PDA

View Full Version : legal questions

MissMuffett
10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
If i had given someone a document to remove their belonging in 30 days and i forgot to sign it , does it still valid or does it become void?? should i make up another one giving them another week or two explaining our final notice??? which we will sign or do i need to give them another 30 days.. In the first letter i did screw up the dates and corrected it and both myself and my spouse had initaled it.. i wonder if that is enough ??

HELP!!

Shawn
10-06-2008, 03:06 PM
You would probably want to talk to a lawyer about that, but I think that would make it void since you have not endorsed it with your signature.

Limitations
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
You have not made clear if you are renting like a room in your private dwelling sharing kitchen and lavatory. The process then does not apply, in case, you are preparing for the possibility of the legal eviction process that involves applying for a Hearing.

It seems you are only referring to things.

You have not included whether the timeframe has already been paid for in terms of storage or rent money.

Ms. Marisa Belsito

MissMuffett
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
We have a shared kitchen and she had her own bathroom, in our purchased home. She was renting a room in our home. She didnt pay rent and we had told her that she needed too or else she would be evicted.. She has since been gone out of the house for over a month now with her belongings left behind, as she found another place to stay. we had given her that document almost a month ago but i think shes ignoring it beucase we didnt sign it..

Sophie's_Mommy
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
well as far as i know if someone leaves anything behind anywhere, after 30 days u r free to do whatever u want with it regardless of a signed note or not. it is called abandonment of property. If u call the police station they will tell u the same thing.

bluekrissyspikes
10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
call the landlord tennant act. they will know exactly what you should do and keep your name/her name incase it leads to problems later on.

MissMuffett
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
i have called them and they said that it doest fall within the landlord and tenant act beucase we share a kitchen. :S

Macs II
10-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I would've taken her junk to the dump long time ago

chase_me
10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I am pretty sure after 30 days you can do what you want, call the police station and just see what they say, inform them she has been gone for x amount of time, she has not been back to get her stuff, you sent her a letter asking her to remove her belongings and she still has not.

Limitations
10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
We have a shared kitchen and she had her own bathroom, in our purchased home. She was renting a room in our home. She didnt pay rent and we had told her that she needed too or else she would be evicted.. She has since been gone out of the house for over a month now with her belongings left behind, as she found another place to stay. we had given her that document almost a month ago but i think shes ignoring it beucase we didnt sign it..

I know rental issues can be very difficult ones at times.
That is a fact whether it is room(s) in one's private dwelling or in seperate rental housing.

Being in the business for over twenty years, I know it is has been very difficult at times to know when someone deserves a chance, when it is sincere trouble or when they are just trying to fool and exploit me.

Since you have confirmed the shared accomodation arrangement and you understand the tribunal process does not apply then why not just store them for some indefinite time. The person may contact you.

I do not know if the amount of things are creating a real problem, though, with enough space for you.

It is no longer a legal issue according to your information and would then be decisions really up to yourselves.

You are wise to be prepared to stand up for yourselves, verbally, in case of any public mischief.

It seems she does not intend, though, to call the police station with lies and games considering the amount of time, without, contact about the things.

Ms. Marisa Belsito