PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrows (waxing or threading)

LettuceLady
07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Where is a good place to get eyebrows done? Has anyone gotten threading done? Which lasts longer? Also, prices.

Babzz
07-24-2008, 12:42 AM
waxing is only about ten bucks at hollywood in the mall. They do a great job

Lollypop
07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I checked at Suzie Yoo and they do threading butI didn't get a price, sorry.

Chaotic Chick
07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
I haven't had threading done, just waxing but I saw threading done on a show a few years ago. The woman who was doing it said it lasts about the same as waxing. It is supposed to be less painful though. I found getting my eyebrows waxed hurt like hell lol. I get it done once in a while, then pluck the strays when I need to. I get it done at Hollywood in Station Mall, and as Babzz said, it is only ten bucks.

Babzz
07-24-2008, 10:53 AM
what is threading??

Chaotic Chick
07-24-2008, 11:03 AM
It is sooooooooooooo hard to explain lol. I saw it on tv and couldn't even believe it lol. Here is a link explaining it, but you really have to see it done! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threading_(epilation)

Tutones
07-24-2008, 06:02 PM
I got mine done at Bubble Pop. $10 and didn't hurt at all.

A*lil*Loopy
07-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I was told that threading isn't exactly comfortable, but I must say that it looks beautiful. When they wax, it pulls out the hair but when they thread, it trims it so you don't have any hairs hanging outside of the wanted area. I had a good close look at a young ladies brows after she had it done and it looked very clean and precise. Personally, I'd get threading done before I'd do waxing.

Wish I could explain it better, it certainly is an art form and looks terrific.

The art form is passed down generations and I wouldn't trust a white woman to do it. Not to sound racist, but it's definitely a cultural thing.

AnnF.
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I go to The Beauty of It.

Kittie
07-26-2008, 04:00 AM
It's 12$ at Suzie Yoo to get threading done.

LettuceLady
07-26-2008, 02:43 PM
I went Thursday to Suzie Yoo to get them waxed. the East indian woman who does threading was only in on Friday. It was $12 and she did a fantastic job.

Jackie B
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I always get threading done at Suzie Yoo. I like it so much more than waxing. It's $12, but it seems a lot more accurate to me than waxing, because she can get into every little spot in a way that waxing can't. I've never had arches in my eyebrowes until I started getting threading done. It does hurt more than waxing, but you get used to it after a few times. I go every two weeks for it.