PDA

View Full Version : time this

AmdWolfman
09-24-2008, 07:47 AM
When u FIRST push power button till you can use a prog.,,,how long does it take, i'm just taking a small survey,thx

Madmax
09-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Takes me about 30 secs to desktop and then as soon i see desktop i can surf net and what have you.

But if i wanted to i can push power button on and be on the internet in 4 - 5 seconds ... yep 4 - 5 secs.

AmdWolfman
09-24-2008, 08:49 AM
yep thats right i get about 30 also,

Madmax
09-24-2008, 09:23 AM
It would be a little faster if i did not have to log in all the time, but i choose to have a password before the desktop. I only estimated 30 secs, but i believe it is more like 20 secs to the desktop.

I will time it out in a few min for ya.

AmdWolfman
09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm not asking for estimations, I'm asking a question about it.

Madmax
09-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Ok i just shutdown and timed it and it is actually more then i thought ... its more like 60 secs from the time i hit the power button to the desktop .. meaning as soon as i put my finger on the power button i watched the clock to time it.

It takes about 10 secs to see post screen. Then it takes the post screen about 10 secs before it moves past that screen. Then it goes to another screen that is to dectect any HD's for about 4 secs. Then i have a RAID setup and it it goes to the screen which takes the load up screen for that to sit there for about 8 secs. Then it goes on to load up the sign in screen and that takes about 15 secs to get there and log in only takes about 5 secs. Then takes about 10 secs to get to desktop and i then can surf net.

So make sure your timing it right from "power button turn on" to desktop so ppl can get a more acurrate time and not from when you see the windows bar scrolling across the screen at start-up.

It appears going from the raid screen to login screen takes the longest for my setup. Then of course the post screen and raid screen takes the longest before that.

Wow i never really timed it before on this RIG, but the typical is 60 secs or just under that.

On a fresh install it can take 30 secs on most modern machines, but once raid is added and the OS is a month old and programs/games are added then bootup will slow down considerably.

Drools
10-04-2008, 10:17 PM
1 minute 20 seconds including logging into domain. I will have to time the new computers next.