PDA

View Full Version : Buying a New Vehicle?

Bouffer
09-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Need some advice as to where i should go to buy a vehicle. I am looking to finance a vehicle, nothing too expensive either.... any opinions good or bad are welcome.

puppy
09-04-2008, 09:15 PM
try bud robinsons on great northern road...good prices and financing

Barry Morris
09-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Premier on Northern Avenue.

Shop around. Tell them all up front you are going to shop around. Don't let anybody railroad you with a "deal is only good for today (I'd never go back to a guy like that -
and I'd tell him)"

And maybe finance some warranty, while you're there.

J*B
09-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Randy Deresti, Deresti Motors will get you a good vehicle and it will be a good chunk cheaper than any of the others, he has little overhead and is not greedy, tell him what you want and he will get it if he doesn't already happen to have it..

Barry Morris
09-05-2008, 10:02 PM
One more thing.

Don't buy a Chevy.

J*B
09-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't buy any domestic car these days..

Bouffer
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Lots of people are saying Bud Robinson is a screwer. My sister just bought a vehicle from Randy Deresti, said he's really nice and will get u a good deal. So thanks for the info.... i will look there!

GRUMPY
09-11-2008, 11:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">try bud robinsons on great northern road...good prices and financing </div></div>

Avoid this schmuck at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrowellPhotographs
09-11-2008, 03:56 PM
As a former new car salesman for a Pontiac Buick GMC dealership in Ottawa, it's not a matter of who's a screwer or not. It's all about he promotions and what they really mean. The best way to get a good deal is to work everything out separately.
Look for the car you want. Take about 8-9% off the msrp, that's usually your basement. THEN remove what ever incentives there are. The dealer or the salesmen don't pay that advertised 1000$ off. The manufacturer reimburses the dealership for every car they sell under that promotion.
Once you've figured that stuff out, THEN mention your trade in. If you play with all three aspects at once trade, manufacturer rebait, and deal it's easy for them to hide money. When you deal with these one at a time, you know exactly where the money is going.
If the client was happy with the 1000$ rebait but didn't like our trade in value, we used to tell them we would give them a deal and buy their trade for another 400$. That extra 400$ actually came from the mark-up on the car they were buying. Since their discount came from the manufacturer, it was like they were paying sticker price and didn't know the difference.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of room to play with trade ins. Most don't stay on the lot, they go directly to a wholesaler who will use the black book value. (and never the X-Clean value either.) Press them a few times if you don't like their assessment of your car (again, this is only after you have negotiated the price then the rebait separately) if they just can't move, you can either walk out and hope for a call, or go with the deal. Even if they are making money off of your trade, it's no more than a few hundred dollars at most.

Well, that's about the best way to negotiate for a car. No matter who the dealer.
End of the month is usually better, new salesmen are usually better to deal with(eager to move cars) and slow week days, mid day are good.

Good luck!

GRUMPY
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrowellPhotographs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As a former new car salesman for a Pontiac Buick GMC dealership in Ottawa, it's not a matter of who's a screwer or not. It's all about he promotions and what they really mean.
</div></div>

While I'll agree with you on this point,its the after sale service or lack there of I was referring to.My brother years ago bought a BRAND NEW car off of the for-mentioned salesman and the side wall of the back tire blew out before he even got it home. When he called this salesman the only response he got was "What the hell do you want me to do about it,its your car!" Like all things people have good memories when you try to screw them over.

CrowellPhotographs
09-12-2008, 01:10 AM
THAT'S UNBELIEVABLE!!! Wow, a new low for the car salesman. Horrible.

I take that part back, avoid a screwer like that. Though I couldn't imagine that the whole dealership is like that, but who knows.

GRUMPY
09-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Well he called the salesman and got that response and demanded to talk to the manager/owner and got the same response. Being the kind of guy he is he called Toyota's head office in southern Ontario and low and behold it had the same attitude. So needless to say I would never buy off of Bud nor Toyota ever!

CrowellPhotographs
09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
To anyone out here facing the same or similar problems with the purchase of a car. The governing body of auto sales in ontario is called OMVIC. They are extremely helpful to the consumer and have the ability to revoke a salesman's license.

As for that situation, I do believe that warranty may cover circumstances like that. It may be more helpful to go to the garage instead of the salesman or sales manager. In 99% of all dealerships, it's the garage and parts that make the profit for the dealership. Most sales departments actually end up costing the dealership money.

Unfortunately, the sault seems to only have one Toyota dealership which does make it hard to put pressure on the salesmen and the garages. When I was selling in Ottawa consumers got great attention, deals and treatment because they could go and buy the exact same car from at least 2 other dealerships and get all of their warranty work done there as well.

hommer
09-12-2008, 02:05 PM
We have dealt with Mazda and they are great. Great service , great vehicles, have had no problems with them. We leased one car and purchased another because it was cheaper to buy than to lease. Very happy with them

Puppy Lover
09-12-2008, 03:42 PM
NORTHSIDE TOYOTA ALL THE WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely amazing vehicles, exceptional service !!

H.E. Pennypacker
09-23-2008, 11:43 PM
yup northside does have great service. i would buy from them again!

Cher
05-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Everywhere I have gone- I get BS and poor service... I am shopping for a new vehicle and have gone so far as to call a Sudbury dealership... spoke with a female salesperson there and she was more helpful than any of the clowns I have spoken with here... do all car salespeople think I don't do my research BEFORE walking through the door??

breeder
05-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Everywhere I have gone- I get BS and poor service... I am shopping for a new vehicle and have gone so far as to call a Sudbury dealership... spoke with a female salesperson there and she was more helpful than any of the clowns I have spoken with here... do all car salespeople think I don't do my research BEFORE walking through the door??

Call Northside Toyota and ask for Lee Gulli. SHe is a woman and oh so nice and honest.

Lollypop
05-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I have always dealt with Highland, I have bought used and new there.

Barnzz
05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Lots of people are saying Bud Robinson is a screwer. My sister just bought a vehicle from Randy Deresti, said he's really nice and will get u a good deal. So thanks for the info.... i will look there!

I would also say Randy Deresti. He is a very nice person. Finds you what you want, and gives you the best deal he can.

I was so excited when I had made the decision to buy a brand new truck. I wanted something reliable and safe for my kids.

corn316
05-02-2009, 03:45 AM
i have baught a used suv from persanol touch auto and i got great service from there the owner gino and sales guy mario whent through hell and back for me with some problems that was not there fault nor mine they have sold me my suv at a loss to them to make me and my wife happy i would recomend everyone to go there they should treat u good