PDA

View Full Version : bottle water

BooBooMyKy
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
is bottle water sterilized? Like if i bought a jug of distilled water could i use it to make baby formula without boiling it?

Huggy85
09-28-2008, 06:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: michellet227</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is bottle water sterilized? Like if i bought a jug of distilled water could i use it to make baby formula without boiling it? </div></div>

Distilled and reverse osmosis water would be, spring water, not so sure.

http://parenting.ivillage.com/baby/bnutrition/0,,3vvr,00.html

Rosie
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't chance it, my friend tried to boil bottled water for that purpose and it had this weird foam on the top of it during boiling and after, Who knows what's in that stuff..............I'd boil tap water if I were you

hp2
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
I would say no..

I just went through hell and back with my 7 yr old.. she had severe diahrra and vomit 3 weeks straight.. NO FEVERS.. SHE was in and outa the dr's left right and center.. lost 10lbs and thats alot for a 7 yr old who is tinny to begin with..

well needless say we were asked many upon many of many of ?'s and the DR told me "STAY CLEAR" of bottled water.. he said its safer to drink water outa a stream then that stuff...

SO thats just heads up...

we are now almost 4 weeks into her problem and still waiting on test results.. her white blood cell counts in one area were up so it had them all baffeled as to what was wrong...

Edited to add..

am not blaming it on the water. Just after what I went through and his opionion on how it sits in warm and cold temps etc etc.. IT all made sense.

BooBooMyKy
09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
thanks

Huggy85
09-28-2008, 07:03 PM
My daughter has been using bottled water (not exclusively but as a convenience) for her baby for a couple months now, with the doctor's blessing; no problems and baby is gaining weight like crazy.

Giggle Squirt
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
i used bottled water, it was easier to just put a bottle of water and a container of formula in the diaper bag... my son has no issues...

bluekrissyspikes
09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
unless your baby is a newborn you don't need to boil their water, even then it's not really that necessary.

09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Bottled water sits in PLASTIC for how many days or weeks. Water is the only substance that can eat through anything with time. So, why would you trust drinking water that has been eating away soaking up all plastic chemicals?

Tutones
09-28-2008, 10:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bottled water sits in PLASTIC for how many days or weeks. Water is the only substance that can eat through anything with time. So, why would you trust drinking water that has been eating away soaking up all plastic chemicals? </div></div>

And yet we all seem to have no problem drinking POP.
Bottled water will not hurt your baby... and you don't need to boil water for formula after the child is 3 months old.

Macs II
09-28-2008, 10:45 PM
All this boiling water for the formula is just nonsense....throw those "new" baby books to the garbage and ask your parents what they did.

Giggle Squirt
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
to be 100% honest, i have never boiled water for either of my babies.. my house water was tested and is 100% fine to drink. I just turned on the tap filled up the bottles and added the formula. both my kids were fine, never had any sicknesses with anything. You baby does not live in a steril enviroment.

BooBooMyKy
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
my baby is 7 weeks and i have to switch to formula and i eas just wondering if it was ok to use the distilled water for convience. I check the internet and asked around,but I always seem to get conflicting answers, lol. I'm still not sure if its ok, buthtanks for all the input.

Sophie's_Mommy
09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
my baby is 3 months i boil water everyday for her formula, i had to stop breastfeeding when she was 6 weeks cause i did not produce enough milk. I was told by the nurse at healthy babys that i should boil water for her bottles till she was 6 months old. I do every morning and put it in a jug that is only for the babys water. It does not take long to do, i thought about using bottled water but after reading in here i think i ll just continue to boil it for now..lol..

Punkin
09-29-2008, 09:44 AM
Well sheesh... I'm on my 4th baby, she's 9 months old.. and I'm STILL boiling water for her bottles!!! lol (I was always under the assumption that the water still had to be boiled, you just didn't have to sterilize the bottles or nipples.. lol.. oh well now I'm weaning her onto milk.. so I'll just carry on.

SusyQ
09-29-2008, 09:46 AM
I did the same thing Punkin for my 3 also.

tippikitty
09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Water is the only substance that can eat through anything with time. </div></div>

Apparently you've never seen what coke can do. Put a penny in a glass of coke and leave it for a while and see what happens. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

blueeyedgirl
09-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I boiled my son's water till he was about 4 months old. Never attempted to use bottled water when he was a baby.

photochick
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
I have a 4 month old and when I stopped breast feeding and switched to formula I started to use distilled water as that is what the can of formula says to usem but then I decided to just boil water and let it cool and transfer it into the water bottles I had from the distilled water. no problems at all
but ultimatley you need to do what you are comfortable with.

best to you

hp2
09-29-2008, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the DR told me "STAY CLEAR" of bottled water.. he said its safer to drink water outa a stream then that stuff...
</div></div>

Who is your doctor? Kevorkian? </div></div>

Nope hes not keebler...
after hearing what he had to say about it and pulling stat's Ill stay far away from it... After seeing what my kid whom was 48lbs and was down to 38.5 at 7 yrs of age. You might rethink your comment..

but I like ya so I took it as a grain of salt... LOL and just thought that it only come from the cookie factory anyways.. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hidden Treasure
09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I only used bottled water. My son was fine with it.

Bufford
09-29-2008, 03:24 PM
michellet227...Where do you feel the problem is..in the water or something leeching out of the plastic ?

BooBooMyKy
09-29-2008, 05:11 PM
i was just wondering if it was safe because i wanted to use it because it is just easier then boiling and waiting for it to cool before making bottles.

aussie_angel24
09-29-2008, 07:37 PM
I have used bottled water and have boiling the water from the time my babies were born both have no problem as healthy as a new bean! One day the Health Canada will tell you do not trust baby formula anymore!!!

09-29-2008, 10:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keebler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Water is the only substance that can eat through anything with time. </div></div>

Somehow I doubt that.</div></div>

Google it.

tippikitty
09-30-2008, 09:15 AM
<div cl***="ubbcode-block"><div cl***="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T-pot</div><div cl***="ubbcode-body"> Water is the only substance that can eat through anything with time. </div></div>

Apparently you've never seen what coke can do. Put a penny in a gl*** of coke and leave it for a while and see what happens. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

You edited g l a s s ????? Now that's just messed up.

Bufford
09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
You edited g l a s s ????? Now that's just messed up.

This new system must have a m*** of cl*** if you can't type gl***