PDA

View Full Version : Olympics Off to Bad Start

GenX
08-09-2008, 10:04 AM
" Two family members of a coach for a U.S. Olympic volleyball team were attacked by a knife-wielding Chinese man at a tourist site in Beijing on Saturday, leaving one dead and the other seriously injured.

The U.S. Olympic Committee identified the two Americans as family members of a coach for the U.S. Olympic Men's Indoor Volleyball Team.

"The two family members were stabbed during an attack by what local law enforcement authorities have indicated was a lone assailant. One of the family members was killed and the other seriously injured," the committee said in a statement.

The attack occurred as the Americans were visiting the historic Drum Tower, a tourist site in central Beijing."

LINK (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92EO9500&show_article=1&catnum=0)

lynys
08-09-2008, 10:10 AM
That really is a shame.

Barney Rubble
08-09-2008, 12:00 PM
i hope this thread doesn't get political ...ie: dislike towards Americans!

it's sad BUT, at least, Chinese law is alot harsher than North American laws if this jerk is caught!

skibunnie64
08-09-2008, 12:01 PM
I thought I heard on the news this morning that he committed suicide...unless i heard wrong.

Lance
08-09-2008, 12:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skibunnie64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I heard on the news this morning that he committed suicide...unless i heard wrong. </div></div>

Thats what I heard. He might as well commit suicide,China is not like Canada.

There will not be a 2 year long ex$pen$ive trial with chance of parole in 6-10 year after the person is so called rehabilitated.

Killing yourself in China saves the state the over night holding cell and 3 cent bullet for the firing squad the NEXT day,with the guarantee the person will never do it again.

Andre
08-09-2008, 12:26 PM
According to CNN:
"The man also injured a female Chinese tour guide before leaping to his death around noon from the second floor of the Drum Tower"

J*B
08-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Too bad the bus murderer didn't meet the same type fate..

GenX
08-09-2008, 02:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i hope this thread doesn't get political ...ie: dislike towards Americans!

it's sad BUT, at least, Chinese law is alot harsher than North American laws if this jerk is caught! </div></div>

They are pretty sure it was a random act, as the Americans had no clothes or other things that would let one know where they were from.

The chances of it being a relative of an Olympic coach must have been minuscule.