PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cheer Stuff A Bus......

Little Nutty
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
So its that time of year again and the Bus is Back!

The Bus will be at Zellers on Northern Avenue from 10 am to 2 pm this Saturday to kick off the month-long collection.

We need the community's involvement to fill the Bus!

Gather your new and gently used toys , along with any non-perishible food items and bring them to the bus,or drop them in any of the boxes located on the regular transit buses. As well, they will collect any monetary donations on the Stuff a Bus only.

Hope to see a large turn out for this event!!

EyelashExtensions
10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Oh nice for you to post it!! I have tons of toys that are from last Christmas my daughter hasn't played with at all! Video game systems and everything. I will try to make it there.

CANDY_74
10-24-2008, 06:03 PM
I didnt think they took used clothes? Thats what I was told before (I can't remember who told me)....

Ive got a garbage bag or 2 of clothes if they'll take them, and Im sure I'll have some toys too.

If anyone could pick up the stuff as I don't drive Id appreciate it.....
PM me

EyelashExtensions
10-26-2008, 10:54 PM
If its childrens clothes the Algoma Health Unit will take them for their community closet.

Dragonfly
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Does anyone know who will pick up winter coats?? I have a few teen/adult coats that we are not using anymore. I dont have vehicle so I cant bring them anywhere and I refuse to bring them to value village. I want to make sure ppl who need them get them..

Little Nutty
10-30-2008, 07:07 PM
ok so as promised heres the schedule for the bus guys,

They will be set up for the Launch of the 2008 campaign at the Zellers in the Northern Plaza, this Saturday Nov 1st from 10am to 2 pm.

Saturday Nov 8th - Canadian Tire - 10 am to 2 pm

Saturday Nov 15th - Walmart - 10 am to 2pm AND Teddy Bear toss @ the greyhound game right after the 1st Greyhound goal

Saturday Nov 22nd - Galaxy Cinema - 9:30am to 10:30am AND Zellers(Station Mall) - 10:30 to 2pm

Friday Nov 28th - Canadian Tire Night to Remember - 8am to midnight

Saturday Nov 29th - Q104 Radio Sation 10am to 2pm

All that is collected will be presented to the Christmas Cheer Depot the first week of December.

They will gladly accept new and gently used toys, as well as any non-perishible food items. As well, they will accept any monetary donations and forward the collection to the fine folks at Christmas Cheer to purchase any items needed to help fill the baskets that are distributed.

Last year they stuffed a bus and a half, they hope to exceed that this year. Please come out and support a worthwhile cause.

Little Nutty
11-07-2008, 08:02 PM
keep up the community support!!

Dragonfly
11-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I was just wondering if we can drop off toys into the boxes on the regular buses. like i have a couple grocery bags full, can they be dropped in just like that? or do they need to be gift wrapped or something?

Little Nutty
11-14-2008, 10:49 AM
pls do not wrap anything as they will have to unwrap it and see what it is to start with and yes they can be dropped off on any city bus. There are boxes on the buses for that purpose

Little Nutty
11-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey everybody!

We've added another site to the roster.

The Bus will be at the Churchill Plaza A&P, this Saturday from 3pm until 6pm.

The Bus is filling up and we hope to STUFF THAT BUS!!!

Hope to see some soonetters there!

Happy Holidays to All!!! :teeth::xmsmile::teeth::xmwink:

Little Nutty
11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
bumping this up
:)