PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Wireless Controller for PC?

Madmax
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Ok anyone ever try this out with the wireless receiver they offer for the wireless controller and if so how well does it work?

Strife
10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
No I have never tried the wireless controller but there is a driver out there for the wired 360 controllers that to my knowledge, works flawlessly.

Madmax
10-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah i know there is for wired, but i have a wireless one which requires the reciever. Well i may pickup the wireless reciever soon and be the guinea pig and find out.

If all is well it should work flawlessly on Vista 64 bit ... I hope.

Strife
10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
You should know by now that nothing works flawlessly on Vista lol

Madmax
10-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Well i went and bought it and it works flawlessly like many other things in Vista, i have no issues what so ever with Vista 64 bit Ultimate with any of my hardware i use. I did have to down the drivers for Vista 64-bit from MS's site, but there was a link from the CD to go that page ...... very very easy and poof it worked like a charm.

The wireless reciever is 100% working awesome ... i am playing Devil May Cry 4 and it is way better with a MS wireless controller. I have the play and charge pack as well so thats a good option .. i have had the controller and charge + play pack for alomst a year now since owning my Xbox 360 (sold it though).

I figure i may as well get some use out the controller and play + charge pack which was my intent months ago with lost planet, but i never got around to it.

I am playing 1600 x 1200 in Devil May Cry 4 as there is not higher option and i am runng DX10 mode .... testing showed aroud 97-110 FPS all maxed settings too and that is pretty awesome on a 24 inch monitor.

filthy
10-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I have had one for over a year, and it works great. Nice option for a lot of games.