PDA

View Full Version : Wedding rings

Macs II
09-26-2008, 12:33 AM
If you're married, do you wear a wedding ring, if you're not married, will you wear a wedding ring when you get married?

if you're divorced ...what did you do with your ring ?

Babzz
09-26-2008, 12:34 AM
sold it for 50.00 bucks

They got a great deal!

Macs II
09-26-2008, 12:35 AM
I sold mine for $25.00 /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

everywoman
09-26-2008, 12:36 AM
Married 10 years!! Just got a new diamond wedding band for my anniversary and I'm happy and proud to wear it!

Luv to be on the GO
09-26-2008, 12:40 AM
I`m a widow ...and you bet I wear my Rings
All 3 of them ...Engagement ...Marriage ...and Anniversary band
They were ALL brand new and WOW are they ever gorgeous !!!

Macs II
09-26-2008, 12:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Married 10 years!! Just got a new diamond wedding band for my anniversary and I'm happy and proud to wear it! </div></div>

but thats not as special as the original one

everywoman
09-26-2008, 12:48 AM
Actually, it symbolizes a pretty damn good 10 years!

AngelOnHigh
09-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I wear mine... I never take it off. Most days... I wear it with pride... lol. Hubby never thought he would wear a ring... but I think he loves it. He only takes it off to mow the lawn (when he uses the push mower... he doesn't bother when on the riding mower).

corn316
09-26-2008, 05:10 AM
well it would all depend on the job that a persone does for a living like if ur a trades men then u cant wear one due to elctrical shock, welding or just wrecking it all together i might not be married but i am in the trades but i would be dam sure to wear one when im on an outing some where so it is a matter of what type of work a persone does to wear one in my opinon

Suze
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
I sold my wedding band and my engagement ring to a jeweller, needed the money after all the $hit he left me with!!

blueeyedgirl
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
When we get married if we ever get married I will wear a wedding band that has a lot of meaning to it. My grandparents were married for over 40 years when my grandfather passed away. This month marked the 20th year of his passing and to this day my memere wears her wedding band and has never been with another man. When I was down this summer to visit her as her health is not that great she gave me my peperes ring and she plans on giving me her ring when i either get married or she passes on. I would not consider wearing any other wedding band but that one because I would hope that our love for each other would last as long as theirs.

Madmax
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
When i was married i always wore my ring until bed time .. then i removed it, just a thing i did is all and my wife at the time did also.

When i divorced i was still wearing for maybe 2-3 months .. then i decided since my EX-Wife sold her Rings both, the expensive engagement ring and the wedding band .... I then sold my wedding band.

If i ever married again = I don't want for many years if possible = i would again wear a ring in which at that time would be needed.

Now when it comes to certain jobs you are required to take it off due to any type of injuries that may occur with it on, so in that case i had to take it off for certain jobs i had worked at.

lynys
09-26-2008, 09:48 AM
I got rid of mine. Was worthless to me seeing as my ex did not take our wedding vows seriously.

I guess love, honour and cherish only applies in certain situations? (the forsaking all others till death do you part also did not apply to my marriage... twice) LOL!

But, anyway, YES, I will wear a ring again. I for one would be proud to show my commitment to my husband (and for what it's worth... my rings did not come off except to put hand lotion on. I wore them until the day I decided that no matter what choices my ex made, I would not continue on as a devoted wife wanting her husband to come home; which was about 4 months after I discovered his affair)

Being married is a joy, and I will gladly show my future husband my devotion by proudly wearing the rings he gives me always.

bluekrissyspikes
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
mine only comes off when i'm cleaning with chemicals and stuff like that

Verotik
09-26-2008, 10:16 AM
married dont wear it hardly at all

Xzavia
09-26-2008, 10:23 AM
After almost 20 years of wedded bliss you're darn tooting I wear mine....with pride!

I have my wedding set (engagement, wedding and anniversary band) that I wear most of the time. Hubby also bought me a plain gold band when we were married as I was always paranoid of losing or damaging my bling bling. I wear that when I'm not wearing my set.

Take any rings off to go to bed.

Hubby has a gold band, put it on his finger almost 20 years ago. He only wears it when we go out and it doesn't involve him working. Hubby's a machinist so wearing a ring on the job is a big no-no, otherwise he takes pride in wearing it.

J*B
09-26-2008, 10:26 AM
I always wore my wedding ring while married, it's been two years since my wife passed and I stopped wearing it a while back but will certainly always hang onto it. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

BooBooMyKy
09-26-2008, 10:32 AM
i always have mine on.all 1.5 carots and i wear it with pride

Simba
09-26-2008, 10:33 AM
Always wear mine.

vixen
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
When my hubby asked me to marry him it was spur of the moment he did not have an engagement ring, after I said yes we decided to go and purchas our wedding bands, I didnt thing I needed an expensive ring and the band would be enough. We bought two plan white gold bands, ( i cant wear yellow gold my skin is a greenish colour) my mother was so p!$$ed that we bought two bands instead of an engagment ring. oh well! this passed August we had our 7 year anniversary , and in that time we have lived in three citys, had two children, and suffered lots of loses not only with family but friends too. This year he was at the race with our oldest on our anniversary which I was fine with. After we went through all the stuff they brought home and put the kids to bed he told me he needed help getting the dirty laundry out of the van..sure why not!..so stupid (thats me) went out to the van , and in the back was a little box, and in the box was a VERY pretty ring with three stones, past, present, furture. I wear both with pride. our rule has always been " No one takes of the rings except the other spouce"

ProfessorZed
09-26-2008, 10:40 AM
Hubby and I always wear ours -- plain titanium bands, no engagement ring (because I didn't want one, and we couldn't afford one anyway!).

EyelashExtensions
09-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I never take off my engagement ring for anything! Drives my man nuts if I'm playing in the dirt or cooking and get food trapped in it. But a diamond can be replaced, to me the ring can't. I will never take off any of my rings unless I'm in the hospital and I'm forced.

KRP
09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
The only time I took my engagement and wedding rings off was for all my surgeries because I had to take them off. Other then that they never come off my finger at all. Even at the end of my pregnancies when my hands started to swell, I refused to take them off.

My husband bought me a new engagement ring (less then a year before we got married) for Christmas in 2004. It was the first Christmas after we lost our twin sons and the band on my old engagement ring broke. Instead of fixing the old one he decided to buy a new one, the Past, Present, Future 3 stone ring.

goodasgold
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
I usually wear my wedding ring, occasionally the engagement ring goes on. I find lately when I wear the two that my finger almost blisters. My husband used to wear his wedding band, but after working on the car one year he lost it. Now he has a job that is a lot more physical and a ring would get damaged. Doesn't bother me. We both are still committed to each other and jewellry isn't needed to prove it.

chase_me
09-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I am married and don't wear any of my rings, my husband wears his all the time but after three kids and one more on the way they just don't fit and i refuse to resize them to only have to resize them after this baby is born.

GoldDogs
09-26-2008, 01:58 PM
I asked my future hubby to marry me. He wears his 'engagement' ring on his right hand. When we marry, he will wear it on the left.

Of course, we went out after to get a ring for me and I wear mine always unless cleaning with chemicals or painting. I've taken it off to go fishing too (so scared it will fall off in the lake).