PDA

View Full Version : UTI?

Bouffer
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Can you please explain to me what symptoms you have if you have a UTI? Everyone keeps saying the same things but i don't know if its the same symptoms i have. I held my pee for 7 hours yesterday and after i pee'd it kinda hurt. I didnt think anything of it because its done that before. but today it just sort of hit me right after i went pee in the morning, and its a burning/pain feeling. Nothing that hurts really bad or anything, just sort of uncomfortable. What do you do if you have one? Other than the obvious going to a doctor thing.....

kitca
08-11-2008, 05:21 PM
when i get them they are quite painful. feels like your giving birth through the peehole ! need to go, but nothing comes out and then more burning and pain.

they say to drink lots of fluids, water and that cranberry juice has an acid that inhibits the growth of the bacteria. you can take cranberry pills with more cranberry acids than you could ever get from juice. however, if you do have an infection i think antibiotics are the only thing going to clear it up. i had a doctor tell me i could cause serious scaring and damage by trying natural healing.

sometimes i feel one coming on, and it symptoms like what you describe, uncomfortable, but not really bad. it may or may not so up as an infection at that point, and that is where drinking lots of fluids and the cranberry can help. but if it doesnt go away or gets worse, go see your doc. if it is really painful there is a pill you can get, spelled - i dont know - but pronounced sort of like pyradin, that turns your pee bright orange and takes all the pain away.

Chaotic Chick
08-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Kitca, the pill is pyridium and it works WONDERS! I have taken it for kidney stones/infections and bladder infections. It takes away the pain until the anti-biotics do their work.

Everyone experiences different degrees of pain, burning, etc with a UTI. My pain is usually severe because of multiple surgeries, but my daughter merely feels mild discomfort. If you think you have a UTI, see a doctor!

Simba
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
I went across the river and picked up some AZO Standard. It's for the relief of urinary pain to get you through til you get to the doctor. There are 30 tablets for $5.97. I don't understand why we can't buy stuff like that over the counter here.

Chaotic Chick
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow, you can buy that OTC there? Then again, you can buy Naproxen OTC across the river too. I had to beg a doctor at the ER to prescribe me Pyridium, which is the SAME thing as AZO when I had two stents and was awaiting more surgery. If I had known I could get it across the river I wouldn't have done that lol.

Simba
08-11-2008, 11:54 PM
lol I didn't know either. I asked at our Walmart if there was anything over the counter for UTI pain and the pharmacist said to go across the river to the Walmart there. You can get lots of stuff over there that we can't here. Sad really.

kitca
08-12-2008, 10:27 PM
wow, i didnt know it was the same thing and available otc. that pill is an absolute lifesaver!

Bouffer
08-13-2008, 12:38 AM
See the thing is that i have no coverage for anything, thats why im trying to avoid the whole doctor thing because i simply don't have any money right now to pay for anything, and my luck its going to be something pretty expensive. It hasn't gotten any worse or any better. It doesn't hurt and no discomfort at all in my bladder... just feel like i gotta pee, kinda a burning feeling in my. And every time i go pee, i pee and it almost feels better. Where can i find the cranberry pills? And can i buy something across the river over the counter that would clear up the UTI? I'm still not even sure if it is a UTI or just in the beginning stages of it. Its only been 2 days of discomfort, maybe by tomorrow it'll feel a bit better. A lot of people have been saying that it can clear up on its own if you drink as much water as you can and to take those cranberry pills/ juice. Is this true?

Chaotic Chick
08-13-2008, 07:15 AM
In my experience (and I have had probably well over 100 UTI's, and 38 kidney stones) the cranberry juice/pills only help alleviate the discomfort. But you will still have a UTI, and it can turn into a kidney infection and that is VERY serious. So, you can try the cranberry pills, etc but if it is not cleared up after a couple of more days, you really need to see a doctor. It might cost 20 bucks at the most for anti-biotics.

Bouffer
08-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I have been taking the cranberry pills and drinking lots and lots of water, its been feeling great.....But this morning i ended up in emerge at 3am- was there until 730am. Had the worst pain of my life on my left side, beside my spine-ish, about 3 or 4 inches from my rib cage. I have a very high tolerance for pain and My god.... this was the worst... i think i would have rather chopped off my hand or something. But i have blood in my urine, and of course no more pain. Because im close to my period , the doctor thinks that it could be a cyst ( for some reason) and he sent me home with a prescription for Septra (antibiotic) because i told him about the burning pee problem. I'm scared this pain is going to happen again... Right now it is just tender but no more pain, i only had pain for about 30 minutes and it went away, didn't come back when i was at the hospital. The pain came out of no where because i didnt have any discomfort or anything in my back the past few days. Any body have any ideas of what it could be. My blood work showed nothing... my mom is still convinced its a kidney stone, i think i am too.... Has anyone had this pain with a UTI?

Chaotic Chick
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
OMG, it sounds like a kidney stone... I have had 38... it is worse than being in labour. It is the worst pain EVER!

nightingale
08-15-2008, 01:42 AM
yes, it really does sound like a kidney stone, and CC is right about the pain! I'm not sure why the doc didn't send you for an ultrasound or a CT scan whether he thought it was cyst or possibly a kidney stone. But anyway, if it is just an infection, you'll be feeling better within a day or two. If it is a kidney stone, that pain will come back even with the antibiotic. Go right back to emerge and they will give you pain meds - likely IV morphine. Good Luck!

Chaotic Chick
08-15-2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah, when I get a stone I am usually put on IV Morphine, kept overnight for an ultrasound or CT scan. I would get a second opinion.

Bouffer
08-15-2008, 08:49 AM
No pain as of yet.... a little discomfort on my right side still.... but lower. I hope i do not get that pain again! And believe me, i was at emerge within 5 minutes of feeling that pain.... that pain is just not right! And OMG CC you had 38 stones? You must be a champ to get through that!

tammywillow
08-17-2008, 10:57 PM
if there is burning and pain could it be yeast infection ?

Bouffer
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM
oh no, this far worse than a yeast infection, no itch. Its clearing up now, but i still have blood in my pee when i test it with the pee strips... Hopefully its almost gone.