PDA

View Full Version : New Ipod

sereenie
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
What does everyone think the new Ipod will be like? seems to expensive to me.

Madmax
09-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I think it will be like the old one, but in a newer package.

Strife
09-12-2008, 06:13 PM
I am new to the iPod world. I got my first iPod about a month ago and its alright so far. The thing I dont like is that its too reliant on iTunes. That, and you can only sync your playlist to only one computer. So if your friend has a song you like, you cant just add it to your iPod. You have to add it to your playlist, then sync your playlist again with your iPod to get it on there. If Apple made an improvement over this, than the new iPod will be alot better.

Ultra54
10-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I have the iPod Touch and love it. It's becoming like part of my being. I wish it was so reliant on iTunes too but I will put up with it. I have actually bought several albums and apps through iTunes. I managed to jailbreak mine but then went back so I coul get the updates.

Shawn
10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I have been thinking of getting the touch as well, and now since the price dropped $100, its looking more attractive... I personally like the fact it has web on it... I guess the new ones are starting to have that as well, but mostly for the itunes store...

adigirl
10-10-2008, 08:54 PM
How much are they?

Shawn
10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
How much are they?

The touch? They start about 250 for the 8 gig, and run up to about $400 for the 32 gig.

Ultra54
10-11-2008, 11:07 AM
299 for the 16 gig version. Its the second generation model and it dropped 70 bucks and has some nice improvements. The 1st gen like mine still has most of the same things like email and internet. I've had mine for a couple months and love the hell out of it.

Ultra54
10-11-2008, 11:29 AM
The main things changed is the addition of an external volume control, an internal speaker and improved battery life. You should check out the Apps for the thing. You cant believe how useful this thing can be.

Shawn
10-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Ya, lot of stuff that can be done with it, that's why I want to get one, more than just listening to music... I will probably get one before Christmas, all depending on money... Just put out a ton to pay off OSAP, visa, fixed up some paint damage on my car... so a little short for the next month. I would really love to see one before buying one but I have never seen the touch on display.

Amazon.com looks to have the cheapest price and thats more than likely where I will get it from.

Ultra54
10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
It really is a marvel of technology and freaks most people out at how well it works. I downloaded an app called Bloom that lets you create ambiant music in real time.
http://www.mahalo.com/Bloom_App
http://www.generativemusic.com/bloom.html

Madmax
10-12-2008, 08:45 AM
I getting a new model soon, great i now can give my old MP3 player to my son.

IPOD touch 8GB is what i want .... as i do not need 16GB.

I can's listen to 40,000 songs all at once ... (sarcasm)

I don't care to watch a movie on it as that is what a TV is for ... :)

But i want it for music and internet when i am out and useful for a GPS lcoation, but it can only do GPS by Tower Location which is not 100% accurate, but very close within so many miles.

Ultra54
10-12-2008, 10:43 AM
My wish list for the iPod touch would include a GPS and a camera. This isn't going to happen though as it would affect iPhone sales. Actually I would love to have an iPhone 3G but don't want the 75 bucks a month for 3 years or 2700 dollars. I see them for 750 bucks on Ebay. After living with the 16gig I suppose the 8 would be good enough. The extra comes in handy when you are going to be away from the computer for a while such as a vacation to camp for a couple of weeks. You would be suprised at how watchable it can be for movies. The picture quality is amazing.

Madmax
10-12-2008, 11:41 AM
There is a program that uses the Towers to Triangle a GPS location, but yeah i love to have it TRUE gps.

Again i only would want it for music not movies, wlel maybe YouTube stuff, but for major movies ... NAHHHH.

italiandomino
10-13-2008, 08:32 PM
32 gigs is not enough for me .. I need more space for more music !!!