PDA

View Full Version : Instincts

Macs II
10-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Do you think that most of the time a person who feels their spouse or S/O is cheating on them that their instincts are right? Or do you think most of the time it's just jealousy?

I think most of the time a spouse or significant other knows, just some don't want to admit it to themselves.

J*B
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
70/30

Peety
10-09-2008, 12:11 AM
I would say the women never knows untill the last..
Thats cause she is home with the kids and the man is out more,

lynys
10-09-2008, 12:13 AM
I personally believe that any decent person would never cheat on their spouse. It takes a real winner to be deceptive and lie to the one person they vowed tp spend their life with.

I was fooled twice by the same person (the first time, I forgave them) I'll never make that mistake again.

And, luckily for me, I know I won't have to. ;)

Macs II
10-09-2008, 12:14 AM

I disagree ......woman just knows

Macs II
10-09-2008, 12:19 AM
"I was fooled twice by the same person (the first time, I forgave them)"

big mistake ..once a cheater always a cheater

lynys
10-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Agreed! :)

karen1426
10-09-2008, 06:22 AM
:sad:She knows...

Super Gram
10-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you think that most of the time a person who feels their spouse or S/O is cheating on them that their instincts are right? Or do you think most of the time it's just jealousy?

I think most of the time a spouse or significant other knows, just some don't want to admit it to themselves.

Why are you asking this question since it don't apply to you. Trying to find out how the other half live?

Madmax
10-09-2008, 08:50 AM
It is a 50/50 chance that many spouses will cheat, so therefore the chances are good that many instincts are correct.

EyelashExtensions
10-09-2008, 08:53 AM
I think a spouse will know, especially if it happened before(even from a previous relationship). It's not hard to tell really. For the most part I think people are right, if their jealous and accusing then maybe they are the ones cheating.

Madmax
10-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Its the old saying if they ain't fking you like before, then they are fking someone else.

If they seem to not care at that time, then chances are they are doing it with someone else.

BooBooMyKy
10-09-2008, 09:03 AM
It is a 50/50 chance that many spouses will cheat, so therefore the chances are good that many instincts are correct.

its not 50/50....i would never cheat....i never have and i never will, thats not 50/50 its 0/100. As for my spouse, well i trust that he will respect me enough not to cheat and if he ever did i would leave. Many times people are jealous and because of their own insecurities they dont trust their spouse and feel like they might cheat.

Madmax
10-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I don't care about you as it is 50/50 chance that many spouses will cheat.

MANY MANY MANY '''''''''''' see that word...... MANY............. = NOT ALL.

EyelashExtensions
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
See, I think that's where a lot of people make their mistake, trusting their spouse won't cheat. I think people need to trust their spouse, but I also think it's naive to think that it might not happen. All it takes is a feeling of lack of appreciation and one stranger to fill that loss and boom! A long relationship or seemingly good one goes down the toilet. A couple gets busy and a little more distant then usual, one spouse meets a person and they start to cheat. Really its that simple and can be more complicated, depending. I know a few women who absolutely trust their spouse and their spouses are major cheaters. I don't ever want to be the naive woman!

Babzz
10-09-2008, 09:16 AM
My insticts were totally right with my x husband..
The thought popped in my head that he was cheating.. I followed my instints and checked it out and was right..

vixen
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM
I think I would at least want to know so I can pertect myself. I love my other half but if hes not happy or is looking for somthing that I can t give him well by all means... but I promised to stick it out with him good or bad.

Chaotic Chick
10-09-2008, 09:19 AM

Sorry, I just have to say that maybe in the 1950's, that was true. These days, women are not "home with the kids". Before I started college, I was the one working and my husband was the at-home dad. It is more common now. Women are often engrossed with work or school, maybe (men as well) and may not realize that their partner is straying.

Upper Decker
10-09-2008, 09:31 AM
some of the comments made on these boards in recent threads by certain females have set back womens rights back 60 years at least. Good job at continuing to oppress yourselves.

lynys
10-09-2008, 09:36 AM
its not 50/50....i would never cheat....i never have and i never will, thats not 50/50 its 0/100. As for my spouse, well i trust that he will respect me enough not to cheat and if he ever did i would leave. Many times people are jealous and because of their own insecurities they dont trust their spouse and feel like they might cheat.

50/50 is completely accurate!

You either do, or you don't. I can tell you I will never cheat on my SO, because I have too much respect not only for him, but myself as well.

Don't be so sure that leaving is the first thing you would do though if you found out. Surprisingly, leaving is the very LAST thing on your mind when you find out your spouse is cheating. In my experience, wanting him to stay was the thing I wanted more then anything. (although, that was pretty much the dumbest thing ever!) HA!

I learned alot from my experience. I've learned to pay attention to my SO, and not trust blindly. Will he ever cheat on me? No, he never will. But, doesn't mean I won't be watching. ;)

vixen
10-09-2008, 09:37 AM
my comment was made as to how I feel about the topic and as to how I would deal with it. Thats just how I as a person feel. I have told friends before that they should leave their other half if that is how they feel. In no way do I pass judgement on others decisons and expect the same.a question was asked and answered.

Upper Decker
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Excuse me was that necessary?

So you agree that women are only good for being a homemaker and spitting out babies?, because thats the point i seem to be getting from some comments as " a women is always at home with the kids" and so forth. And if i said something like ... Joke of the day: Womens rights, that you would be fine with that. My point being is that i see a lot draconic values that a lot of women have fought vigiliantly to shake off. I disagree with those stereotipical values of what women are.

BooBooMyKy
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
50/50 is completely accurate!

You either do, or you don't. I can tell you I will never cheat on my SO, because I have too much respect not only for him, but myself as well.

Don't be so sure that leaving is the first thing you would do though if you found out. Surprisingly, leaving is the very LAST thing on your mind when you find out your spouse is cheating. In my experience, wanting him to stay was the thing I wanted more then anything. (although, that was pretty much the dumbest thing ever!) HA!

I learned alot from my experience. I've learned to pay attention to my SO, and not trust blindly. Will he ever cheat on me? No, he never will. But, doesn't mean I won't be watching. ;)

I am exactly sure that the first thing i would do is leave, and he know's it too. i have been cheated on in the past(not by my current partner) and i will never put up with it again! I have to much respect for myself to live with someone who cheats . if he cheated then he doesnt love or respect me the way i deserve to be(being the mother of his children). If he want to sleep around then he can, but i wont be there to hold his hand .

SusyQ
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
So you agree that women are only good for being a homemaker and spitting out babies?, because thats the point i seem to be getting from some comments as " a women is always at home with the kids" and so forth. And if i said something like ... Joke of the day: Womens rights, that you would be fine with that. My point being is that i see a lot draconic values that a lot of women have fought vigiliantly to shake off. I disagree with those stereotipical values of what women are.

Read between the lines my dear.

bluekrissyspikes
10-09-2008, 10:04 AM
i was right everytime i thought a s/o was cheating on me but it took me a while to do anything about it cause i felt i needed evidence. the first time i ended up hearing one ex bragging to his uncle about it and i left. the second time i got a letter from a girl(yeah, a girl, 15 i think) telling me that she was pregnant with my bf's baby and wondering if she should tell him or not!!

J*B
10-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Aye carumba.. they don't call the Sault "Sin City" for nothin. :sad:

SusyQ
10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I guess I'm old fashioned if I wasn't happy in a relationship I would call it off first. I've never cheated EVER. Been cheated on but like I told him once WEE WILLY has been used on someone else it's not coming back too me.

bluekrissyspikes
10-09-2008, 10:11 AM
lol...well after he was gone i was glad to be rid of him. i forgot how peaceful my life was before he came into it.

MaO3
10-09-2008, 10:16 AM
We have an understanding in our house. It goes like this.

You cheat on me, I get half your pension and you watch me walk away with it. You never cheat on me, we'll live happily ever after and spend it together.

Nice arrangement, and its worked for us, for 24 years of marriage.

Broken
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
but that's only if you find out he has cheated

MaO3
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Believe me I'd find out, and he knows it. :ssmile:
Actually we have a really great marriage and I know that he'd never cheat on me, just like I'd never cheat on him. :skiss3:

We have a very solid foundation.

Chaotic Chick
10-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Mine can't cheat on me. No one else wants him.

bluekrissyspikes
10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
lol... that's mean!

Chaotic Chick
10-09-2008, 01:00 PM
LOL yeah, I love him like crazy believe it or not! :P I guess someone would want him if I do. lol

bluekrissyspikes
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
if he is nice and does house work i bet there's lots that would be willing to trade!! just not me, i'm happy with what i've got. (: besides i've got his name tattooed on my now so anyone else i'd be with would have to be named calvin too!!

Chaotic Chick
10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
LOL, I wouldn`t be willing to trade mine either. He puts up with me, and helps me with my politics-related homework haha. He may not seem nice to other people, but he is a loving, smart guy so I am pretty happy with him. :P

Barney Rubble
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
I find it ironic and eventual that someone who believes that a woman's job is to do this and that and all the household chores would eventually have their woman cheating on them.

Giggle Squirt
10-09-2008, 08:07 PM
relationships are like cars.. you get all excited because you buy a brand new one and you drive it around show it off.. but after a while you feel like this car is just not doing it for you anymore but it is still an ok car, so you park it in the driveway and you go out and test drive your buddies new dodge charger and take it out for a spin and light up tires on it burn rubber... and then you go back home to your old car, secreatly wishing it was the charger... and occasionally you will drive the old car like it is a charger but it just dosn't have the pony's to throw you back in your seat like the charger does so you are feeling kind of unsatisfied, and you know your buddy is at work and you have a key to his garage, so you go and take his carger for a ride without him knowing, and just the thrill of being sneeky and the thrill of getting caught out weights the risk of everything and you dont' even care if your old car finds out and becomes jealous.

bluekrissyspikes
10-09-2008, 08:23 PM
is that how it is for you?

J*B
10-09-2008, 08:25 PM
That's how it is for cheatin dawgs..

Giggle Squirt
10-09-2008, 08:28 PM
NO, this is not how it is for me, If it were me i would just crush the dam old car and go buy me a new charger but this is how some guy explained it to me LOL. You should hear his car/marriage analagy...

Madmax
10-10-2008, 08:08 AM
relationships are like cars.. you get all excited because you buy a brand new one and you drive it around show it off.. but after a while you feel like this car is just not doing it for you anymore but it is still an ok car, so you park it in the driveway and you go out and test drive your buddies new dodge charger and take it out for a spin and light up tires on it burn rubber... and then you go back home to your old car, secreatly wishing it was the charger... and occasionally you will drive the old car like it is a charger but it just dosn't have the pony's to throw you back in your seat like the charger does so you are feeling kind of unsatisfied, and you know your buddy is at work and you have a key to his garage, so you go and take his carger for a ride without him knowing, and just the thrill of being sneeky and the thrill of getting caught out weights the risk of everything and you dont' even care if your old car finds out and becomes jealous.

Yeah it is nice to know/imagine at times what your buddy is riding, but i draw the line at sharing and test driving any buddies ride.

MissMuffett
10-10-2008, 02:48 PM
classy for sure :S