PDA

View Full Version : Melamine Found In Cadbury Candy

Super Gram
10-06-2008, 03:37 AM
I didn't even know they were made in China

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/10/05/melamine-cadbury.html:thumbs_down:

bluekrissyspikes
10-06-2008, 05:44 AM
that's no good. glad i don't use those products. i was reading the comments people are making about the article, and about cutting off most of the food supply that comes in from hong kong and china. we should make our own food in our own factories so we know what's going into it. what do you guys think?

Super Gram
10-06-2008, 05:51 AM
I agree with you. But then these companies wouldn't make the money they are from Chinese labour.:confused2:

bluekrissyspikes
10-06-2008, 05:57 AM
yeah, but it would be great for our economy because it would make jobs, and they'd save some money not having to ship the product all the way across the world. it just bugs me that i could be feeding my kids that crap. i don't understand why they would want to make their own families and country sick from putting stuff like that in their food, or why the government doesn't have a better system in place to keep stuff like this from happening.

Carolyn
10-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Any Cadbury chocolates here in Canada come from the shops in Canada. There are 3 in the Hamilton area and one in Toronto.

tired-n-cranky
10-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Speaking from EXPERIENCE, I can tell you that Cadbury chocolates sold in Canada are made in Canada.

I worked doing IT there for 4 years, so I do know. Nothing like getting fresh Mr. Big bars as they came off the line.

So your stupid comment about the cheap chinese labour does not apply to this situation regarding Cadbury products sold in Canada.

b&aMom
10-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Big deal, they're made in Canada. Are all of their ingredient purchases made solely from Canada, and none imported? Remember the pet food with melamine? Made in North America. With ingredients purchased on the global market. From China.

EyelashExtensions
10-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Does anyone know if all the ingredients come from Canada as well? I'm just curious....