PDA

View Full Version : dont' bother

bluekrissyspikes
10-18-2008, 05:25 PM
if anyone is planning to go to the big toy sale at zellers, don't even bother. they don't have any of the things on sale and, i'm told, don't even stock most of them.(at least not at station mall) they do have a few half off clearance toys but nothing good. i even went early in the morning so i wouldn't be left out, it was crazy busy and there was ALOT of angry people there.
they do have all their summer kids clothes on sale though, so if you are like me and you are into looking for summer clothes out of season to save money, they are half off the lowest ticketed sale price.

H.E. Pennypacker
10-19-2008, 10:49 AM
that's why i never go to the one at the station mall.

GoldDogs
10-19-2008, 11:45 AM
I thought if something was in the flyer they had to have it? And if they didn't have it it was because they were sold out. Just not having it ever.. and things not being on sale as the flier says is false advertising or something isn't it?

Either way, thanks for letting us know. Thats pretty lame of Zellers.

H.E. Pennypacker
10-19-2008, 11:50 AM
depends if it says selection may vary by store....as well as limited quantities, no rainchecks..that covers their butts

GoldDogs
10-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Well that is pretty scummy. If it is going to be like that they should put down what stores are participating.

Peety
10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
That annoys me to no end,,
Its almost like they get 3 things in,,And don't plan on getting any more.

Mimi
10-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Check your receipts for the sale prices at zellers.
Yesterday I had 4 things that were supposed to be on sale and nothing rang up on sale. Then I had to argue with the cashier and the items were right in the flyer she had.
I am glad I caught it while checking out, cause otherwise you have to stand in line at customer service.
They must have had a lot of corrections to do. Lots of people don't even look at their bills and they would be paying the wrong amounts.

Peety
10-19-2008, 02:12 PM
That happens to me all the time..

Chaotic Chick
10-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Zellers rarely has any toys we want for the kids. I usually get their toys at Wal-Mart, especially my daughter's Bratz dolls and my son's Legos.

We also watch when they scan anything at Zellers because they do often make mistakes. Had one thing scan in wrong there today, as well as some Advil we bought at the pharmacy. If it wasn't for me, my husband would not even have noticed!

Simba
10-19-2008, 06:14 PM
I rarely shop at Zellers. I don't think that store is going to last too long. One would think they would be more competative now that we have Wal-Mart.

Chaotic Chick
10-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Most of the time, when we do go to Zellers, it is out of convenience. Or, if we cannot find something at Sears or Wal-Mart, we go to Zellers. Today, it was just convenient lol.

bluekrissyspikes
10-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Check your receipts for the sale prices at zellers.
Yesterday I had 4 things that were supposed to be on sale and nothing rang up on sale. Then I had to argue with the cashier and the items were right in the flyer she had.
I am glad I caught it while checking out, cause otherwise you have to stand in line at customer service.
They must have had a lot of corrections to do. Lots of people don't even look at their bills and they would be paying the wrong amounts.

the same thing happened to me when i was there. after not finding any of the on sale toys, i went to look at the clothes they had on sale(got the kids some jammies) and none of them came up on sale and i had to go get a flyer to show the cashier that it really was on sale. she also told us the pop we got wasn't on sale and charged us for twice as many as we got. i don't usually have problems there but i'm glad i checked my receipt before i left.

sereenie
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I acually like zellers,On the hill i think its a very good place to shop.

Peety
10-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I am so glad I am just about done my xmas shopping..

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
10-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Zellers stinks. I remember when they were the only department stores here and we could never find what we wanted. Thank goodness for Walmart. The majority of the time they have what I am looking for...

bluekrissyspikes
10-20-2008, 08:01 AM
I am so glad I am just about done my xmas shopping..

:sad: i've barely even started mine. i wish i could cancel x-mas this year. lol.

bluekrissyspikes
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
I acually like zellers,On the hill i think its a very good place to shop.

i go there a lot. i don't usually have much problems. it just pisses me off when they pull stuff like that cause i really, really wanted to get the giant tonka trucks for the boys and some little people things. i felt like i got sucked in and their plan worked, they got me in the store and i bought stuff i wasn't planning on buying but couldn't find the things they advertised. i'll still shop there though. it's the closest place to my house.

H.E. Pennypacker
10-20-2008, 04:48 PM
i go there a lot. i don't usually have much problems. it just pisses me off when they pull stuff like that cause i really, really wanted to get the giant tonka trucks for the boys and some little people things. i felt like i got sucked in and their plan worked, they got me in the store and i bought stuff i wasn't planning on buying but couldn't find the things they advertised. i'll still shop there though. it's the closest place to my house.

considering you really really wanted them, you can ask one of the managers to call other stores to get one transferred in for you (no extra charge)

bluekrissyspikes
10-20-2008, 06:02 PM
do they really do that? i've never heard of that.

Xzavia
10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah they do, used to do that all the time when I worked there. They'll at least try, no guarantees I'd imagine if it's a hot ticket/popular item.

I like Zeller's, I go to both of them frequently. I like it because they aren't as hectic as Walmart. Don't get me wrong, I like Walmart but I like having the option of both stores Walmart and Zellers. Zellers has a lot of different stuff Walmart doesn't, their clothes are different too, which is nice as it gives you more to choose from. IMO

GRUMPY
10-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I stopped shopping at Zeller's a long time ago, I had boughten around 10 items and around 6 were marked wrong (you never find things marked for less it seems) and I was fed up so I told them to forget the whole thing and left them at the checkout. Ended up going to Wally World and bought them there. If Wally puts some stores out of business its not Wally's fault.

bluekrissyspikes
10-24-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah, too bad walmart is in such an inconvenient place.

Chaotic Chick
10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Wal Mart is inconvenient, but they get way more of my business. More often than not, when I go to the cashier, the item scans in as less. Last time, it was a really nice dressy jacket. It said $39, marked down to $19 but scanned in as $4.00 LOL! Same with the two sets of sheets I bought there; scanned in as much less when I went to pay for them. At Zellers, the scanner always errs on the side of the store. BLAH!

EyelashExtensions
10-28-2008, 12:11 AM
I love zellers! Not the one in the mall though. They have way more toys then walmart. I love how walmart sends out flyers with the big yellow happy face guy and then you read that its their everyday price and not a sale price! I often wonder how many people think the stuff is on sale. Every time I've gone to zellers they have always given me a rain check if need be. Unless things have changed....