PDA

View Full Version : mechanical advice needed

_daynzy
07-21-2008, 04:30 PM
94 dodge ram 1500 318 5.2

I've had the truck since march and I'm having problems with it..

FOr the first 5 minutes running it works great.. but then as you come to stops, the truck doesn't want to go into the right gear (how it feels)... when you step on the gas it flutters, like trying to start in second gear.. but then 2 minutes later you stop, it takes off fine.

changed the transmission fluid and filter, new tps (was biggering up), and cleaned the air filter..

would it be my fuel pump starting to go, or is it the transmission? I've read somewhere that the TV cable could be the culprit?

idea, suggestion, anything welcome!

_daynzy
07-21-2008, 05:56 PM
oh, and the fuel filter is on the pump /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Anapeg
07-22-2008, 08:09 AM
While you may be experiencing a problem with your fuel filter your main problem lies with the transmission. If when you stop and/or slow down and the transmission fails to down shift in response you have internal issues. If your transmission uses second gear to start it causes excessive wear and also labours the engine unnecesarrily. You can go to a reputable transmission shop and they can down load your codes and diagnose the problem. this is not prohibitively expensive and will give you an idea as to the coarse of action required.

_daynzy
07-22-2008, 05:14 PM
sault trans has it now