PDA

View Full Version : Do you know anything about "eye toy" for ps2??

Babzz
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
I am considering this for a christmas gift for my son.
Is it similar to the wii?
Do you have to purchase special games for it or will the regular ps2 games work
thanks

Madmax
09-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Certain PS1 games will work on a PS2 and as for Eye-Candy ona PS2 it is OLD style compared to the Wii and PS3.

If your looking to get your son something awesome for Christmas i suggest a PS3 in which certain PS2 games will work with it as for PS1 games again only a certain amount.

PS3 will blow away a Wii in Eye-Candy and in games for children your sons age.

PS3 unoffical backwards compatible games:

There is more games that can be backward compatible, but it is trial by error in most cases unless you find a list to see if it works or not.

http://www.ps3comp.com/view.asp?console=ps2

The only reason why the Wii is so popular is its cheap price and cheap price on games = Kids Games and that means KIDDDDDSSSS games not TEEN games or Adult Kick ARSE games and for many good gamers that love awesome gaming the Wii is not the one to buy.

Yeah the PS3 is the most expensive to buy, but it blows away the competition in what the actual uni offers .... it includes a standard hard drive, a high definition Blu-ray optical drive, HD video output, Bluetooth wireless controllers, and–in the premium version–WiFi wireless networking.

Babzz
09-23-2008, 09:16 AM
thanks max
He want a wii system, but its over my budget unfortunatley /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
I was thinking this eye toy thing might be similar and more affordable

\m/ Rich \m/
09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
eye candy, or Eye toy?

filthy
09-23-2008, 02:07 PM
lol...I wasn't sure where this topic was going either...

Babzz
09-23-2008, 02:19 PM
opps /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

all fixed lol