PDA

View Full Version : interesting!

great body
07-31-2008, 10:02 AM
http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/470238

So, if I see an impaired driver I will not report it or any other crime!

Bufford
07-31-2008, 10:11 AM
maybe I haven't had enough coffe yet, but I don't get your point.

Verotik
07-31-2008, 10:54 AM
while i agree a lot of idiots out there cannot drive and talk at the same time do we need another law?

SusyQ
07-31-2008, 10:56 AM
They want too ban cell phones while driving which is an awesome idea. I think what fugly is getting at Bufford is how would people call if they need too report a crime. It's easy fugly pull over. I hate seeing people driving and talking on cells. My daughter remembers the Keswick woman accident very well and it was horrible.

great body
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
No, I wont pull over, you will burn gas breaking and idling. The price of gas these days, no way!

SusyQ
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Let me get this straight fugly. You'd rather talk on a cell while driving risking peoples lives so you can save a few pennies by not pulling over? Ya makes a lot of sense.

Super Gram
07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I agree with the govenment. There have been accidents while people are talking on cell phone.It only takes a minute to pull into somewhere and shut the engine off and use the phone. I don't have one but I was nearly side swipped by someone budy talking on a cell phone. I bet there have been a lot of accidents with people talking on cell phone and after the accident they put the cell away and don't report it.

Remember that snowy day that guy was coming in Via highway 17 E. A bus pulled out in front of him cause the driver couldn't see very well. But it has been proven that the driver had been on the cell phone with his wife. Then the cell went dead.Imagine using a cell when you can hardly see where you are going

Andre
08-01-2008, 11:23 AM
There have been studies that show people are more impaired talking on a cell phone than they are after consuming 3 beer, which would cause you to blow over the limit into a warning.

I used to worry about people talking on cell phones and driving but that has now been surpassed by peopled texting and driving.
That's fugged up and scares the shiat out of me

northern nomad
08-01-2008, 06:33 PM
depends on whether you are talking on the cell and doing your eyeliner or just answering a quick yes no.

i always answer when driving, thanks for calling but i am driving, is there something urgent i can answer ?

usually now they say no call me back.

try it.

crazymamma
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
common sense people....don't do stupid things while driving!! I see it everyday...girl answers phone eatting breakfast on the way to work...drives through red light or yet someone ansewers phone changes lanes driving 80 in a 50 ...no signal lights whatsoever and where do i end up? IN A DAMN DITCH!!!!! Yes we need a damn law for this!!!!

northern nomad
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
does that mean i cant use a cell phone but clinton type sex is still allowed ??

hmmmmm?

haha
08-01-2008, 06:41 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!