PDA

View Full Version : stinging nettle

kitca
07-23-2008, 10:46 PM
ouch!!! i got stung bad today. it was this huge plant growing right in the middle of a raised raspberry bed. (neighbours) so i thot maybe it was a herb or something, didnt give it another thot and went on picking (not realizing it was stinging nettle!) omg, it felt like a pack of wasps were stinging me, took a minute to figure it out too. i got it on the back of my arm and my forarm. it still hurts, and the websites said it only hurts for a few hours or less. ouch!

MaO3
07-24-2008, 09:05 AM
kitca -- were you in Mrs. C's raspberries???

I hope you feel better today.

kitca
07-24-2008, 09:37 AM
yes ma, i was. she is unable to pick, so ive been going over every day. the garden and patch o raspberry have really gotten out of hand in the last little while, lots of weeds. mrs c, i just love her!

im better today, now it is itchy.

MaO3
07-24-2008, 10:58 AM
She and her late husband were the sweetest people. I used to get baskets of stuff from that garden of hers.
I haven't seen her in quite a while, how is she?

kitca
07-28-2008, 11:19 PM
yes, sadly just this spring she hurt her leg and they felt it was time for her to have some more care. she is in her late 80's. ive been visiting her at the hospital, she is very content and has a wonderful attitude about what is happening. its just too bad it had to happen in the spring and not in the fall as she just loves to be out in her gardens all summer long. i picked 7 quarts today.

mags
07-29-2008, 07:30 AM
If you can find some burdock pull a couple of leaves offand rub them where stinging nettles got your skin. Gives almost instant relief and complete relief to a stinging nettle reaction.

MaO3
07-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Kitca, I didn't hear that she'd been hospitalized. Would you please tell her that we said hello. I don't know if she'll remember us or not but please tell her that we're thinking about her regardless.