PDA

View Full Version : need help with satillte

xXx
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
I hooked up a satelittle for FTA and I am trying to get the FTA dish to pick up the FTA channels and I am having trouble, wondering if anyone can help me get it working. Thanks

GRUMPY
08-18-2008, 06:37 AM
First you have to find out where the satellite is located in the sky for the channel you want to watch. Actually its not worth the money nor the work as every time you want to change channels you have to move your dish from satellite to satellite.

J*B
08-18-2008, 08:58 AM
You need a motorized dish for fta channels as the non encrypted channels are scattered all over different satellites.

smokey_canada
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
why do you need a motorized dish? unless you have a hi-def reciever or want the ethnic channels. Otherwise two dishes or a triple lnb dish. Tho I personally want a motorized dish myself between the four sat I get it's way more then enough but tropicalgirl pm if you need help still or have questions.

Nikki
08-25-2008, 07:44 PM
You can get FTA with one dish and one lnb if you want. what you would have to do is point the dish in the direction of the satalite that you want to connect to until you get a signal. Where it be 91, 117 or 118. If you had 3 LNB's you would be able to get all 3 of those satalites but with one lnb just find the one you want. then once it shows that your connected to the satalite then download the channels and then the patch and load it up.

J*B
08-25-2008, 08:59 PM
"I am trying to get the FTA dish to pick up the FTA channels"

Not sure now if true fta ch's were in mind here or bell or dishnet channels.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif