PDA

View Full Version : Skinny jeans?

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Does anyone know where I can get skinny jeans for a 4 yr old? I so wish we had an old navy here!!!

vixen
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
did you really just ask that? do you mean straight leg?

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Yes I did just ask that and no I don't mean straight leg. I need to find skinny jeans.

AngelOnHigh
08-06-2008, 07:12 PM
zellers should have them (sister store target has them) check them out... my daughter has tonnes of them.

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks Angel, I only have one pair and school is starting so I need to grab some more.

Quick Slice
08-06-2008, 07:17 PM
what the heck are "skinney-jeans"/? lol

AngelOnHigh
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
They are a more form fit jean... slim fit... very cute on kids... my daughter is skinny and regular jeans are just tooo huge for her.

This year I don't have to get school clothes... This year she gets to wear uniforms. The school she goes to voted last year and uniforms won! I am glad though... there are some cute unis out there! But so far, I am at 300.00!!! and I am not done. Ughh!

Quick Slice
08-06-2008, 07:24 PM
lol, ah, i see... I was gonna say, go one size smaller. lol

It's funny, i have kids, and I have no idea what they are. lol

Quick Slice
08-06-2008, 07:24 PM
is that a high-school?

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
My daughter is thin too and its impossible to find jeans that fit other than skinny jeans. By the time they fit her legs and waist they're about 2 inches to short. She's tall and thin. I know most stores don't carry them regularly, I don't go to Zellers often but I'm going to have to check it out. If anyone else knows of any other places let me know. Walmart doesn't carry much for kids clothing here.

AngelOnHigh
08-06-2008, 07:33 PM
an alternative to skinny jeans... anything that has the select a size waist band... lol Almost all my daughters clothes (including the skinny jeans) have elastics and buttons inside the waist band to make them smaller. without that, we would be in deep trouble... lol.

BrAt
08-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Sears sells them for sure.

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I look for the same thing, but a lot of the times they still fall off and she gets plumber bum lol

AngelOnHigh
08-06-2008, 07:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quick Slice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that a high-school? </div></div>

nope elementary school. they are trying to even out the playing field with the kids and stop gang stuff by making all schools here uniform schools. my daughter is lucky, she goes to one of the best schools in the city and gangs are not there... but this is a way to keep them out.

AngelOnHigh
08-06-2008, 07:36 PM
lmao lizzard! i think my daughter might be the same as yours! I hate it when her butt is showing... and it shows ALL the time! lol... clothes just dont fit her all that well. Thankfully most of the uniforms that i bought her are jumpers! I only got her two pairs of pants... I know as winter comes closer I will have to get more pants... but jumpers fit her perfectly! lol.

EyelashExtensions
08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

goodasgold
08-06-2008, 09:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angel On High</div><div class="ubbcode-body">an alternative to skinny jeans... anything that has the select a size waist band... lol Almost all my daughters clothes (including the skinny jeans) have elastics and buttons inside the waist band to make them smaller. without that, we would be in deep trouble... lol. </div></div>

I absolutely LOVE the adjustable bands in kids pants. They have saved my poor fingers from hand sewing. My oldest is 10, but weighs only 55lbs, my 5 yr old weighs 40 and my 2 1/2 year old weighs only 24lbs. When I first found adjustable pants I was thrilled. For once my kids could have pants that fit the length without falling off. I'm sure Please Mum will be open before school starts. Otherwise, I've seen them at Sears.

J*B
08-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Skinny jeans: Ones that you almost have to jump off of a step ladder to get in to.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

SusyQ
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Lizzardskills I'm heading too TO if you give me the money size etc I can get them for you.

hp2
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Liz.. Ill go through des drawers tommorrow I know she has some that are to small now for her and I know what you mean skinny jeans.. actually I just foulded a pair from old navey.. SO if you come home and thers a bag of jeans on your doorstep I LEFT THEM........

Ill be by the next few days.. I feel bad I have a younger neice but shes now the same size as De... so I dont get to pass them on other then the mj's box... so Ill go through her dresser tommorrow for ya...

p.s I know some have the select a waist to.... but she must have 40 pairs of jeans in there... between my mom, my sister in law and my other sister in law and myself SHES ALWAYS GETTING CLOTHS.... LMAO typical girl

SusyQ
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
hp2 you rock.

Madmax
08-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Fatten that poor girl up and buy her some regular fit.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

By the way try Sears, Zellars, WalMart for slim fit.

hp2
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
they dont make them around here.. like old navey fits... they got a little little but... more fitting around the waist.. etc etc.. they are hard to find here..

Madmax
08-06-2008, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they dont make them around here.. like old navey fits... they got a little little but... more fitting around the waist.. etc etc.. they are hard to find here..</div></div>

Hmm did ya call around across the river at places over there?

hp2
08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Trust me... MY daugther is 7 have been dealing with this since she was 4 and she eats like a horse... and is soooooooooo skinny scronny its not even funny.. theres lots of times someone buys her pants and I have to return them cause they are to big... as they figure she is a typical 7 yr old...... she is 7 and wears a belt everyday if that tells you anything... and has for the last 3 yrs.

Jackie B
08-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I have one husky girl and one petite girl, and it's hard to buy pants for them. I found that J.C.Penny sells slim fit and husky fit clothes. This was a store down in Troy Michigan, but I wonder if the one in Sault Michigan would sell them aswell.

Babzz
08-06-2008, 10:42 PM
I have problems finding pants for my little man too..
He is a bit chubby and on the short side.. It is frustrating trying to find something he will wear. Extremely picky too about texture and fit of clothing

08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Does he perfer something shiny, silky with sequins? jk /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Babzz
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
nope..
track pants are more his style

Madmax
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Track Pants ... well .... lets see you say he Chubby ... hmm Track Pants = Work Out = Running = Lose weight = more of a chnace to buy smaller pants/jeans for him..... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Peety
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
My little one is tiny..I am running in to the same problem.
tops fit great bottoms are to big.

bluekrissyspikes
08-06-2008, 11:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Babzz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have problems finding pants for my little man too..
He is a bit chubby and on the short side.. It is frustrating trying to find something he will wear. Extremely picky too about texture and fit of clothing </div></div>

sears makes 'husky' fit. i've bought these for my nephew they are the only kind that fits him properly. most of the time he wears sweats or stuff that doesn't fit cause his mom won't spend the extra $5 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Babzz
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I will check that out..
thanks /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I hate it when he dresses sloppy looking

Larimar
08-07-2008, 12:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quick Slice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, ah, i see... I was gonna say, go one size smaller. lol

It's funny, i have kids, and I have no idea what they are. lol </div></div>
lol it's just a style. On adults it's for people with really skinny long legs-so tall girls...you can be skinny legged but short and look horriiible wearing them. I don't know what they are like for children though, never heard of that lol.

EyelashExtensions
08-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks hp2!!! Still have the sweater you gave her and it still fits lol.

Max....
My daughter is 4 and just weighs 35 pounds but she's tall and doesn't stop eating!!! She is also extremely active, she doesn't stop moving from the time she gets up till she finally crashes at night. I wish she would gain some weight but I just don't see it happening any time soon. She's a burst of ongoing energy! Her favorite words are "I'm hungry" all day long!!!

jennyt
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
JC Penny in soo Mi carries slim fit jeans. I go through the same thing with my daughter.

**Owens Mommy**
08-07-2008, 08:41 AM
See Lizzard...this calls for a weekend shopping excursion...I need to get some school clothes for my kiddo too....or a day trip to Sudz....think on it...I'm in

Chaotic Chick
08-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I have to buy my 9 year old son jeans that have the adjustable waist in them because I cannot find any that will not just fall off him. He eats more than any adult I know but is so skinny (we even call him "Skinny"). He hates belts because they are uncomfortable for him and finding slim fit jeans for him is almost impossible!

Intangible
08-07-2008, 11:58 AM
I have ordered lots of things from oldnavy.com. They even have free return postage if something doesn't fit.

Sue Pasternak
08-07-2008, 12:05 PM
JC Penny across the river, they have slim fit jeans and clothing. I have a stick child too!!!

EyelashExtensions
08-07-2008, 12:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intangible</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have ordered lots of things from oldnavy.com. They even have free return postage if something doesn't fit. </div></div>

Do you pick them up across the river? I read that Old Navy won't ship to Canada. There is supposed to be a site that you can use to ship stuff too and they forward it to your Canadian address but I can't remember the name of the site and it's driving me crazy!

moochie
08-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Lizzardskills is hot

Intangible
08-07-2008, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardskills</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Intangible</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have ordered lots of things from oldnavy.com. They even have free return postage if something doesn't fit. </div></div>

Do you pick them up across the river? I read that Old Navy won't ship to Canada. There is supposed to be a site that you can use to ship stuff too and they forward it to your Canadian address but I can't remember the name of the site and it's driving me crazy! </div></div>

I don't know about that site, but what I had to do is have it shipped to Wier's. The catch with the oldnavy.com site is that you have to have an American shipping AND billing address. Since you live in Canada, you have to call your credit card company and tell them to add Wier's address to your account. That way, you can order without any hassles.

The great thing about the website is that there are lots of items that aren't available in all the stores. You can only get them online.

Giggle Squirt
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
I buy my son slim fit accross the river at walmart. I got a bunch of pairs on sale for 10 bucks. I saw some at sears but i can't spend 40 dollars on a pair of pants for a 5 year old. i don't care how cute they are... LOL.. I find that some jeans with the adjustable waste are to bulky when you tighten them up enough...

GenX
08-08-2008, 08:12 AM

Xzavia
08-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Dam....we just came back from there, coulda grabbed some for you.

And yes, someone mentioned WallyMart across the ditch, they had them a few weeks ago when I was in there.