PDA

View Full Version : EARWIGS!!!

orchid
07-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I hate the little buggers! i went to brush my teeth after supper, and there was a huge, fat earwig sitting on the end of my toothbrush! eewwww!

sereenie
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
hahahaahaha yeah those things are pretty nasty. YUK!

Babzz
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I hate the nasty little creatures too..
My home is being invaded by them and its me want to hurl..

I had one stuck in the straw of my gator aid.. grrr

shivers~~~~

orchid
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
yikes, hope you saw him before you took a drink. i don't know if i will be able to use my toothbrush again, lol.

J*B
07-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Get out your soap and water sprayer and have at er'.. Just be glad you don't have to deal with these.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff198/Katch5/giant-earwig.jpg

IMHO
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Dip them in chocolate...nice and crunch chew.

A*lil*Loopy
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I feel for you, I was brushing my teeth the other morning and saw the ceiling through the mirror............a huge centipede was over my head. I just about chit my pants!

Our earwigs are at a minimum, very rarely do I find one since we used the powder. I keep saying it works great. Good thing too since my bedroom is in the basement.

sereenie
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
powder??

adigirl
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
What powder? I have seen two in my bathroom. I hate the little buggers.

Macs II
07-23-2008, 11:00 PM
No bugs in my house ...not allowed

SusyQ
07-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Your just a walking can of raid aren't ya Macs! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Misschix
07-24-2008, 01:16 AM
i hate when i go out for a smoke....i jump through the door as quick as i can or they might fall on me,
we were staining our deck today and i saw holes in the wood with their little asses hanging out

lynys
07-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I have an infestation of spiders and earwigs. Grr. Oh, and fruit flies from the watermelon that just exploded on my counter. But yeah... earwigs make me ill!

starterwiz
07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I don't know anyone but Mac's that hates so much.
Gonna' give you cancer dude.
You're gonna carry it 'til it eats you up inside.

Ear wigs. on the other hand, gotta work to kill 'em. Bowl of beer works well.
And anyone tried original Listerine for mosquitos?
They hate that.

Genny
07-24-2008, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A*lil*Loopy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our earwigs are at a minimum, very rarely do I find one since we used the powder. I keep saying it works great. Good thing too since my bedroom is in the basement. </div></div>

Do Tell: What powder? Where can we get it? HELP!

Bouffer
07-24-2008, 08:12 AM
They seem over populated this year. I live in the upstairs of a house and we've got some up here too! The other day i went for a pee pee and there was one just hanging out in my panties. Don't know why he thought he could just hang out there, but now i shake my panties and search them with a fine tooth comb before i put them on. UHCKK!

Punkin
07-24-2008, 08:33 AM
I do believe there is a powder up at CT you can use & put around all openings in your house.. doors & such. We used it a few years back, whether that is the same thing Loopy used,I'm not sure.

lynys
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Borax soap is what some people use to try and keep them at Bay. Sprinkle it around the perimeter of your home and they supposedly don't cross the powder line.

Simba
07-24-2008, 10:14 AM
I thought I was safe til this morning. I found one just sitting there in the dish rack! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif I got the chills and after that everything I look at looks like an earwig!! My cat walked by and brushed up against my leg and tickled me and I jumped 10 feet in the air and yelped thinking there were earwigs on my leg... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I scared the living daylights out of the cat! He was looking at me like WTF is wrong with you??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

BigDaddyKewl
07-24-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a bad earwig problem outside my house around my garden and front entrance.

While I was at Home Depot one day I asked in the gardening dept. about earwig killer. She sold me a $9.00 box of bait made by Wilson. It's called Earwig & Cutworm killer. it's a box full of pellets that you put in small mounds in damp places or where you see the little jerks climbing in and out of.

I'm telling you this stuff works. I put some down as sample bait stations, went inside, came out 20 minutes later, and there were earwigs everywhere going for these bait stations. The earwigs were dying, gimping out in a slow and painful death and I felt vindicated from my earwig/inhaler incident from years ago.

SusyQ
07-24-2008, 10:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovearchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They seem over populated this year. I live in the upstairs of a house and we've got some up here too! The other day i went for a pee pee and there was one just hanging out in my panties. Don't know why he thought he could just hang out there, but now i shake my panties and search them with a fine tooth comb before i put them on. UHCKK!

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif sorry but thats funny. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Did the earwig look like this? If not, you should be using more than a fine tooth comb

http://www.livingwithbugs.com/Images/crab_louse.jpg

Just kidding

I got this stuff called Earwig destroyer, I got over run by them every year, untll this year. I bought the stuff last year, and they dissapeared, So before earwig season I sprinkleed this stuff all around my house. (Safe for flowers and gardens). And I haven't seen one all year.

blueeyedgirl
07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
I guess we have been lucky to have not seen one yet this year. I don't like them things. I worry they might climb in my ear when I am sleeping lol.

Bouffer
07-24-2008, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did the earwig look like this? If not, you should be using more than a fine tooth comb

http://www.livingwithbugs.com/Images/crab_louse.jpg

Just kidding

I got this stuff called Earwig destroyer, I got over run by them every year, untll this year. I bought the stuff last year, and they dissapeared, So before earwig season I sprinkleed this stuff all around my house. (Safe for flowers and gardens). And I haven't seen one all year.</div></div>

LOL! Hay now!!

Super Gram
07-24-2008, 04:24 PM
I haven't seen one this year so far. But when my hubby opens the door at night to let the dog out. All manner of bugs come in. But we have an airtight house.We have A/C so keep everything closed.

A*lil*Loopy
07-24-2008, 05:35 PM
The powder is available at CT and usually costs about $10 or around that. It is safe for pets but make sure they aren't there when you put it down since it is a dust. Use it outside around the house especially near doors and windows. It kills them withing 48 hours usually by cutting them internally. You should redust after any big rains.
It only takes one bottle to go around the perimeter of my place. And yes, it works like a charm!

The link is to a picture of a very similar brand.
http://www.biconet.com/crawlers/GIFs/cik-50.jpg

Simba
07-24-2008, 06:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lovearchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They seem over populated this year. I live in the upstairs of a house and we've got some up here too! The other day i went for a pee pee and there was one just hanging out in my panties. Don't know why he thought he could just hang out there, but now i shake my panties and search them with a fine tooth comb before i put them on. UHCKK!

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif sorry but thats funny. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif Yes it is funny!! I think if it were me I would have had a coronary!!!

dancingqueen
07-24-2008, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDad****wl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">from my earwig/inhaler incident from years ago. </div></div>

I don't even want to know, but I can imagine... I would totaly blow an O-ring and then puke my internal organs out, I absolutly hate those things. Other bugs don't bother me, but earwigs are one thing I cannot stand

dancingqueen
07-24-2008, 07:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get out your soap and water sprayer and have at er'.. Just be glad you don't have to deal with these.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff198/Katch5/giant-earwig.jpg </div></div>

I would loose it if I saw one of those, I got shivers up my spine just seeing that

heintzman
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
i think i have only seen two this year,,,touch wood,,, i crushed them with my bare hands i was so mad,,, friggin things,,, i hate them... good luck,, and i hope your good luck doesn't bring me bad!!! LOL!

givememore
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I one put a swimsuit on,after getting it from the line, I had cut a hole in the crotch lining part(I was 9) so that I could get the fine sand out after playing on the beach...only to feel movement down there. I ripped it off as fast as I could only to see 5 earwigs crawling out of the hole.I have been traumatized by them since then.

Hank1
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Suggestion : Place an empty tuna can or cat food can whichever half filled with cooking oil outside of the problem area and you will be surprised how mant earwigs you will find in the can the next morning.

Babzz
07-24-2008, 10:57 PM
rolled up damp newpaper will attract them too..