PDA

View Full Version : Thanx to the Idiots

NativeMomma
09-27-2008, 03:46 PM
i just want to say thanx to the idiots who stole my daughters bike out of our yard thursday night...she just got that bike as a pressie from her mom and dad....you guys sure stoop low...you want a bike go out and buy your own and quit stealing everyone elses...we have lived where we are for 6 month and nothing was stolen... in the last month we had 2 bikes stolen...just pisses me off that they have to go and steal a child's bike

Babzz
09-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Go look at the police station. When my sons bike was stolen, I went and they had hundreds of them.. Not my sons though /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Shawn
09-27-2008, 10:19 PM
2 things... one every bike has a serial number, write it down and keep a copy of the receipt...

Two, buy a bike lock and lock the bike up, then they won't get stolen as easy.

Like really I love how people wonder why things get stolen when they leave it out in the front yard for everyone to see... you are just asking for someone to take things. Like really if you had 2 bikes stolen in the last month... that tells me you really have to find a better way to secure it. I am betting you don't leave your house or car unlocked at night...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Ummm, she is a nice lady and that was uncalled for.

geogett
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
yeah that was totally uncalled for

geogett
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 things... one every bike has a serial number, write it down and keep a copy of the receipt...

Two, buy a bike lock and lock the bike up, then they won't get stolen as easy.

Like really I love how people wonder why things get stolen when they leave it out in the front yard for everyone to see... you are just asking for someone to take things. Like really if you had 2 bikes stolen in the last month... that tells me you really have to find a better way to secure it. I am betting you don't leave your house or car unlocked at night... </div></div>

Now I have been guilty of saying all kinds of stupid things but what I have learned is it takes one silly comment to cause a snowball of other unnecessary remarks. Until you have all the facts I would not assume anything. I am surprised that you would even reply in this manner...

Peety
09-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Sorry your daughters bike was stolen,,,
I had mine stolen years ago I remember how upset I was.

geogett
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
i didnt even read that till now, dang, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

AngelOnHigh
09-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Yes, but he is right 6th... after the first one was stolen... I would have learned to lock it up or put it out of sight.

washawee
09-27-2008, 10:37 PM
id have to agree with shawn... only common sense

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-27-2008, 10:39 PM
He may have a point but the tail end of the post with the sarcastic comment about leaving a car or the house unlocked was not warranted. Until we know what happened we should never assume

AngelOnHigh
09-27-2008, 10:49 PM
I agree with you there 6th. I totally agree with the comment, however, I really didn't look to see who posted it. As the admin, he should know better then to throw low remarks like that.

GRUMPY
09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
I see nothing wrong with the post as they were all valid points. As they say screw me once shame on you,screw me twice shame on me.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Once again. Till we get all the facts we should not assume...

Giggle Squirt
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
i leave my car unlocked with the keys on the hood parked on the road every night and no one will steal it on me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

GRUMPY
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
It doesn't matter where you live in town as the thieves are all over.

Giggle Squirt
09-28-2008, 12:08 AM
haha it will start... weather or not you can get it into gear is another story!!!

Shawn
09-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Hey, my brother had his bike stolen, he learned very quickly... He ended up getting it recovered, because there were 2 bikes stolen, his and his friends. Both were valued over $5000. They were full race bikes. He just left the bike sitting there while he went swimming, and the bikes as well as a couple of people in his group disappeared... It was lucky there was someone who knew bikes standing there who saw the bikes on a vehicle... Police got a warrant, found the bikes and charged the kids with theft over $5000... so I have been there before.

Either way its common sense, but I guess some people took it the wrong way.

Simba
09-28-2008, 12:16 AM
Not too many people understand common sense Shawn and not too many people like to hear the way it is. Are you new? LOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

T_wolfe
09-28-2008, 12:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Native Momma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just want to say thanx to the idiots who stole my daughters bike out of our yard thursday night...she just got that bike as a pressie from her mom and dad....you guys sure stoop low...you want a bike go out and buy your own and quit stealing everyone elses...we have lived where we are for 6 month and nothing was stolen... in the last month we had 2 bikes stolen...just pisses me off that they have to go and steal a child's bike </div></div>

It's okay, you probably stole it too. </div></div>

YA... VERY much uncalled for!!... She is a nice lady indeed.. do I sense a little racist here??

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-28-2008, 12:48 AM
I think so to but it appears that some people on here allow things like that to be posted here. Seems like common sense to remove such a remark....

Simba
09-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Keebler already explained himself. It was a general comment.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry but it still implies she stole it, even after the so called explanation.

bluekrissyspikes
09-28-2008, 01:45 AM
probably some little punks late for their curfew took it and ditched it when they got close to home. my stupid neighbor used to do stuff like that and then laugh about it later. stealing a little kids bike is not funny, but i have to agree that it should have been locked up in a safe place, maybe next time bring it(if you get a new one) into the porch or put it in the shed.

Anapeg
09-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Ease up folks. It was an off hand comment that's been blown out of proportion. It's interesting that the racist card was not played by the so called slighted party. Did some one call for the vigilantes?

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-28-2008, 06:49 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. & Mrs. T_wolfe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Native Momma</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just want to say thanx to the idiots who stole my daughters bike out of our yard thursday night...she just got that bike as a pressie from her mom and dad....you guys sure stoop low...you want a bike go out and buy your own and quit stealing everyone elses...we have lived where we are for 6 month and nothing was stolen... in the last month we had 2 bikes stolen...just pisses me off that they have to go and steal a child's bike </div></div>

It's okay, you probably stole it too. </div></div>

YA... VERY much uncalled for!!... She is a nice lady indeed.. do I sense a little racist here?? </div></div>

The only racist thing here is the mindset with which you applied a racist connotation to a completely ambiguous statement. </div></div>

There is nothing ambiguous about making a DIRECT comment stating "You probably stole it too". Nice try though...

SIMBA
09-28-2008, 12:05 PM
omg get over it.

crazymamma
09-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok...can I put my half sense in??? Even though bikes are locked up they can get stolen. The girll across the street had hers locked up and bolted to the house. They cut throught the lock and took the bike...had to use bolt cutters cause it wasa really huge chain. Her dad bought another bike, different lock ...this time they took the bike apart to get it. The thieves in this town aren't that stupid! They are bringing tools with them .....I witnessed a kid go out with an empty back pack come home with it full...he also has a"DIFFERENT" bike every weekend...till his parents called the police on him. And my daughters was locked up in a shed...lock was cut off and bike was stolen, I had the serial numbers and everything...was never recovered...that was 4 years ago...so whether it's locked or not...if they want it bad enough they'll get it

Madmax
09-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Oh come on ppl the bike was stolen and even if it were properly stored/locked up or not .. the point is it got stolen from her.

Now i hope she finds it as it is her daughters bike.

Racist remarks?? as in "you probably stole it too" was not how i took it. That can be said about anyone whether they are of a certain nationality or not.

I took it as maybe he referred her as being a thief as well and how do we know she did not, well some that know her obviously know she did not.

AngelOnHigh
09-28-2008, 12:58 PM
there was nothing racist said... people are just looking to get more and more reactions from everyone.... if someone saw something racist there.... maybe they need to look inside themselves.

lynys
09-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Had the OP said that the bike was locked up and them stolen, I would have felt sorry for them. However, they did not, so it really is their own stupidity for leaving it wide open for someone to take it.

I keep my bike in my home, so no one will be stealing it anytime soon. If I did indeed have to keep it outside however, it would be LOCKED up tight.

Can't trust any of the punks (young and old) nowadays!

Peety
09-28-2008, 01:44 PM
I feel sad for the daughter,,,Hopefully she will get another,

Strife
09-28-2008, 02:51 PM
After reading through the topic, firstly, I almost feel sad for the little girl. The bike should have been locked up. It doesnt guarantee that it wont be stolen but it deters alot of "driveby" thieves. Secondly, there was nothing racist about Keebler's comment. I believe the word people are trying to find here is stereotypical. There is quite a difference between the two and even at that, there was nothing stereotypical about his statement. People just want to start [censored] because they saw a link between the OP screen name and the typical stereotype of Natives.

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-28-2008, 04:27 PM
Still. If you people cannot read that he assumed she steals also then I dont know what to tell you. As for the comment being racist It was others who brought it up not me...

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
09-28-2008, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The 6th Member Of AC/DC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There is nothing ambiguous about making a DIRECT comment stating "You probably stole it too". Nice try though... </div></div>

I was referring to the tonal atmosphere of the remark, which had nothing implicitly racist about it. It was ambiguous in its tonal quality, the manifest content of the remark was blunt enough. </div></div>

Whatever you say Doctor Phil

Strife
09-28-2008, 05:32 PM
raciist? Whats a raciist

Strife
09-28-2008, 06:02 PM
geez mooochi I thought you would have caught on by now

vixen
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tequila sunrise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i leave my car unlocked with the keys on the hood parked on the road every night and no one will steal it on me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

oh your the one with the ford?

NativeMomma
10-17-2008, 12:59 AM
hey, sorry but i am just getting back online...as i was in the middle of moving and all...but i want to thank all for being there while i wasn't.... and to the persons who thought i would do a stupid thing as to not lock up my girls bikes....but my daughter's bikes were locked up...as i am not that stupid to leave them unlocked...anyways enough said

geogett
10-17-2008, 01:00 AM
wb ladyblade :) nice 2 see ur words again :)