PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Winter Coats

Simba
10-27-2008, 11:16 AM
I have to go shopping tonight to get my son who is 10 a new winter coat. Not sure where to get one this year. I got one from Walmart last year and I have continuous problems with zippers. Where did everyone else get them this year? I'm tired of wasting money on crap.

Forever Wandering
10-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Sears has a bunch of there winter outerwear on sale right now (or they did on the weekend) and it was 40% off!

bluekrissyspikes
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
yup, i got mine at sears too. i actually got them from the website. they have some good sales. both my kids new snowsuits for less than a hundred bucks... sears has some really nice bigger size ones too.

Xzavia
10-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Joe's Sports usually has some good quality (heavy zippers), nice looking 2-piece suits for about $140.00 (I think), or maybe it was $99.00. I bought both boys 2-piece suits there 2 years ago and they'll get another year out of them this year. Extremely durable, they have the snaps so if you buy it a size or two too big you can snap up the pants to make them shorter. Nice colours too, as well as that silverish kinda flourescent piping on them so it reflects the light so they can be seen at night. The material seems heavier, more durable than the ones I bought them before. 2 winters already out of them and still in great shape!

blueeyedgirl
10-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I bought my sons at the Hart store. No problems with it so far and he is nice and warm.

Simba
10-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys!

Chaotic Chick
10-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Sears is the best, because they will fix the zippers if they break. I just went and bought my ten year old son a snowsuit there.They were not on sale when I bought them though. Argh, I spent $139 on his lol.

EyelashExtensions
10-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Once upon a child! Awesome deals for kids all ages, gently used most people wouldn't even know it was. Technically your buying recycled and name brands for a fraction of the cost.

Giggle Squirt
10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
tell me about walmart and zippers. last year i bought myself a jacket their, went to the parking lot. put it on got in my car and the zipper pulled out. i went through three jackets with my son's snow suit last year they were plastic and kept busting. he like to play in the snow and the plastic zippers and zipper pulls just didn't do it.

Giggle Squirt
10-28-2008, 10:43 PM
oh i got my baby a columbia suit from kiddie kobbler this year no suit for the older boy yet. :(

funontheark
10-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Sears is the best, because they will fix the zippers if they break. I just went and bought my ten year old son a snowsuit there.They were not on sale when I bought them though. Argh, I spent $139 on his lol.
Only with a hassle. I had to bring my daughters in to get fixed last year. They did such a shoddy job. The seams were crooked, threads were out all over the place and it ended up breaking again. They wanted to send it to the seamtress again and I told them that it would make it worse and we didn't have a jacket for our daughter to wear while they took 3 days to fix. They didn't know about their own Sears Advantage policy about replacing the jacket. I had to print off their own policy and show them and then have the manager approve. Onlt to have the sales clerks call me a few choice names that my daughter overheard while I went and looked at new jackets. Never again. I had always bought winter wear at Sears but after the hassle I won't again. I bought my daughter's jacket from Land's End this year. I got a beautiful Down jacket for $49..came to approx. $69 with exchange and shipping costs right to my door.
easy return policy and took less than a week to come in. her snow pants I will get from Zellers where they honour their Wear and Tear policy!

Jackie B
10-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Did you need the receipt to get the zipper fixed? I bought two winter coats and snow pants from Sears at the end of the season two winters ago, so last winter was their first winter worn, and both zippers are toast. Not too happy about it considering they were originally $150 snow suits.

Chaotic Chick
10-31-2008, 07:09 AM
That sucks, Jackie. And when I bought my kids' coats a couple of weeks ago, the salesperson at Sears told me I would have to have my receipt in order to have the zippers repaired. You could call and see though. You never know!

Simba
10-31-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't fall for the "fixing of the zipper" crap. I look at it this way, I paid 60 bux for a coat and ski pants, therefore, if the zipper breaks, you better give me a new one, nevermind fixing the damn thing.

Evangeline
11-01-2008, 02:15 AM

You have 30 days for a price adjustment, all you need to do is bring your receipt in when they are on sale next, probably this weekend, but I'm not sure as I don't get the flyer.

You do need your receipt for repairs, but if it's a coat that we all recognise a lot of the time it can done for you. When the seamstresses get busy they do work really quick and there have been a few times when they have messed up, but it doesn't happen a lot.

The warranty is "repair or replace", if a month after you bought it, it fell apart, zipper broke, ect then it gets replaced, if it's been a long time since you bought it and the problems are from wear and tear, then it gets repaired. Like if the knees wear out after a year, they arn't going to give you a new snowsuit, or if the zipper is missing prongs from your child ripping the zipper apart instead of using the the pull. (and you know they do it when you are not looking if they don't do it when you are!) If after a year the snowsuit or whatever still fits and it's coming apart at a seam for no reason then yes it would probably be replaced.

But if you bought the coat a week ago and your child got their sleeve caught on a nail or something sharp and tore it open, don't expect a new jacket, you can tell the difference!

And $60 for a snowsuit is a really good deal! LOL