PDA

View Full Version : Two Nvidia partners defect

Madmax
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
"Like Gainward before them, two of the largest ones, XFX and EVGA have defected."

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/21/two-nvidia-partners-defect

Killswitch
07-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Hmmm, that doesn't look good. But what about this?

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Get-Your-Money-Back-from-EVGA-and-XFX-90053.shtml

filthy
07-22-2008, 03:50 AM
I myself have been wondering lately, being an Nvidia user since my 9800Pro. I really like my cards, having 2 8800GTS 512Mb in SLI, and did not overpay for them, getting one for under $300 at launch and a second for just over $200 2 months later. The performance I'm getting out of them is pretty sweet, playing Crysis on very high, 0xAA and getting 40+ FPS (1440x900 resi).

But as of the release of the GTX 200 series and the 4800 series ...I was drooling over the prospect of 1 or 2 4870's.

Welcome back ATI, I knew it was gonna take time after the merger, but thank god they made it back.

p.s. The 9800GX2 is a pretty sweet card too, and what I think is the single best card right now, until the 4870x2 that is which is hitting next month <insert upgrade here> lolz

Hans
07-22-2008, 05:27 PM
This is normal due to technical restraints. It's almost impossible to increase performance without completely redesigning the GPU. Not to mention there's an issue with ever increasing power requirements and a small market for the high end graphic cards.
Remember, the biggest GPU manufacturer and seller is Intel...

filthy
07-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Intel? bull****. Integrated graphics don't mean crap to me. Just because they come with OEM's and stuff, atleast half of them are disabled and replaced with ATI or Nvidia.

You tell me how much money Intel makes off graphics accelerators alone?

People are buying ATI and Nvidia solutions at their sometime insane prices, and take into account how many GPU's they pumped out in the last 2 years.

Some very bright people in the tech world say high end PC's are coming back..strong, and will lead the way in the near future for technology advancements.

Hans
07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Intel is still the largest GPU manufacturer on the market, not just overall, but it leads both desktop and mobile segments. All thanks to its integrated chips. Intel holds 41.1% of the total graphics circuit market, which is an increase of 3.7%, compared to Q4 2006, while NVIDIA grew to 31.8% (up 3.4%) and AMD dropped to 22.8% (down 0.2%).

http://www.nordichardware.com/news,7290.html

Intel holds 41.1% of the total graphics circuit market.
It's the reason why ATI got together with AMD, and the reason why Nvidia is having problems right now.

filthy
07-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Nvidia is having problems because they keep pumping out tweaked cards as new cards and selling them as new prices.

But saying Intel holds the majority of the GPU market with integrated is like saying the TTC in Toronto is the top make/model of vehicle that people drive because the amount of people riding it.

Hans
07-23-2008, 07:10 AM
What I am saying is that Intel holds the majority of the market. Since you need a whole lot of money for research and development, you begin to see issues with Nvdia. Same way as you see issues with AMD versus Intel in the cpu market.