almost every circuit. Unscrew the ground wires on the body, clear and replace.
Also check the main ground cable from the engine to the body, AND the ground from the battery to the body. Make sure the alternator is grounded well also.

Hope that helps.