PDA

View Full Version : Anyone playing Race Driver Grid for the PC

Madmax
10-18-2008, 06:08 PM
As the title states and how do you like it so far and is it better with a controller or steering wheel?

http://www.racedrivergrid.com/?territory=EnglishUK#/home/

There is a demo ... hmm i shall try it out if it is still available ... before i get the full game.

Boondock
10-19-2008, 04:02 AM
I downloaded and played it with the 360 controller. Not once could me or anyone of my buddies beat a single race and end up in the top 3 on the easiest difficulty. I really wanted to like the game but the slightest screw up and your spinning around like a mad man.

Madmax
10-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I downloaded and played it with the 360 controller. Not once could me or anyone of my buddies beat a single race and end up in the top 3 on the easiest difficulty. I really wanted to like the game but the slightest screw up and your spinning around like a mad man.

OMG i was just going to this right now ... i thought i was like usuless on this game.

I usually play such games on normal or higher and even on basic it is hard and yeah one spin out it is very hard to get back to the line up of cars.

I managed to get the game downloaded last night and said screw the demo download... :)

I have got into the top 5 or top 3 in only 4 out of 6 races so far and only once on Normal .. the rest were on basic .... man its not hard turning and stuff the controller is AWESOME, but its the cars they give you that are either WAY OFF in handling or to slow to catchup.

I had to restart races over and over to finally get what was required. I am still about 30,000 dollars shy of money i need for my firts cra build which is the beginning of the game .. i think maybe after this is aquired you can build your car better and tune it so you can race it and not the GAMES cars.

Time will tell if that is true or not ... oh and i am on the WORLD RACE not the RACE DAY challenges right now.

Anyhoo the game graphics and realizim is 100% perfect in many scenarios, game play on the other hand reminds me of grand turismo where you must get ahead and stay there or you will lose if you wipe out or get hit from behind and many cars pass you .. then your screwed.

I got mad when i was in second place and on lap 3 of a 3 lap race and a car from behind hit me and i lost that race .. well i started it over and could never get back to even 4th . that sucks.

Boondock
10-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm glad you have the patience to keep going. I just couldn't deal with it anymore and uninstalled. If your looking for a real good racing game to use the 360 controller with beautiful graphics try Flatout 2. The reviews don't do the game justice. It's extremely fun if your even slightly into arcade racers. I've had it installed for over 5 months and it's still not boring.

AmdWolfman
10-19-2008, 03:25 PM
lol, max.Buy a used toyota mazda, or a imprezza. gran tourismo4 is still good even comparing the newer pro-logue for the game. We were using his 52" plasma. sweeeeet game. I'll be picking up a PS3 after x-mas

Madmax
10-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Well i am still playing this and i am way beyond the rookie RACE levels in the game, i have won alot of races anywhere from 1st - 3rd most of the time.

I played on basic or normal for most of the races .. i have over 2 millon in money and 1.9 million in cars.