PDA

View Full Version : Do You Remember This Local Concert/Festival?

shooter
10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Some of you "old folks" might remember this...

In the seventies there was a big concert/festival with bands and entertainment out a Point Des Chenes in the mid seventies I believe. I have vague recollections of the event (memories not too good from back then). If you do remember it, who were the bands that played? Did you play it? What do you remember from the event?

Reminiscing :)

T_wolfe
10-16-2008, 09:09 AM
ya know Shooter............ I woke up this morning feeling relaxed... confident.. and young minded.... now thats all shot out the door because I do remember that concert but not any particular group names. I do remember the band stage but barley any tunes being played. There was a bikini contest though.... I do remember a few things about that.. There was also a disco dance performance. They were playing alot of the BeeGees THAT I remember. A friend of mine from years ago was in that performance. They Used a transport flatbed trailor for thier stage. The place was packed!!...
Thats about all I remeber and if ya tell anyone I'll deny everything.
LMAO!!!!!!

Xzavia
10-16-2008, 01:01 PM
That was back around the time the Holley Boys was active with their band, they might've played it. Only reason I remember (cause I would've been too young to attend such an event at that time), was because it was back in the late late seventies that they used to practice out in the driveway at the Holley house in Manitou Park. Once that band started up the sound drew everyone young and old out to watch and listen. Randy was one brother, the other (name escapes me at the moment) had a kinda Maurice Giibb/BeeGee look happening at the time. I used to chum around their younger sister, and I thought they were pretty cool!

Sorry...off track, but like I said...it was the right timing, they may have played out there back then.

T_wolfe
10-17-2008, 08:33 AM
I remember the guys name that was in that contest for the dancing... He later became a radio figure here in the Sault.... I may have the spelling wrong but the name is right... Michelle Droulet....

shooter
10-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Ah, good. There are others and it's not just some seventies bad dream I had of this concert.

Yes, I do remember the flat bed as the stage and the bikini contest! Yeah, I remember that one :) Disco dancing contest! I don't remember that! I hate disco!

Well, that's it. No more old folks here? Or else the effects of age have set in :)