PDA

View Full Version : Would you...

SIMBA
10-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Let your young child play with playdoh at the table in a restaurant?

Madmax
10-05-2008, 06:53 PM
NOPE i would not as it is not an appropriate time to do so and its not yoru table, but a restaurants.

ssmarie
10-05-2008, 07:55 PM
yes if i had kids but who really cares

Simba
10-05-2008, 09:06 PM
I wouldn't. Like for god sake surely to god you can find something other than that to entertain your kid.

Chaotic Chick
10-05-2008, 09:08 PM
I sure wouldn't.

J*B
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Nope.. but I might roll up a few little balls of it myself and launch them with my spoon into a few peoples bowls of soup to see the splash if I was bored! :wink:

Simba
10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
lol...I bet you would too!!

MissMuffett
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
i dont see any problem with it as long as the parent is responisble enough to clean to up the mess afterwords.

bluekrissyspikes
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
of course not. i'd give them a pencil and some paper, or a toy car to play with....or just don't take them to a restaurant that needs us to wait around all day before we eat. playdough leaves a gross film on everything and it's just plain messy.

Giggle Squirt
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM
well if it wasn't a super classy restaurant and the kids were sitting quietly i wouldn't have a problem with it. I would rather have the kids sit quietly then have them running and screaming and yelling and listen to the parents tell the kids to quiet down and such.

bluekrissyspikes
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
very true. running around and screaming is not okay either, but there's gotta be something they could do without the potential for a huge mess.

AngelOnHigh
10-05-2008, 10:30 PM
I would teach my child how to act in a restaurant... and have no need for toys. That is just me. We take our daughter to some pretty classy places, and she is a perfect princess. We also take her to McDonalds, and she acts just as properly.

Tonight actually, we were in a Mcdonalds... and she was upset that a little girl was running around. She called her naughty. Proper parenting and a child can behave well in public places.

Simba
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I agree. If you have a child who tends to act up, then you should have the common sense to not take them to restaurants.

Chaotic Chick
10-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I would teach my child how to act in a restaurant... and have no need for toys. That is just me. We take our daughter to some pretty classy places, and she is a perfect princess. We also take her to McDonalds, and she acts just as properly.

Tonight actually, we were in a Mcdonalds... and she was upset that a little girl was running around. She called her naughty. Proper parenting and a child can behave well in public places.

Exactly! I expect my children to behave in public. If a waiter offers them crayons, I will let them colour. I do not, however, go out of my way to bring things to entertain my children when we go out to eat.

Chaotic Chick
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I agree. If you have a child who tends to act up, then you should have the common sense to not take them to restaurants.

I have a 16 year old who is bipolar and went through a few years where she would scream in public. We chose not to take her to restaurants or anywhere she would have to sit still. It sucked, but it got easier eventually. People in a restaurant do NOT want to have their dinner interrupted by an hysterical child!

AngelOnHigh
10-05-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow CC... must have been hard on you. I totally respect you as a parent for making such a hard decision... and thank you as a frequent restaurant patron. (I may not be in the same city, or country... but I think it is amazing that you have respect for other patrons!)

GRUMPY
10-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Nothing ticks me off more then some simple minded twits sitting in a restaurant with silly grins while their kids run around screaming and being a royal pain in the butt. If you can't control them please stay at home. Hell you can even house train a dog!

Barry Morris
10-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I do remember embarrassing our 13 year old daughter by playing table hockey with a small tomato once.

SusyQ
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Haha I did the same thing only with a dill pickle and they do roll.

goodasgold
10-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I let my daughter play with a small thing of playdough last week at a restaurant. She thought it was neat how I could roll it into a ball and make an imprint from the lid. She played very nicely with it. No pieces were left behind either. She's two years old and we had stopped in the restaurant for a quick drink while my mom filled out paperwork. I didn't think twice about it either, course the waitress was the one who brought it too her.

bluekrissyspikes
10-06-2008, 06:13 AM
I have a 16 year old who is bipolar and went through a few years where she would scream in public. We chose not to take her to restaurants or anywhere she would have to sit still. It sucked, but it got easier eventually. People in a restaurant do NOT want to have their dinner interrupted by an hysterical child!

it's hard when they are like that. our older boy is so hard to do stuff with and it drives me crazzzy. i'm used to it and it still drives me crazy so i can only imagine how anoying it would be to everyone else. we don't usually take him out for dinner and stuff like that. i try to avoid taking him shopping if i know i'll be long. we do bring him to timmies for a donut or to the food court for some fries if he's being good, but that's about as much as he can handle at one time. the other two are fine, they will sit nice all day and wait for their dinner if need be, but they don't get to go either cause it wouldn't be fair to leave one behind.