PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero: World Tour

\m/ Rich \m/
10-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Got ym hands on it for the wii. a lot of fun, and i only have a guitar. definitely gonna need the rest of the instruments. i really like how they also included a bass career.

Only about 3 venues in, will post more later.

B.David
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Yeah, we got the game in at work a few days ago. Haven't tried it yet though, as we also got Resistance 2 for PS3, and I'm trying to beat it before anything else... unfortunately, I think we get Gears of War 2 in tomorrow, so R2 will be on the back burner automatically.

B.David
10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Well, Resistance 2 sucks (my opinion... but original Resistance lover's will love the new one). Anyway, brought home Fallout 3, FarCry 2, and GH World Tour.

I've had a chance to do a few Quickplay songs in GH, including both Ozzy tunes, Misery Business, La Bamba, and Santeria. Ozzy charts on hard difficulty are quite fun. Mr Crowley is wonderful on expert difficulty. Unfortunately, Crazy Train's expert chart, while playable, it's not nearly as FUN as I was hoping. Misery Business on expert is my biggest letdown... doesn't feel fun at all, and it's one of my favorite Paramore songs.

I'm sure the Guitar Hero fans will love the game, but I'm sticking with Harmonix, and will purchase GH World Tour's game only when EB Games has it on their $10 deal next year.

filthy
10-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Hard to post until I have drums....they are the highlight of the kit.

\m/ Rich \m/
10-25-2008, 06:13 AM
i agree, but i started playing the bass career, and i gotta tell you, the open note adds a whole new dimension.. as the experienced player i am, i found that note ****ed me up a lot.

Just got my hands on a mic, starting the vox career, on hard. I'll let you know how it goes.

So far my overall impression is fun songs, easy charts. I hate a lot of the songs, but i basically just strum till they're over.

I agree that Crazy train was disappointing. It's hard to even put my finger on the hardest chart. biggest trouble i had on guitar career was the zakk battle. i'm about 85% through, and really dont see any trouble the rest of the way through. ive already played through trapped under ice.

Kinda disappointed to see no "Through The Fire And Flames" type song, but i thinkg GH has gone the RB1 route to just introduce the new instruments and feel, whereas the DLC and next game will step the difficulty up.

rmkryan
10-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Is the game worth buying?

filthy
10-25-2008, 11:12 AM
I can tell you tomorrow after its released...lol. I like Rock Band 2, but I want the new drum kit with the 3 cymbals more.

rmkryan
10-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought it was out already and thats why he was posting?

\m/ Rich \m/
10-25-2008, 04:18 PM
uh no... its released on sunday... my "mateys" made it available for me.

yarrrrr.

B.David
10-25-2008, 11:30 PM
I love Guitar Hero 1 & 2 when Harmonix was developing it. I thought GH Aerosmith sucked, and overall, I dislike Guitar Hero 3 as well. Most of the songs, with a few exceptions, are not FUN to play. They made it all about difficulty.

I'll buy the software for World Tour, when it goes on sale at EB Games for $10. That's how I got the Guitar Hero 3 software... one day $10 sale. It's definitely not worth $60 to me though. I'll stick with Harmonix and Rock Band 1 & 2.

\m/ Rich \m/
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
I love Guitar Hero 1 & 2 when Harmonix was developing it. I thought GH Aerosmith sucked, and overall, I dislike Guitar Hero 3 as well. Most of the songs, with a few exceptions, are not FUN to play. They made it all about difficulty.

That's what i enjoy about it... i only play on expert, and the harder the better.

rmkryan
10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Let me know when its 10 bucks! lol

mercifulpenguin
10-26-2008, 11:36 AM

I'll buy the software for World Tour, when it goes on sale at EB Games for $10. That's how I got the Guitar Hero 3 software... one day $10 sale. It's definitely not worth $60 to me though. I'll stick with Harmonix and Rock Band 1 & 2.

WHAAAAAAAAAT? Proof? i'd pick up game only for 10 bucks

B.David
10-26-2008, 11:42 AM
It was a one day sale back in June... every day had different deals. I picked up a few Wii, 360, and PS3 games up at $10 each, brand new.

mercifulpenguin
10-26-2008, 12:34 PM
ohhhh ok i remember that now, i thought you meant when it came out, lol
also, it was only 4.99 used (number 3) that was sick

\m/ Rich \m/
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM
doies anyone wanna play some WT on the wii? pm me with your friend code!

mercifulpenguin
10-26-2008, 11:01 PM
i rented it for 360, s'pretty fun, definitely a few challenging songs (or maybe im just rusty) where the he11 is the store tho? lol, i couldnt find it

\m/ Rich \m/
10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
on the wii the store is right inside the Nintendo WFC area. music store is right with the online play portion.

B.David
10-27-2008, 06:22 PM
Heh, when I was in EB Games earlier, 4 in a row were returning GH World Tour bundles and taking Rock Band 2 bundles instead. I laughed... and silently applauded.

Also, got my Little Big Planet pre-order code finally.

mercifulpenguin
10-27-2008, 08:40 PM
ya i keep hearing Rock Band 2 is better, i just found the guitar charts in the first one to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too easy

B.David
10-27-2008, 09:04 PM
Rock Band charts are definitely easier, but there's a lot of tough ones too, including some really tough download content now. But, Guitar Hero used to be about pure fun, not difficulty. When Harmonix left the mix, Guitar Hero went a completely different direction.

Strife
10-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I find that after playing World Tour, I still prefer Rock Band than GH. The note charts may be easier but the notes dont fly at you so fast. On Hard, the notes in RB are challenging and come at you fast enough that its fun, but slow enough so that it isnt too challenging.

I think for when Rock Band 3 comes, they should come up with a similar design to the GH4 drum kit. Also on the GH4 guitar, there is a finger slide so it makes it easier to hit long strings of hammer-ons and pull-offs, especially the ones that go from green to orange in sequence and vice-versa.

Intangible
10-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Do you have to buy the new guitar?

Strife
10-30-2008, 07:52 PM
You dont have to buy the new guitar. The GH3 guitar will work with World Tour. If you buy the bundle, the drum kit, new guitar, and mic come with the game software.