PDA

View Full Version : AC~DC Rock Band Track Pack

filthy
11-05-2008, 02:52 AM
This is Rock Band at some of it's finest to date...

Only place that had it in town was Wally World...$39.99 tho :-(

It does have 18 master recordings from a Live show and the game is a standalone with quickplay, training ect..

Strife
11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Even though I have been killing to play "Thunderstruck", I wont pay $40 to do it. Now if they release it for DLC, I'll buy it with MS Points.

B.David
11-05-2008, 09:59 AM
I brought our rental copy home from work a couple days ago, used the the 'one time use' code on the rear of the manual, and downloaded the tracks for use in Rock Band & Rock Band 2. :)

The AC DC Live Album is probably some of the best charted work I've seen for Rock Band. Unfortunately, the Thunderstruck intro kicks my ass on expert difficulty... Doesn't help that its the 1st song as well.

Strife
11-05-2008, 10:48 AM
There's a code on the bac k of the manual? I had no idea it was there. If I could download the tracks via DLC for free, why the heck not lol.

filthy
11-05-2008, 02:13 PM
It will never be available as DLC on XBOX or PS3. And as for using the code to export on a rental copy, well it will work for the first person, but anytime after that when someone tries to export it again using the same code....the first user could be suspended from XBOX Live / PSN.

hemi_69
11-05-2008, 02:59 PM
walmart is the only place allowed to carry it becaus eof a pre existing agreement with ac/dc. and ac/dc doesnt believe in downloading therefore it won't be available as DLC either, they don't even have anythign available on itunes to downlaod.

Asparas
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Speaking of track packs... anyone here about the 20 free DLC songs that were supposed to be made available yesterday?

hemi_69
11-05-2008, 05:44 PM
they havent been released yet, when they are you can find out here

http://register.rockband.com/faq.html

hemi_69
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
walmart is the only place allowed to carry it becaus eof a pre existing agreement with ac/dc. and ac/dc doesnt believe in downloading therefore it won't be available as DLC either, they don't even have anythign available on itunes to downlaod.

apparently what i read was incorrect ( http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/10/20/acdc-rock-band-answers/ ) as EBGames is carrying it and have it in stock

B.David
11-05-2008, 11:46 PM
It will never be available as DLC on XBOX or PS3. And as for using the code to export on a rental copy, well it will work for the first person, but anytime after that when someone tries to export it again using the same code....the first user could be suspended from XBOX Live / PSN.

Not true. The code simply will not work. It'd be bad business sense of Microsoft or Sony to do something stupid like that. They know thousands of renters will use the code, and if they banned the 1st user afterwards, what do they gain? Nothing.

No matter to me anyway, I ripped the page off and tossed it out after using the code. But for anyone else wanting to do the same thing, go ahead, its safe.

filthy
11-06-2008, 12:08 AM
That exclusiveness was US only, Canada anyone can sell it.

20 Free DLC was supposedly already doen Tuesday for XBOX and tomorrow for PS3. Must consider you have to have your code for it and there's more "lag" in the distribution of said code...lolz

filthy
11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Not true. The code simply will not work. It'd be bad business sense of Microsoft or Sony to do something stupid like that. They know thousands of renters will use the code, and if they banned the 1st user afterwards, what do they gain? Nothing.

No matter to me anyway, I ripped the page off and tossed it out after using the code. But for anyone else wanting to do the same thing, go ahead, its safe.

I am speaking from and of experience.

filthy
11-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Speaking of track packs... anyone here about the 20 free DLC songs that were supposed to be made available yesterday?

"Release of the 20 free songs has been tempoarily stopped as of November 5, 2008 due to technical difficulties."

hemi_69
11-06-2008, 05:00 PM
just got my email with the code for the downloads

filthy
11-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Ditto, about an hour ago.

Asparas
11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
same!

hemi_69
11-07-2008, 10:58 AM
anyone download the songs yet? i haven't had a chance, just wondering what they were

Strife
11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
To whoever has played it, is it worth the $40 to buy? I have called Blockbuster and Rogers and they dont have any so I cant rent it and lately I have been spending money on games that collect dust. I dont want to spend 40-50 bucks on a game that will collect dust.

\m/ Rich \m/
11-08-2008, 04:16 AM
just split on it with a friend a we beat it in one sitting, no fails - both of us on expert. guitar/drums.

sad sad waste. couple decent tunes but for the most part was pretty crappy.

B.David
11-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I thought almost every track was fun to play myself. I'm not in it for the challenge though, just the fun factor.

filthy
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Same for me, fun factor of playin some good AC~DC tunes, wish Who Made Who was added...

Strife
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Well I went out and bought it and I was pleasantly surprised. Although it was a bit pricey for 18 songs, most of them are quality songs. I have been wanting to play Thunderstruck for quite some time. Ever since I got my hands on GH3, I wanted to play Thunderstruck, so having now played it, its a real bonus. Plus the ability to have them exported is great too. However I dont think that all of that is worth the $40 price tag though. That was the only downfall.

\m/ Rich \m/
11-08-2008, 11:12 PM
thunderstruck, dirty deeds, highway to hell, for those about to rock and tnt were about the only ones that did it for me, i just found a lot of the guitar charts to be really boring, plus there was just so much frickin extra crap with all the open spots where they rile the crowd and stuff (i DO realize its a live album), but to me it just took away from the continuity of the songs. also having a big finish at the end of just about every single song was irritating too. we broke 100k on the ending bonus of let there be rock. (also something i realize is basically necessary to fill the big endings that they seems to finish withon every song.)

i dunno i just felt it was lacking.

Strife
11-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Yeah me and my friend got over 100k on the ending bonus aswell. We had about 4.25 stars already and that gave us a 5 star on that song. What would have been nice is if they had unlockables on the ACDC disc. Perhaps the album or master versions of some of the songs would have been nice. It would have deleted the "rile of the crowd" on some of the songs.

Killswitch
11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I just picked this up this afternoon and ripped through a few tunes. I think the game is pretty fun. It's about time we had some AC/DC tunes for RockBand. I haven't played any songs on the drums yet since AC/DC drumming is fairly basic. lol
However for $30 on the PS2, I can't complain.