PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty World at War

mboy67
10-12-2008, 10:24 AM
The beta for the 360 is out, anyone else manage to get a Beta Key. I got mine yesterday and we have been playing on line since. Game looks good and I can't wait for the official release mind you I'm planing on buying the PC version but my son wants the 360 version. lol Guess who will win on what we get lol.

AmdWolfman
10-12-2008, 10:47 AM
lol, cool. Thats what I've been hereing about all the new games coming out becuzz now the gaming industry can make better looking . They are now mind you, but it's just going to get better.

Madmax
10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I am trying to find the PC beta?

mboy67
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
wont find one if you remember they did the same back with #4 and only had the 360 beta.

Madmax
10-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Google it like i mentioned already.

There is exclusive Xbox 360 and PC coming out this month .... Xbox 360 is out now.

AmdWolfman
10-26-2008, 05:26 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/hub

check out some of the trailers.

mboy67
10-28-2008, 10:58 PM
PC Beta Keys are out today so go get one and maybe some of use can get together for some fun.

http://www.callofduty.com/beta/

Upper Decker
10-28-2008, 11:50 PM
got my beta key, waitin for it to finish downloading. Let the mayhem begin :D

Upper Decker
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Pretty fun so far, deathmatches are wayyyy to quick.

B.David
10-29-2008, 01:22 AM
It's pretty good. Not 100% sure on how I feel about the map designs yet though. And, like any COD game, the quality of the campaign plays a big part in whether I purchase the game.

Madmax
10-29-2008, 08:10 AM
I agree with B.David as gameplay is a big factor in whether or not i buy a game. I have not yet got any beta of this game yet, but from trailers and such it looks good.

But >>>>>>>> so did/does far cry 2 and it is only just picking up in weapon play, but thats because i have gained enough diamonds to purchase upgrades for the weapon accuracy and reliability of the weapons not jamming when your shooting, even your own weapons will jam up and you invertently die cause of being bullet riddled by a 1000 bullets in which running and hiding is not an option to do in most cases.

Stealth in many games is a huge factor and i have the MP5 silenced gun in far cry 2 and all weapon upgrades for accuracty and reliability for it and it is still not 100% effective unless at a very close range, but for distance = 200 feet it is not so good unlike COD 4 the MP5 rules in many cases in distance and closeup.

So like in any war game or any game for that matter .... game play and weapon accuratcy and realizm must be there.

I hope in COD world at war that all those factors are there like in COD 4 was really well put together.

Far Cry 2 grahphics is there, realizim needs to be more there in many cases, game play is what i would call BORING in many instances. The driving around is needed to find diamonds, but it gets boring when you drive for miles and not get to kill a dang thing.
Taking the buses helps to elminate the long driving, but is not recommended to do so if you have not got many diamonds yet as they are all over the place in many areas in which driving is needed.

My whole point is i will never buy Far Cry 2 unless it was around the $30.00 range and if COD world at war is in any similar aspect i won' buy it either.

Map design play a big factor as well in if i buy a game or not, but i don;t care if i have to run all around to find someone as long as it is not a extensive effort in doing so.

So please continue your reviews of the beta for me until i can judge it myself, but most in here can give me a decent idea of what it will be like.

AmdWolfman
10-31-2008, 08:26 PM
I bought it today, they'll hold it till the 11th which is release date.

filthy
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Just finished a round of online Beta for PC, certainly has some promise of another good COD title, but is not an entirely new game like when COD4 came out.

Madmax
11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
I pre-ordered the game today.

I also have to state it has been said it is like cod 4 in game play and ranking online as they left i that way as cod 4 was and is so popular.

Madmax
11-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Well installed the online PC beta tonight and within 30 min i am a sargent .. wow that is fast and it was easy.

The game is OK and levels up just like COD 4 plus perks as well are all like COD 4 is, but i must say COD 4 is better in over all maps, but again this new COD world at War is based upon old style weapons and maps from that era... also its too early to tell maps as there is only 3 in the beta.

I like it and i am glad i pre-ordered it as i will enjoy it, i can't wait till i get it.

AmdWolfman
11-04-2008, 10:35 AM
yep, PC version is out on the 11th

mboy67
11-04-2008, 01:00 PM
AmdWolfman have you got a beta key yet? If not go get one from the link I posted above.

Madmax
11-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Well so far it reminds me of cod 4 in online game play style with a few different perks that can be had.

I am at level 20 or 21 right now and it was easy to do, but takes longer now then what cod 4 allowed.

In cod 4 leveling up was fast, like two days, but in this game its taking a lot longer due to the more amount of XP you will needed to reach next rank.

Its fun and i like it and i can't wait until the full release is out.

Madmax
11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Well i managed to get to level 40 = Captain level III the highest that can be had in the Beta and i love it .....

I am getting 130=189 FPS in the game running at 1600 x 1200 no AA, but even at 1920 x 1200 it is 90-160 FPS ... i am running a custom config for this, otherwise it would max out around 90FPS.

The game is awesome so far once you get leveled up and certain perks and all makes it better, cod 4 was awesome and this game is as well ... new perks that were not in cod 4 are some really good ones in this game to achieve.

AmdWolfman
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
I got mine on layaway , prepaid for the 11th of the release of the game. As soon as I seen it on tech-tv I wanted it. Now it's mine, I'm hoping the soonet gamers will come together and go play multiplayer against other teams. We have enuff gamers out here.

Madmax
11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Well the beta is no longer allowed to be played as of today and the real deal will be out tommorow or the next day and i can't wait.

filthy
11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Should be a good game, but I'm not that hyped about it, it's not too different or much better than COD 4.

AmdWolfman
11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
yep, tomorrow it is. I 'm going strate to multi. Play the single mode once in awhile, but for me it's multi.woohoo

Madmax
11-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Yep tommorow it is i was just at EB games and they said that it should be in tommorrow morning ..... woot.

Samething straight to multiplayer for me and play the single once in awhile to get it done.

I want to levle up as fast as possible in multiplayer i say within in 24 hrs of actual play time i should be general.

AmdWolfman
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
i just picked mine up at 11;30. graphics are ok. Playing vetern play. i'm satisfied for now, good game tho.

Madmax
11-11-2008, 02:54 PM
Just picked up the game and without the unlock for the carbine rifle as EB games says it not in shipments that came in right now, so hopefully it will be in the next day or so.

Madmax
11-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Just picked it up and installing it now, I want the carbine unlock soon, hope it comes in at eb games in the next day or two.

I will be going online As soon as it is installed, by the way make sure PB is updated to the latest one.

Madmax
11-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Actually PB should be fine, but there is a NEW PATCH ALREADY.

Here is the patch link and by the way there is no one online yet..... :)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_35712.shtml

Notes:

Mods are now enabled in Co-op, Single Player, and Multiplayer.
Players will now be notified when a new patch is available.
Improvements for SLI support.
G_Spawn: no free entities crash has been fixed.
Server no longer runs out of script variables.
License key is no longer required to run a Dedicated Server.
A Dedicated Server can now be started from the Command Line via Remote Desktop Connection.
Various fixes in Server Browser.
Players will no longer see multiple friend invites from the same friends.
When a player calls in a recon plane in a Hardcore match, the HUD will properly appear.
Clan Tags will now display in game where appropriate.
Map holes fixed
Spawn improvements and weapon balancing

Madmax
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow online maps are awesome ........ huge maps, great game play.

I am already sergeant level II going on III and i only played what for maybe 30 min, once ya get going it is fast leveling up with certain weapons and perks.

I reached Captain in the beta pretty fast and that is all it had to offer in the beta, so i hope i can do it again fast.