PDA

View Full Version : People "tricked" into trying Vista

Killswitch
08-21-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/

Funny how people believe EVERYTHING they're told.

Hans
08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
That's true. I only believe what I see.

Madmax
08-22-2008, 03:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's true. I only believe what I see.</div></div>

Really? EH?.... lol... now that statement in itself from you is funny..... lol

Hans
08-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Why is it funny?

Madmax
08-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Cause even if you seen something you never believe it, even though 99% of ppl say its true.

Hans
08-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Are you still talking about the famous temperature drops?
And I have not seen those, unless you are talking about a program reporting the drop.

Hans
08-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Unless you believe that 80 Celsius on each core is attainable without any type of error...

filthy
08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Good job crapping in this thread...you had your own for this poop.

Hans
08-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Like the OP said : Funny how people believe EVERYTHING they're told.

403_forbidden
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Yea...I saw a couple of videos about this so called project....I wonder how many Microsoft support people and engineers were involved in the VISTA install on those laptops to make sure they didn't crash during the experiment. What they should have done was allow the participants to take home a laptop or desktop for a month or 2 and allow them and their families to use it, and than poll them on what they thought about the "new" OS....more M$ marketing dirty BS.....

GirlNextDoor
08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: There's no Place Like 127.0.0.1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea...I saw a couple of videos about this so called project....I wonder how many Microsoft support people and engineers were involved in the VISTA install on those laptops to make sure they didn't crash during the experiment. What they should have done was allow the participants to take home a laptop or desktop for a month or 2 and allow them and their families to use it, and than poll them on what they thought about the "new" OS....more M$ marketing dirty BS..... </div></div>

More ignorant BS from the masses. The biggest problem with Vista as everything else pc related is the user. Im not a fan of M$ at all, but i do have say that vista so far has been the most stable product put out to date. The only problems ive had with vista have been ones ive created. ie : overclocking

V Code
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
same here. the only problem i had was a hardware issue (which also happens in xp as well. people who have problems with it are people who know "too much for their own good" and think they are better than they are. I worked with a guy once who had absolutely no idea what he was doing with computers even though he was a self proclaimed genius. people at work would flock to give him their computers to "fix" and they would come back more broken than not.

what was worse was he continued to know everything got fired from my place of employment and moved on to Sutherland (maybe thats why they lost the computer support campaign) LOL

its the user that the problem with pc's 99% of the time .. ohh and i guess antivirus software. (havent used any in 6 years and never had a problem)

Andre
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
I think the video is kind of BS myself.
There were a lot of problems like compatibility issues. lack of drivers, and pc/laptops supposedly Vista ready that were not before SP1.
Now you take a bunch of people who probably have little to no idea about computers and sit them down in front of a brand new perfectly tuned Vista PC and of course they're going to think it's great.
I wonder what would happen if you just gave the a Vista disc and sent them home to install it on whatever old pc they have. Have them trying to get those old peripherals and software working. Have them come back in a month and tell you what they think.

GirlNextDoor
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
my pc has " old " hardware by todays standards, im running vista without a single update and its yet to have a problem. hell ive even had gazillionaire (the original) and phantasmagoria play on this vista box without any problem either. so once again i say bullplop to the copouts ive heard.its coming from the same group of people who bash linux. i could do the same as that video with my pc and shock people too. no updates, older technology, and my draconic software i still love to use.

Hans
08-26-2008, 06:39 PM
From my own experience, networking under Vista has some serious issues. I believe it's the main reason why many business users are not migrating to Vista.
To list some of my issues : network printer can not be accessed under Vista, file copying over the network is really slow, local file copying is equally slow, problem with server shares, frequent crashes of IE under Vista, etc...
None of these problems exist with XP on my network.
And those issues both exists under Vista and Vista SP1, on 2 different machines.

\m/ Rich \m/
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
i personally think the mojave experiment is a neat idea, simply because what they're doing is showing the average person the features that are in vista, but average people dont know how to find or use them. its basically a feature education experiment.

neat idea, at least its something to combat the mac ads.

Madmax
08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Visat 64-bit is Awesome.

Koss
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
the problem at work is that we use software specifically made for the companies that we do busienss with and they do not support Vista so we can't make a move even if we wanted to.

But really XP is fine with me at home too, in fact I would use Ubuntu 100% if Itunes would support the OS. With the number of songs and movies I've bought with Apple's DRM I cannot make that move either. And no, I don't have the time or patience to burn all the files to CD and import them back sans DRM.

Madmax
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
For gaming Vista 64-bit with SP1 rules now over XP Pro SP3 ... now real major differences ... except Vista is better in apperance and can use 4GB or more of memory .. which gamers need and will needed as time goes on in the gaming world.

403_forbidden
09-07-2008, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Operating System Not Found</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: There's no Place Like 127.0.0.1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea...I saw a couple of videos about this so called project....I wonder how many Microsoft support people and engineers were involved in the VISTA install on those laptops to make sure they didn't crash during the experiment. What they should have done was allow the participants to take home a laptop or desktop for a month or 2 and allow them and their families to use it, and than poll them on what they thought about the "new" OS....more M$ marketing dirty BS..... </div></div>

More ignorant BS from the masses. The biggest problem with Vista as everything else pc related is the user. Im not a fan of M$ at all, but i do have say that vista so far has been the most stable product put out to date. The only problems ive had with vista have been ones ive created. ie : overclocking </div></div>

It is certainly not stable in the corporate environment. I believe that VISTA is more of an OS for the home user. There are to many custom programs and hardware that VISTA doesn't support in the corporate world. So yea, I have been running VISTA stable at home since it's release, but it's not running stable in our corporate environment and critical systems. It crashes more than XP Pro.

Killswitch
09-11-2008, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: There's no Place Like 127.0.0.1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is certainly not stable in the corporate environment. I believe that VISTA is more of an OS for the home user. There are to many custom programs and hardware that VISTA doesn't support in the corporate world. So yea, I have been running VISTA stable at home since it's release, but it's not running stable in our corporate environment and critical systems. It crashes more than XP Pro. </div></div>

....... and when XP FINALLY became "stable" for the home user I'll bet Windows 2000 was the OS of choice being used in the corporate environment. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

403_forbidden
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: There's no Place Like 127.0.0.1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is certainly not stable in the corporate environment. I believe that VISTA is more of an OS for the home user. There are to many custom programs and hardware that VISTA doesn't support in the corporate world. So yea, I have been running VISTA stable at home since it's release, but it's not running stable in our corporate environment and critical systems. It crashes more than XP Pro. </div></div>

....... and when XP FINALLY became "stable" for the home user I'll bet Windows 2000 was the OS of choice being used in the corporate environment. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Actually, believe it or not I know some corporate environments still using NT 4 workstation. They are few in far between, but they still exist. Windows 2000 pro is still currently used in many corporate environments.

I have run into some VISTA problems at home. It runs great on my 3 year old PC, but VISTA doesn't support my scanner, and there will be no driver support for that scanner. I keep an older laptop with XP on it for scanning duties. Also, video in is not supported in VISTA on 7 series NVIDIA cards. The WDM VIVO driver that worked in XP will not be supported in VISTA. So anyone that use to use this feature in XP to transfer video will have to purchase a seperate device that is supported in VISTA. For me this isn't a big deal, it gives me an excuse to purchase updated hardware. For the average person that hates spending money on PC gear this is a big deal, so they will stick with XP for now.