PDA

View Full Version : Portabello mushrooms stuffed w lobster and shrimp

heintzman
08-17-2008, 02:42 AM
for each person that you are serving , you need one medium size portabello mushroom
bunch of raw shrimp,, cleaned and devained
bunch of lobster(we used immitation crab)
1 clove garlic
some butter
mozzerella cheese, grated
parmesan cheese, grated

clean mushrooms and take the stems and gills out,, scoop them out gently with a spoon,,
chop stems finely
hear butter in pan
add crushed garlic, warm to infuse flavour
add chopped mushroom stems,,cook gently,,, til almost done,,, add shrimp,,, cook until almost pink,,,add already cooked lobster or alternative ,,, you just need to warm this

scoop on top of portabello mushroom caps,, add cheese,, salt and pepper to taste,, put in 350 degree oven for about 12 min. until cheese is melted and slightly browned!! ENJOY!

mags
08-17-2008, 08:03 AM
sounds yummy!

J*B
08-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Mouthwatering yummy!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

kitca
08-17-2008, 09:32 PM
mmmm, sounds reallly good. i just had shrimp stuffs mush caps at boston pizza, they were ok, but these ones of yours sound delish!

yoda
08-17-2008, 10:46 PM
These sound delicious, thanks for the recipe.

BrAt
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Wow, heading to the grocery store this afternoon. lol

MissMuffett
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
i've never had lobster but i definatey want to try it.... sounds really yummy!

heintzman
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
so,,, who tried it ,, and what did you think?

Google It
09-18-2008, 07:49 PM
MMMMM!!! I think the mushrooms sound the best out of all that. Portabello mushrooms taste so meaty.

Xzavia
10-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm having a family supper here on Wednesday, decided to experiment with this recipe today and OMG!!!:tongue::tongue:

Instead of the portebello mushrooms I used the cremini (thinking I could serve it as an appetizer and the smaller mushrooms would work well for a large group of people).

I made them to the recipe otherwise, when my tastetesters (Hubby and oldest) sampled them they said they were really good, but needed a little something. So I added some basil pesto to the rest and watched them dissappear!:prazz: I was lucky to steal 2 off the plate without getting bit! :tongue:

These are really good, Hubby said they tasted like the stuffed seafood mushrooms we had a Red Lobster some time ago!

Thanks....this recipe is definately a keeper!!

heintzman
10-18-2008, 01:53 AM
second time making this was with friends, and i thought the same thing,,there was something missing,,, when making this recipe , my hubby just told me where he tried it , and what he thought was in it ,,so i tried it and shared with you,,,, with friends we had cesear salad and mushroom risotto, and this was our main meat, but i felt that there was something lacking ,,, so i will definately add some pesto next time,,, i made my own this year so that will be a great way to enjoy it to its fullest!! thanx for the tip!!

gouligann
11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh my! these sound delish! Ok, where's my shopping list... have a few things to add lol

moochie
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
man thats expensive stuff!

gouligann
11-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Well, I tried these this past weekend. They get about a 5 out of 10 rating.

I have another recipe that is much better. I'll post it when I get some time to post it.

heintzman
11-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, I tried these this past weekend. They get about a 5 out of 10 rating.

I have another recipe that is much better. I'll post it when I get some time to post it.

I wanted to make these tomorrow,,, if you can get your recipe up,,, i would love to make yours insted!!!