PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound victim identified

xXx
08-01-2008, 10:17 AM
heres the link

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/...ub=WinnipegHome (http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20080801/wpg_busname_080801/20080801/?hub=WinnipegHome)

IMHO
08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
He is charges with SECOND degree murder...seems like FIRST degree is in order here. This despicable louse should receive the same death his victim did...only slower. What a disgusting human being he is.

tippikitty
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I agree Thinking Hard! I thought for sure this was a first degree murder.

V Code
08-01-2008, 11:08 AM
First degree is a planned murder. if this guy went crazy and just did it. its not planned and therefore become second

IMHO
08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
As long as he never sees the light of day...GOOD.

Sophie's_Mommy
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
that is sad, like i dont get why he would do something like that, did he wake up that morning and think to himself, I m going to catch the bus and kill the person beside me, he must have some sort of mental disability, and i wish Canada had the death penalty. Very sad for the family though, poor kid was so young and its sad stuff like this happens. I think he should get a 1st degree murder charge, this isn't just a spur of the moment, he obviously planned to kill someone on the bus before he got on . hope he rots in hell.

IMHO
08-01-2008, 11:59 AM
The fact that he was carrying a large knife kinda suggests he was planning something.

Huggy85
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Criminal Code definition of murder

The Criminal Code defines murder as killing someone where the killer meant to cause the person's death or meant to cause bodily harm that was likely to result in their death. There are two degrees of murder:

First-degree murder is when the killing is "planned and deliberate." In other words, where the murder was premeditated. However, some killings that aren't premeditated are still automatically first-degree, such as the killing of a police officer or when the killing takes place during the commission of a hijacking, kidnapping or sexual assault. Those convicted of first-degree murder receive an automatic life sentence with no chance of parole for 25 years.

Second-degree murder is defined in the Code as all murders that are not first-degree but where the killing was still intentional.

Generally speaking, it applies to those murders that are "spontaneous" and weren't planned in advance. For example, a husband who had no plans to kill his wife but, once they started fighting, meant to kill her. As with first-degree murder, those convicted of second-degree receive an automatic life sentence. However, the judge can set their parole eligibility at anywhere between 10 and 25 years.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/featu...ad-729b648abbe5 (http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/features/pickton/story.html?id=ffa77705-640d-4d47-9cad-729b648abbe5)

Definitely Second degree, though it's irrelevant - sentence possibilities are the same.

On this day I wish we could apply the death penalty......

DeleteAccout
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I went to school with a Guy named Tim McLean .... I cant find any photos of the guy or that facebook site they mentioned ... hmm. Weird

DeleteAccout
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Friends...c=abc&date=True (http://news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Friends+identify+man+stabbed+beheaded+on+Greyhound +bus/Canada/ContentPosting?isfa=1&newsitemid=stabbing-victim&feedname=CBC-CANADA-V3&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=True)

Nevermind ... But that's still BRUTAL!. This guy decapitated him ... this sick [censored] needs to go away for good.

It says later on in that video ... that the guy tried to then EAT parts of the body .... you've GOT to be kidding me ...

Simba
08-01-2008, 12:39 PM
After reading and watching video clips and now knowing the name of the victim, it just makes me feel worse. This bothered me quite a bit yesterday. I'm not sure whether to feel sad, angry, sick..maybe it's a combination of all. I feel for those that witnessed it. They are going to be messed up for a while.

DeleteAccout
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
It's one thing to see a murder. It's another to see a decapitation. It's ANOTHER to see someone feed on another human beings corpse. I dont think "a while" even skims the surface. I have a very dtrong stomach. Not a lot can bother me ... this made me cringe a little. I dont think these people will be sleeping for atleast a week, and and for no more than an hour a night for atleast a year after that

b&aMom
08-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Be careful what you assume in early media reports. One report I read said he cannibalized the body, another I read said that the driver, the trucker and the alerting passenger re-entered the bus, saw him decapitating the victim, and then cutting up part of the body. I've yet to read that he actually (ahem) consumed part of the body. Although I could believe it of someone that deranged.

Craig Huckerby
08-01-2008, 01:22 PM
posted a story a little while ago this .. http://www.soonews.ca

Bouffer
08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
You should check out the group in facebook and see the types of things people are talking about in this group. " R.I.P Tim McLean" it's so sad.

photochick
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
there are some ppl on this group that are equally disturbed as the murderer...

this may be sick to hear for kids but here is an audio of the police talking...listen right at the end...

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/193490.php

MelissaBrian
08-01-2008, 01:58 PM
bleep!

photochick
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM
lol great minds think alike... :P

MelissaBrian
08-01-2008, 02:19 PM

SusyQ
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
Freakin people. This was posted on Facebook. Nice for family and friends too see huh!

Ebaums Didit wrote
at 2:18pm
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD THE INFIDELS
ALL GLORY TO ALLAH
BEHEAD

I tried the report button but it didn't work.

Little-n
08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I just read some posts on the facebook group, some guy wrote .."I knew him personally and he had it coming"

OMFG!!!! I don't care how much you don't like someone or think whatever of them NOBODY deserves to die in that manner...GOD i wouldn't wish anything of the sort on my worst enemy. That was just BRUTAL!

DeleteAccout
08-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Seems to me that this guy writing that ..... is gonna get his too one day :P

haha
08-01-2008, 05:20 PM
i feel so bad for that little guy, i agree totally with ¤~¤Little-n¤~¤ no one deserves to die like that. His poor mother.

BrAt
08-01-2008, 05:28 PM
His poor family for not knowing it was their son until a journalist showed up at their door.

How could the RCMP not officially release the name for such a long period? It happened 2 days ago. They couldn't get a hold of next of kin who was sitting home watching this all unfold on the news? Being someone who loved to travel so much I am sure he had some sort of identification on him. Even if he didn't, he had a cell phone on him. I'm sure they could have found out who he was that way and contacted the family.

It's really the most sad thing I have heard in a long time and knowing that this guy was innocent and didn't provoke it at all makes it even worse. Poor kid. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Sincerest condolences to the family and friends of this boy during the hardest time of their lives. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

R.I.P. Tim!!

Huggy85
08-01-2008, 10:31 PM
RCMP radio transmission audio from the scene - caution, graphic and disturbing!

http://www.am770chqr.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1019471

Super Gram
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Thats the same thing Huggy as the url up above ....just at a different url

MelissaBrian
08-02-2008, 12:31 AM
oh my dear god..the last thing i hear ,i truly didnt want to hear!!!

What is this guy thinking,why are people so sick...its insane!!?

Huggy85
08-02-2008, 02:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats the same thing Huggy as the url up above ....just at a different url </div></div>

oops, my bad

CharliBean
08-03-2008, 11:15 AM
First of all I would simply like to say how deeply sorry i am to the friends and family of tim Mclean.

Secondly, i would like to mention how badly my heart goes out to the witnesses of the attack. i read a recent post on one of the facebook groups by a girl ranting and raving about the passengers, stating they acted cowardly in not stopping the attack.. from everything that i heard, it sounds like tim was attacked so brutally he would not have survived regardless, and i am relieved the passengers were able to exit the bus so swiftly that no one else was injured. further more, i can only imagine the heartache the passengers must be living with every day, themselves wondering what they could have done to stop the attack. I imagine they relive the experience everyday and place much blame on themselves. Logically, we all know, in the same situation, there is nothing anyone could have done without there being more bloodshed. My heart is with each and every one of them.

Also, i want to know what kind of a sick and demented world we live in where not only can something like this occur, but people think its appropriate to make jokes about it. i was working the other night when a young guy walked up to the bar for a beer. He asked me if i had heard about the attack at all. i told him i had. he then proceeded to make crude jokes about it, saying "he must have lost his mind" and "way to lose your head buddy". I grabbed the beer out of his hand, dumped it, told him he was cut off and to get out of my bar. I then reminded him that Tim McLean was a 22 year old kid, he was someones friend, someones son, someones first boyfriend... I started to choke up, i couldnt speak and my eyes began to tear... this a$$h* le laughed and made some comment about it being "that time of the month" and walked out laughing...

What is wrong with the world??

Babzz
08-03-2008, 11:21 AM
oh god..
I wish i never would have clicked on that link..

photochick
08-03-2008, 07:44 PM
so sorry to hear that Charlibean, what a demented jerk that guy must have been!!!!!!!!

LIKETOWIN
08-04-2008, 09:11 AM
he brought a knife with him. and he also told his employer he was going for a job interview in winnipeg, and told his wife he had a family emergency i think he knew he was going to kill.

photochick
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
really where did you hear that?

Huggy85
08-04-2008, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tito</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he brought a knife with him. and he also told his employer he was going for a job interview in winnipeg, and told his wife he had a family emergency i think he knew he was going to kill. </div></div>

If so, it's still not premeditated murder. He had no specific victim in his plan (assuming he had a plan)

bluekrissyspikes
08-04-2008, 10:05 AM
it's hard for the police to prove it's premeditated even when it is. they need concrete proof, like a witness or some written plans.

numbnuts
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM
"The nation's glued to CNN to watch their own creation."

They keep making movies like SAW, more crimes like this will happen. They were watching the movie ZORRO on the bus before the attack occurred.

Here's another,

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/04/greece.crime.ap/index.html

Ultra54
08-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes the blame game now, should be blaming music, movies and Grand Theft Auto soon too.I also imagine that you won't be able to carry any metal objects, bottles of water, or Ipods on the Greyhound because in the million years man has been on the planet one guy cut someones head off on a Greyhound bus.

numbnuts
08-04-2008, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes the blame game now, should be blaming music, movies and Grand Theft Auto soon too.I also imagine that you won't be able to carry any metal objects, bottles of water, or Ipods on the Greyhound because in the million years man has been on the planet one guy cut someones head off on a Greyhound bus.</div></div>

So you're saying music, video games, and movies have no influence in how people behave? How come I see a lot of white people acting, dressing, and talking like they're black gangbangers?

KDawg
08-04-2008, 10:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes the blame game now, should be blaming music, movies and Grand Theft Auto soon too.I also imagine that you won't be able to carry any metal objects, bottles of water, or Ipods on the Greyhound because in the million years man has been on the planet one guy cut someones head off on a Greyhound bus. </div></div>

Yep. Wait for it. Remember how the airlines and transportation officials lost all ability to think logically? But I believe the authorities have now decided that tubes of toothpaste are once again safe.

dancingqueen
08-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Well, nobody should be aloud on a bus with a weapon at all. There should have been security measures like on airplanes before this happened.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They were watching the movie ZORRO on the bus before the attack occurred.</div></div>

please don't tell me you think this may have had something to do with the attack... I beg of you...

Paully
08-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Pretty soon you will need to go through metal detactars and get frisked to board the darn city bus cause of things like this.

bluekrissyspikes
08-04-2008, 11:39 AM
the guy was mentally ill. it had nothing to do with what he was watching on tv. he lost touch with reality cause he refused to get treatment for his mental illness and this is the end result. tv, music and video games are not to blame.

Ultra54
08-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I wonder how the world came to terms with what Hitler did without media to blame?

dancingqueen
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he lost touch with reality cause he refused to get treatment for his mental illness and this is the end result.</div></div>

You don't know this, and if you do, you know more than the media seems to know.
Maybe he was not diagnosed correctly, or sufferes some kind of trauma... not trying to make excuses for what he did, but where the heck do you get this from that he must have refused medication and such?

dancingqueen
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I wonder how the world came to terms with what Hitler did without media to blame? </div></div>

damn radio stations. All their fault too, that, and comic books!

bluekrissyspikes
08-04-2008, 04:05 PM
sorry i forgot i had to provide a link for everything when i post a comment on here.
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/greyhound-bus-killer-vince-li-paranoid-schizophrenic

feel free to google greyhound murder/schizophrenic and you will find tons of links to similar information all on your own.

Larimar
08-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the link BlueKrissyspikes.

Anyone would have guessed he was in someway unstable mentally for sure. It makes sense, considering how calm and spontaneous th ethought to kill seemed to be. The knife may have been with him due to the paranoia that he was under constant watch and could be attacked. I hope he does NOT get to be in a mental institute-I persnally think he's far too dangerous. He does need treatment, but I hope it's behind bars in prison. This was his fault for declining treatment, a little like a person knowing that they are drunk and choosing to drive. This man needs to take responsibility for his action-I hope he's in prison not the mental ward!

dancingqueen
08-04-2008, 04:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry i forgot i had to provide a link for everything when i post a comment on here.
http://www.nowpublic.com/world/greyhound-bus-killer-vince-li-paranoid-schizophrenic

feel free to google greyhound murder/schizophrenic and you will find tons of links to similar information all on your own. </div></div>

my apologies if I seemed to be accusing you of lying. I was not aware of this story. I would have excpected it would have been mentioned in CTV or something.
*shrug*

This really bothers me:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "There's no way he's going behind bars. He's going to end up in a mental health facility," she predicted.</div></div>

He danm well better go to prision!
Like Dreamspirit said, if a drunk person is held responsible for the decisions they make then so is a mentaly ill person.

Simba
08-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I agree 1000% DQ!!

Madmax
08-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Well i agree he should be going to prison as he most certainly knew what he was doing and carried out this attack. There is no way you can tell me that he never for once knew what he was doing.

He brought a knife on to a bus, he sat in the front of the bus at first, he then decided to move to the rear of the bus, he knowingly sought out the victim who was asleep with head phones on.

Out of all the ppl on the bus to not have anyone sitting with them it was the victim .. back of the bus .. no ppl behind to help in any type of an attack.

He knew what he was doing as he stabbed him several times and once ppl saw what he was doing, he knowingly decided to prevent them from coming back into the bus ... decapitate the victim.

He knowingly tried to drive the bus away ... drive ... means thought process to do something knowingly.

When police arrived he knowingly decided to act more nuts and hack off some pieces and proceeded to eat some of them.

Come on ppl .... what a gross, disgusting, barfing .. unhuman .. sicko things .... he did ... and did knowingly.

He should be in jail for the rest of his pathetic life.

skibunnie64
08-04-2008, 11:04 PM
The one thing with someone who is paranoid schizophrenic, they think everyone is out to get them and often don't seek help in fear the doctors are out to get them. Most don't realize they have a problem, they truely believe it is reality that people are out to get them. Be interesting to see if they rule whether he is fit to stand trial or not.
Unfortunately he may just be held in a mental health facility, but hopefully in a high secured area.
I believe he should go to prison as well but time will tell what his fate will be.

skibunnie64
08-04-2008, 11:18 PM
here's a link about another trial about a guy standing trial for double murder and was said to be paranoid schizophrenic

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/new-brunswick/story/2007/04/24/nb-despresdiagnosis.html

Super Gram
08-04-2008, 11:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibunnie64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one thing with someone who is paranoid schizophrenic, they think everyone is out to get them and often don't seek help in fear the doctors are out to get them. Most don't realize they have a problem, they truely believe it is reality that people are out to get them. Be interesting to see if they rule whether he is fit to stand trial or not.
Unfortunately he may just be held in a mental health facility, but hopefully in a high secured area.
I believe he should go to prison as well but time will tell what his fate will be.
</div></div>

I have a friend in California who worked at a hospitals for schizophrenics she was a mental nurse. She said one day they brought a murderer there for mental evaluation and she trusted him more than she trusted the schizophrenics. She said you can put them all in a room together and each is in their own world.Their thoughts are only theirs . Thats why the passengers said there was no emotion to what he was doing. Yes I would say he will spend the rest of his life in an asylum unless they can get him better with drugs . To stand trial JMO tho'

But I think they should deport him back to China cause he is not a Canadian citizen

skibunnie64
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
But how could you trust someone that at any given time with no emotion shown they could lash out and kill?

MelissaBrian
08-04-2008, 11:49 PM
YOU JUST DONT...

keep them locked up...for our wellbeing.

08-05-2008, 01:14 AM
I read a story one time, that a child with down syndrom, was left in a car by himself, he was about 12. He put the car in reverse because he wanted to drive. The car backed over and killed a 3yr and his 7 year old sister.

Should this child be locked up for everyones well being?

08-05-2008, 01:18 AM
Before you say it's different, look at the facts.

A person with a mental illness.
A person with the capabilties of harming someone.
A person that was left unattended, untreated.

A mental illness, is a mental illness. As bad as the tragedy is, I'm sure he had no control over himself. There is no excuse, he should be monitored. Not locked up and forgotten about.

The Chronic Liar
08-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Your example is a parent not watching their kids. Kind of a stupid comparison

08-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Li's parent wasn't watching him.

My example is showing that someone with a mental illness either doesn't have control of what is going on, or doens't have the capacity to see the consequences to their actions.

Now, don't you have a bus to catch?

Madmax
08-05-2008, 01:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your example is a parent not watching their kids. Kind of a stupid comparison</div></div>

My words exactly.

Parent or guardian is to blame there and they should go to jail not the kid.

The Chronic Liar
08-05-2008, 01:27 AM
I did but i didnt know the consequences of not catching the last bus. LOOK OUT!

The Chronic Liar
08-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Li is 40. Who was his guardian

08-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Either you can't dissmiss a mental illness as, madmax put it "KNOWINGLY".

He may have KNOWINGLY did all this, but how is his sense of "KNOWING" compared to a person with normal brain function?

skibunnie64
08-05-2008, 02:12 AM
For one Down Syndrome is not a mental illness.

aussie_angel24
08-05-2008, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before you say it's different, look at the facts.

A person with a mental illness.
A person with the capabilties of harming someone.
A person that was left unattended, untreated.

A mental illness, is a mental illness. As bad as the tragedy is, I'm sure he had no control over himself. There is no excuse, he should be monitored. Not locked up and forgotten about. </div></div>

This person knew what he was doing the whole time, he boarded that bus with a knife and he has intentions in hurting a person and he did. A mental illness or not he deserves what any other person would get for second degree murder. It really sucks to the low that people like this that can easily take a persons life in such a brutel way can try to cry mental illness issues to get off with what they have done. And a guy like this is no comparrison to a child left in a car with no one there to attend to him. This guy not only took the life of that 22 year old guy but took away so many other things not only to his family but to the people on the bus that witnessed it all...for life they will see it in their mind. Anyone who can stand up and say mental illness needs to be treated like this for such a crime has issues...I do not care if the guy had mental issues what he done was as bad as it comes to many and for people like this needs to be the capital puninshment enforced as he does not deserve to be in the world. If he so easily did this then he can very easily do it again and again and keep pleading 'MENTAL ILLNESS' to get off. I think the justice system is screwed up for even bringing in the fact that the guy has a mental illness as it is and never will be a excuse for what he done that night.!!!

aussie_angel24
08-05-2008, 08:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either you can't dissmiss a mental illness as, madmax put it "KNOWINGLY".

He may have KNOWINGLY did all this, but how is his sense of "KNOWING" compared to a person with normal brain function?

</div></div>

The fact is T-pot that he did know what he was doing...does not matter what frame of mind he was he still did it and he knew what he was doing very very KNOWINGLY...if you do not think that way talk to the people on the bus that seen it all...he knew every step he was doing just like a so called NORMAL person!!!

08-05-2008, 09:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibunnie64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For one Down Syndrome is not a mental illness. </div></div>I was about to state the same thing....

MelissaBrian
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read a story one time, that a child with down syndrom, was left in a car by himself, he was about 12. He put the car in reverse because he wanted to drive. The car backed over and killed a 3yr and his 7 year old sister.

Should this child be locked up for everyones well being? </div></div>

First of all it was an accitent..geeese

were talking about murder!!!

Madmax
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i agree he should be going to prison as he most certainly knew what he was doing and carried out this attack. There is no way you can tell me that he never for once knew what he was doing.

He brought a knife on to a bus, he sat in the front of the bus at first, he then decided to move to the rear of the bus, he knowingly sought out the victim who was asleep with head phones on.

Out of all the ppl on the bus to not have anyone sitting with them it was the victim .. back of the bus .. no ppl behind to help in any type of an attack.

He knew what he was doing as he stabbed him several times and once ppl saw what he was doing, he knowingly decided to prevent them from coming back into the bus ... decapitate the victim.

He knowingly tried to drive the bus away ... drive ... means thought process to do something knowingly.

When police arrived he knowingly decided to act more nuts and hack off some pieces and proceeded to eat some of them.

Come on ppl .... what a gross, disgusting, barfing .. unhuman .. sicko things .... he did ... and did knowingly.

</div></div>

Like i stated on page one (and I quoted myself Above for ppl to read again).

If i was the prosecutor in this case ... that which i stated above would be my strategy.

They can bring in and will bring in 1-5 psychiatric assessments and some will say fit to stand trial and others will state he is not fit to stand trial.

Well ppl he knew what he was doing, whether he looked like he was a savage beast from the caveman days ... does not matter .. he knew and had comprehension of the things he was doing.

He surrendered after hours of being in the bus to police .. knowingly he done wrong and must have felt the emotions of what he did and surrendered without any incident.

When he was in court he never said a word and had his head bowed down and when asked if he was using his right not to speak without a lawyer .. he nodded his head YES .... which means he knowingly knew what was going on in the court room.

Don't be fooled ppl by what some will state as a mental illness as in these types of cases .... YEAH ITS SICKO to do what he did ... but is he a mental case is the question? ....

The answer lies within him knowing what he did .... to not knowing what he did at the time he was doing this vicious act of violence.

I fully believe he knew what he was doing as he committed actions within the crime time that will lead many normal ppl to question any mental health issue that is brought up.

He acted in certain things normally prior to the killing and after the killing ..... now he also acted and carried out things normally while commiting the crime ... knowingly knowing what he was doing.

Sure maybe he is a shy person and unsocialble and a little unstable in decision making in his daily life .... but to have a knife and carry out such and act and portray himself in which he did while committing the act ... tells me ... he somewhat wanted to commit this act ... not just out the blue ... poof run to the back of the bus and kill and maime a person ... he walked to the back of the bus and sat beside the victim ..... he then decided to stab victim and well you know the rest of the story.

POINT BLANK &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING AND DECIDED TO DO IT.

Only other thing is ..... I FEAR .... is maybe he has done this before on other trips he went on, but this time he wanted to get caught (knowingly he done things wrong before) and he got caught by doing what he did in this crime ... AS he knowingly wanted to do so.

Thats what i think ..... and he should go away for the rest of his life.

MelissaBrian
08-05-2008, 10:24 AM
oops typo

SusyQ
08-05-2008, 10:30 AM
HE took his money or credit card out of his pocket too pay for his ticket. HE got on the right bus too head too his destination. HE handed the bus driver his ticket. HE purchased the knife that killed Tim. HE KNEW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING. I HOPE HE DIES A SLOW DEATH. Tim has NO CHANCE now does he.

MelissaBrian
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
you got it SusyQ

Simba
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree Madmax!

Limitations
08-05-2008, 11:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the guy was mentally ill. it had nothing to do with what he was watching on tv. he lost touch with reality cause he refused to get treatment for his mental illness and this is the end result. tv, music and video games are not to blame. </div></div>

He would have allowed himself to get to such a warped state of mind.

There is reason to think that visual and audio automation do have a lot of terrible influence in this world. Even awful books and other reading material can exert a lot of awful pressure.

A person does need to concern themselves within reason with how they handle the evil in this world and their choices.

sereenie
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HE took his money or credit card out of his pocket too pay for his ticket. HE got on the right bus too head too his destination. HE handed the bus driver his ticket. HE purchased the knife that killed Tim. HE KNEW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING. I HOPE HE DIES A SLOW DEATH. Tim has NO CHANCE now does he. </div></div>

U are so right.

photochick
08-05-2008, 11:44 AM
amen Suzy

Lance
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Lots of odd ones riding on those "Loser Cruisers" these days that for sure.

The Chronic Liar
08-05-2008, 11:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of odd ones riding on those "Loser Cruisers" these days that for sure. </div></div>

What do pontiac sunfires have to do with any of this?

Peety
08-05-2008, 12:09 PM
I bet his wife is a bit shocked..

08-05-2008, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of odd ones riding on those "Loser Cruisers" these days that for sure. </div></div>

What do pontiac sunfires have to do with any of this? </div></div> http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/not-funny/1/Funnay-IE_Error.jpg

MaO3
08-05-2008, 01:04 PM
I feel for the family of this young man, what a shock it must have been to find out that the victim of this vicious attack was thier son or brother.

I truly hope that those on the bus get some help, the trauma of seeing that situation would be devastating. All of the passengers will likely need counseling.

As for Li or whatever his name is, I don't really know what to say about him.

Babzz
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I joined a facebook group that is honoring Tim with candles at 7 pm tonight

The Chronic Liar
08-05-2008, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R B</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of odd ones riding on those "Loser Cruisers" these days that for sure. </div></div>

What do pontiac sunfires have to do with any of this? </div></div> http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/not-funny/1/Funnay-IE_Error.jpg </div></div>

i know what you drive now

b&aMom
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
It sure seems that a lot of people on this thread know an awful lot about mental illness. Do any of you have any credentials? Any family experience? Actually know anyone who is schizophrenic?

Personally, whether the guy is locked up in prison, or locked up in a mental institution, I don't really care, as long as he is removed from society, and removed from harming others. Is that not the ultimate goal, since the deceased young man cannot be brought back to life, and the murder reversed?

Bouffer
08-05-2008, 02:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well i agree he should be going to prison as he most certainly knew what he was doing and carried out this attack. There is no way you can tell me that he never for once knew what he was doing.

</div></div>

I totally agree with everything you are saying MadMax. B@$tard belongs in jail! I think in every murder case you can say that person has an mental illness.... Obviously no normal person would kill another and especially not chop of his god darn head, and go in for a taste! But that would just mean all killers are mentally ill.... thus excusing every one of them... Don't think so! He was never clinically diagnosed as a pschitzo, just some girl that knew him agreed that there was something wrong with him. I think we can all agree that he was obviously not in the right frame of mind... but if any killers were in the right frame of mind when they decided to kill, then we wouldn't ever hear of things like this happening! The guys a stupid jrk, and for any one trying to excuse it- think if it was your son?

MelissaBrian
08-05-2008, 03:42 PM
b&a mom....yup!

gouligann
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
b&a Mom, I agree. People who kill like this aren't in a normal frame of mind. Mental illness is hard to understand unless you know first hand how it can corrupt the brain into craziness.

I feel for the victim's family, but I also feel for the killer's family. They must alo be devastated what their son, brother, uncle, or father did to another human being.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Can this person be re-institutionalized into society? I have my doubts. He refused to take his meds and apparently this was the result. What is to stop him from refusing his meds again? and again, and again...etc... Just as a drunk person is responsible for getting drunk and getting behind the wheel (initiating the mind altercation and commiting the illegal act) so should a person refuses to take their meds (initiates the min altercation) and murders someone (commits the illegal act)

MaO3
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Mental illness or not this man should never be allowed to walk the streets again.

He will continue if he is indeed schizophrenic, to have issues with taking his medication in all probability.
IF there is any justice; he will be forced to remain in a secure custody mental hospital for the remainder of his natural life.

IF he is not schizophrenic, well, I cant' come up with a suitable punishment.

Larimar
08-05-2008, 05:47 PM
b&a I will have a 4 year psych degree in a few months if that counts 4 u.
It's my personal belief that no person can commit a crime that severe and not have something wrong mentally-(diagnosed or not). This man needs treatment (but I believe ALL ppl who commit gruesome acts need treatment) and in my opinion, he also needs to be locked up b.c of how dangerous he's shown himself to be.
I don't mind if that is in a criminal facility for the mentally ill, as long as he still is locked up there and under constant watch.

I would not want a man who is that much of a danger to others around other mentally ill folk who are innocent or havn't caused much trouble. I am unfamiliar with the places, so I don't know if there are seperate facilities for those with mental conditions and another facility for those with the same conditions but have committed murder/crimes.

I would hope that the innocent are not placed with the murderers, that would be scary. This is why I wanted him in prison. I want him under constant watch and never released, always getting treatment and not a risk to other people. If a facility can provide all that, i'd be happy. If not, I think Prison would be fine if he got treatment while there too. He did an unspeakable act, very unsettling..

The victims family still deserve peace of mind knowing that this person is not going to show up at their door-step.We can all be understanding about mental illness, but once th ecrime is commmited-one as gruesome as that, we also need to consider the feelings of the victims family. They not only need closure but they need to feel safe. I can't imagine the fear that is going through their minds along with the grief. I know for myself I would probably never sleep with the lights off again.

Macs II
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/23.gif

MaO3
08-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Well Mac's it appears thats what Li wants.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2008/08/05/6356116.html

'Please kill me': accused Greyhound killer says in court

b&aMom
08-05-2008, 07:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">b&a I will have a 4 year psych degree in a few months if that counts 4 u.</div></div>

Works for me. I just get ticked at people who may have absolutely no knowledge of mental illness playing psychologist or psychiatrist.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's my personal belief that no person can commit a crime that severe and not have something wrong mentally-(diagnosed or not). This man needs treatment (but I believe ALL ppl who commit gruesome acts need treatment) and in my opinion, he also needs to be locked up b.c of how dangerous he's shown himself to be.</div></div>

I believe the same, however I believe we are discussing a scale of severity, and that some people just ought to be in jail. Like men who off their wives instead of divorcing them (ie. Scooter Peterson), or guys who go off and find two couples, rape and murder all of them for kicks (a case in the US, if anyone is interested I think it was Kansas, victims white, perps two black brothers). I believe there are many behaviours that may be caused by mental illness that can be overcome to live a productive life. I also believe there are many learned behaviours, with absence of mental illness, that are equally heinous.

ps. I think that jail up behind the OPP station has a pysch area for people who receive "sentences" that are severely ill. I don't know which system that comes through, though, medical or justice.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 07:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well Mac's it appears thats what Li wants.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Canada/2008/08/05/6356116.html

'Please kill me': accused Greyhound killer says in court
</div></div>

then why is the court making him waste tax dollars? I'm against the death sentence, but if people feel they ought to be punished moreso, I say give'er go

08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: **Sereenie**</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HE took his money or credit card out of his pocket too pay for his ticket. HE got on the right bus too head too his destination. HE handed the bus driver his ticket. HE purchased the knife that killed Tim. HE KNEW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING. I HOPE HE DIES A SLOW DEATH. Tim has NO CHANCE now does he. </div></div>

U are so right.</div></div>

So schizophrenia is just like a headache then? Ask any doctor, people with this condition aren't right, and they don't know their actions.

Like I mentioned before, his "KNOWINGLY" is different then ours. So yeah, he KNOWINGLY did all of this, but his perception of reality is different than ours.

If he was a paranoid schizophrenic (I beg you to google it before you respond) he probably thought the kid was after him. People with that condition can mistake a sneeze for a assault. (Yet again GOOGLE IT BEFORE RESPONDING).

People with paranoid schizophrenia, believe people are out to get them,, to harm them, so of course he's going to be carrying weapons that he thinks will help him defend himself.

I'm not justifying the murder, it was gruesome and tragic, and he should get jail time. But for him to die a slow death or what not, because his brain isn't plugged in right, is wrong. If he was well, body mind and soul, then yeah burn him.

PleASE NOTE : GOOGLE PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIA before responding.

Ps. I know down syndrome isn't a mental illness that was a bad comparison, but the whole "not knowing their actions" was my main intent.

Madmax
08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew

LMAO .....

He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew

Madmax
08-05-2008, 07:44 PM
So i say if he wants death ... then pull him outside the court room and plug him with a firing squad.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew

LMAO .....

He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew He knew, He Knew, He Knew </div></div>

What did he know? I think is really what T-pot is getting at...

Madmax
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What did he know? I think is really what T-pot is getting at...</div></div>

Well i already posted that info .... you not read like a few others????

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Larimar
08-05-2008, 08:08 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/080805/canada/canada_crime_court

some bits of new info there..

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

no you didn't /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
all you did was post "He knew, he knew" a bunch of times.
please point out where you said this

Madmax
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

please point out where you said this</div></div>

OMG ... read the thread i posted TWICE prior to all that.

Madmax
08-05-2008, 08:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

some bits of new info there..</div></div>

Thats sick what he did and you know after reading that info about what he did .... i feel so bad for the family as they can not even have a decent funeral cause of this ... SOB.

MY GOD what sick sob would do what he did and he knowingly did so.. i say FK him ..... burn him at the stake now .. not after any stupid evaluation.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

please point out where you said this</div></div>

OMG ... read the thread i posted TWICE prior to all that. </div></div>

you outlined alot of what he did, and lots of speculation on what he knew he was thinking.
maybe he moved to the back of the bus because the bus driver scared him... or he felt safer where no one could sneak up on him... after gaining a little more insight on this disease I can see some people's points on this. You don't know what he was thinking, and there is a good chance that neither does he anymore.
I still think he should be punished, as it was him that decided not to take the medication in the first place, but I wonder shouldn't he have been in someone's care?

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 08:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

some bits of new info there..</div></div>

Thats sick what he did and you know after reading that info about what he did .... i feel so bad for the family as they can not even have a decent funeral cause of this ... SOB.

MY GOD what sick sob would do what he did and he knowingly did so.. i say FK him ..... burn him at the stake now .. not after any stupid evaluation.

</div></div>

someone's been playing detective in his mother's basement....

Madmax
08-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Nahhhhhhh he knew, you watch it will all come out in the news.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 08:32 PM
are you psycic??
how do you "know"?

Madmax
08-05-2008, 08:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you psycic??
how do you "know"?
</div></div>

I always know these things will all wash out in the news.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 08:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you psycic??
how do you "know"?
</div></div>

I always know these things will all wash out in the news. </div></div>

so why do we have pesky things like the police, and lawyers and crime scene investigators...
Just put MadMax to the job, he always knows these things! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Madmax
08-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Yep as i would convict him without a jury and send him to the gallows like he wants.

haha
08-05-2008, 08:58 PM
sad thing is now, this guy lives off our dime for the rest of his life.

dancingqueen
08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
It is sad... but, there are so many other people living off our dime in Canada it really does not matter much

haha
08-05-2008, 09:23 PM
so true DQ, so true

bluekrissyspikes
08-05-2008, 10:35 PM
i think he'll end up getting some jail time anyways. mentally ill or not. there's a psych ward in the jail and dangerous offenders belong in places like that. they can get him on proper medications in there. it is hard to get someone like that to stay on their medication but they have an injection now to help treat schizophrenia(someone i know is on this) that apparently works better than the pills anyhow. what a sick thing to have to remember for all of his life. even if he does get better on medication he will never be normal because he will always be haunted by what he's done.

Giggle Squirt
08-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Honestly what is the thought pattern that a person has to go though to just reach over and stab someone to death and then cut their head off???? I just can't fathom the idea of ever doing that. I mean it sounds like a horror movie.

Super Gram
08-05-2008, 10:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hazel_eyed_bella</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Either you can't dissmiss a mental illness as, madmax put it "KNOWINGLY".

</div></div>

The fact is T-pot that he did know what he was doing...does not matter what frame of mind he was he still did it and he knew what he was doing very very KNOWINGLY...if you do not think that way talk to the people on the bus that seen it all...he knew every step he was doing just like a so called NORMAL person!!! </div></div>

The question is knowing or not knowing is judged not by the way he was thinking before the crime but was he insane during the crime and thats what they will find out.Now he is asking to be killed so he knows what he is saying probably. But the question was how was his brain while he commited the crime

sereenie
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
IMO .. who cares if hes mentally ill.
What does it matter if he knowingly was going to do it
Or if he didnt... He still frigging did it, The mental Card is played wayyy to much. Anyone can act mentally unstable.
Like Give him some meds , Throw him in jail with the rest of those cold hearted killer that dont give a Damn what they cuased other familys,the only diffrence between someone mental is, * o Im mental I have a Excuse for killing someone * When it comes down to it they all killed someone Who was Somebodys someone...

Super Gram
08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">b&a I will have a 4 year psych degree in a few months if that counts 4 u.
It's my personal belief that no person can commit a crime that severe and not have something wrong mentally-(diagnosed or not). This man needs treatment (but I believe ALL ppl who commit gruesome acts need treatment) and in my opinion, he also needs to be locked up b.c of how dangerous he's shown himself to be.
I don't mind if that is in a criminal facility for the mentally ill, as long as he still is locked up there and under constant watch.

I would not want a man who is that much of a danger to others around other mentally ill folk who are innocent or havn't caused much trouble. I am unfamiliar with the places, so I don't know if there are seperate facilities for those with mental conditions and another facility for those with the same conditions but have committed murder/crimes.

I would hope that the innocent are not placed with the murderers, that would be scary. This is why I wanted him in prison. I want him under constant watch and never released, always getting treatment and not a risk to other people. If a facility can provide all that, i'd be happy. If not, I think Prison would be fine if he got treatment while there too. He did an unspeakable act, very unsettling..

The victims family still deserve peace of mind knowing that this person is not going to show up at their door-step.We can all be understanding about mental illness, but once th ecrime is commmited-one as gruesome as that, we also need to consider the feelings of the victims family. They not only need closure but they need to feel safe. I can't imagine the fear that is going through their minds along with the grief. I know for myself I would probably never sleep with the lights off again.

</div></div>

I agree with you. I don't have a phyic degree but I do have a small mental illness of which I take drugs. If I am taken off said drugs. I must go into Riverview to have them changed. I met one such person who didn't think she was sick. She wasn't violent (or she would not have been there). She wanted to be taken off the drugs she was on. When she was taken off they had a person escort her home to southern, ON to the arms of her mother so they wouldn't be responsible for her actions any longer.

Saying that you can depend he will be kept where he will be safe and not be around normal people.

Huggy85
08-05-2008, 11:08 PM
There is no hope of rehabilitation for this guy; no amount of psychiatry will help. This is where the death penalty would really come in handy.

sereenie
08-05-2008, 11:13 PM
why give him the death penatly when he can enjoy three mealsa day ,showers,and a bed...

08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
NO doubt that he should be locked away. No doubt he should be kept from harming other people.

My soul argument is, you people are ignorant to the fact of his disease. Like i said, this should not go unpunished. What tweaks me, is when you all say "HE KNEW" what he was doing.

The murder aside, all "PROBABLY" knew was, the people were out to get him.

The human brain is the most complex thing any person can deal with, we don't know what was going through his head.

They should send him back to China and let them deal with him.

numbnuts
08-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Maybe that Stacy girl that was sitting with Li gave him some X and suggested he should do what he did. Perhaps Tim and Stacy had a history, since they did work together and hung out together. Must have been a reason why they weren't sitting together on the bus. JMO

Stingray
08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
I think they should've just shot li on site. Now, they should just let him kill himself. It would save a lot of grief and a lot of tax dollars rather than keeping him alive and costing canadians thousands to support his needs when he isn't even from Canada. Just kill the b@stad.

Bouffer
08-07-2008, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: **Sereenie**</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO .. who cares if hes mentally ill.
What does it matter if he knowingly was going to do it
Or if he didnt... He still frigging did it, The mental Card is played wayyy to much. Anyone can act mentally unstable.
Like Give him some meds , Throw him in jail with the rest of those cold hearted killer that dont give a Damn what they cuased other familys,the only diffrence between someone mental is, * o Im mental I have a Excuse for killing someone * When it comes down to it they all killed someone Who was Somebodys someone...</div></div>

SOOOOOO TRUE!

J*B
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
The government will spend a million dollars on him before he is through, and nothing about him will likely change..

haha
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
and nothing will bring that kid back for his family

b&aMom
08-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Ya'll heard of Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church? They're the nutjobs that picket at American soldiers' funerals. Well, guess who plans on entering Canada and protesting at young Mr. McLean's funeral.

link to CTV story (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080807/funeral_protest_080807/20080807?hub=TopStories)

bluekrissyspikes
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
protesting at a funeral? how tasteless. i hope one of them gets tazed.

SusyQ
08-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Who the HELL do they think they are!

Bull$hit too them and their group.

Stop them at the damn BORDER!

dancingqueen
08-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I think this church group is now at a point that they want their attention at whatever costs... It's like they are trying to piss people off. It won't take much before they bite off more than they can chew, some or all may end up dead if they do not watch out. I will absolutly be at their graves pissing on them /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Madmax
08-07-2008, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the HELL do they think they are!

</div></div>

SHOOT them at the damn BORDER!

GenX
08-07-2008, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the HELL do they think they are!

</div></div>

You guys sound so 'American' when reality hits home /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool_shades.gif

moochie
08-07-2008, 09:21 PM
CHURCHES? who needs them churches are evil

Macs II
08-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Here are the weirdos (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Mta3zdavM&feature=related)

part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPB1q77Has4&feature=related)

part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2vlELfmnc&feature=related)

moochie
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
im sure these guys like SLAYER lol

moochie
08-07-2008, 09:26 PM
God doesnt hate the world, its the people on it that cause all the problems. this bunch of people are stupid fanatics looking for attention, who are they to judge anyone really?

Macs II
08-07-2008, 09:32 PM
and PETA is just as ridiculous

haha
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
eat a pita

moochie
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM
God didnt cause homosexuals it was a CHOICE the people made to step into that terrain, for Gods sake, they are making songs about making out woman to woman sheesh i like it but i dont think its proper and the way it was meant to be

Barry Morris
08-07-2008, 09:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who the HELL do they think they are!

</div></div>

You guys sound so 'American' when reality hits home /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool_shades.gif </div></div>

Violent, eh??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Stingray
08-07-2008, 10:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya'll heard of Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church? They're the nutjobs that picket at American soldiers' funerals. Well, guess who plans on entering Canada and protesting at young Mr. McLean's funeral.

link to CTV story (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080807/funeral_protest_080807/20080807?hub=TopStories) </div></div>
They shouldn't let them in to Canada

They're all INBRED I tell ya!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Larimar
08-07-2008, 11:25 PM
This protest is so sad...These ppl need to be ..locked up or something..nuts.

moochie
08-07-2008, 11:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This protest is so sad...These ppl need to be ..locked up or something..nuts. </div></div>

sad thing though, this is free country theyll be let in /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Madmax
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I telling ya like i post, some one should.

moochie
08-07-2008, 11:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

den we wouldnt be a free country but a dictatorship

Macs II
08-07-2008, 11:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockarolla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

den we wouldnt be a free country but a dictatorship </div></div>

Listen to the militant midget /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Larimar
08-08-2008, 12:21 AM
We actually aren't the same as the USA when it comes to 'freedom' of speech. There's a chance they will get arrrested if they break any of the canadian censorships we have with the laws or human rights commision.

Macs II
08-08-2008, 12:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We actually aren't the same as the USA when it comes to 'freedom' of speech. There's a chance they will get arrrested if they break any of the canadian censorships we have with the laws or human rights commision. </div></div>

we have freedom of speech..just like they do and most of the free world.....just because it's not allowed here (soonet) doesnt mean it don't exists

Larimar
08-08-2008, 12:32 AM
The laws of Canadian freedom of speech and USA's are different when it comes to the censorships that come into play here.

Macs II
08-08-2008, 12:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The laws of Canadian freedom of speech and USA's are different when it comes to the censorships that come into play here. </div></div>

care to explain how?

Larimar
08-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Read the limitation clause our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms has maybe?.

Larimar
08-08-2008, 12:47 AM
Comparison with other human rights instruments
As constitutional scholar Peter Hogg remarked, the notwithstanding clause "seems to be a uniquely Canadian invention." There is no such device, for example, in the United States Bill of Rights. However, the concept of the notwithstanding clause was not created with the Charter. The presence of the clause makes the Charter similar to the Canadian Bill of Rights (1960), -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_Thirty-three_of_the_Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedo ms

That's just one of the differences, so these nutjobs can come here , and if they don't know their boundaries-which I hope they don't...we can shut them up..and I hope someone does..just sayin..

I love Canada's rights..but they are a bit diff.

Macs II
08-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Canada sucks ...U.S rules http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/amerflag.gif

Larimar
08-08-2008, 01:35 AM
lol, didn't see that coming.

moochie
08-08-2008, 01:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockarolla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

den we wouldnt be a free country but a dictatorship </div></div>

Listen to the militant midget /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

Macsy i think i saw you somewhere before, maybe walking down wellington east???

moochie
08-08-2008, 01:48 AM
yes SooNet here is definitely not free speech as much as they say it is, im a perfect example of dat and i always thought the states was more open lawfully in certain areas.

BlueSky
08-08-2008, 07:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamspirit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The laws of Canadian freedom of speech and USA's are different when it comes to the censorships that come into play here. </div></div>

care to explain how? </div></div>

Easy.
If they hold up banners that say, "God hates [censored]", they can be arrested in Canada for hate crime. In the U.S. they would not be arrested.

b&aMom
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
If we're lucky, they'll be turned around at the border because of the hate crime law, and their past history. Wouldn't be the first time it happened to someone trying to enter the country spouting evil crap.

MaO3
08-08-2008, 08:56 AM
We can only hope! I think that people who spew that kind of garbage at funerals should be kept in thier own dammm country. We have NO need for them and thier distorted ideals.
Most expecially at the funeral of an innocent victim like young Mr. McLean.

tippikitty
08-08-2008, 10:15 AM
Unfreakingbelieveable! That is absolutely disgusting!!!

It really does amaze me how many whack jobs are really out there. I think that women is the one who needs the phys evaluation.

Babzz
08-08-2008, 10:51 AM
disrespectful idiots!!!!

Bouffer
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockarolla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">God didnt cause homosexuals it was a CHOICE the people made to step into that terrain, for Gods sake, they are making songs about making out woman to woman sheesh i like it but i dont think its proper and the way it was meant to be </div></div>

How ignorant are you? God DID create homosexuals. It WAS NOT a CHOICE. DO you honestly think gay people enjoy being made fun of and insulted every day of their life over a CHOICE? Nopers..... perhaps you should read up on homosexuality before you say things like that.

tippikitty
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rockarolla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> they are making songs about making out woman to woman sheesh i like it but i dont think its proper and the way it was meant to be </div></div>

God I love that song!

mercifulpenguin
08-08-2008, 11:46 AM
so wait
was mclean gay or something?
i'm not going thru 9 pages

b&aMom
08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Unknown, but there has been no reference to him being gay. This mouthpiece woman stated it was due to Canada's "moral decay", which I take to mean they don't like the fact that gay marriage is allowed in Canada. Too bad, so sad. Stay home and fook up your own country. Leave ours alone, and this young man, his family, friends and funeral, too.

b&aMom
08-08-2008, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Canadian border guards are under orders to prevent members of a fundamentalist American church from crossing into Canada to protest at the funeral Saturday of a Winnipeg man brutally killed on a Greyhound bus last week.</div></div>
yeeeeeeaaaah (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/08/08/westboro-protest.html)

tippikitty
08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
I should freaking hope so! I'm still shocked (although I shouldn't be) that there are people out there like this.

Know wonder I don't like people. I'll stick to the animal species.

B.David
08-08-2008, 12:10 PM
I'll have a smile on my face when I read an article that tells of how the entire family from the church is slayed brutally, or burned alive.

b&aMom
08-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Hasn't happened yet, and there have been bikers that started guarding the military funerals they've been protesting in the States. Maybe that's why they're moving on to us. Whackjobs. You'd think some patriotic, gun-toting American would have taken them out by now.

SusyQ
08-08-2008, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Canadian border guards are under orders to prevent members of a fundamentalist American church from crossing into Canada to protest at the funeral Saturday of a Winnipeg man brutally killed on a Greyhound bus last week.</div></div>
yeeeeeeaaaah (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/08/08/westboro-protest.html)

</div></div>

Thankyou GOD!