PDA

View Full Version : Image Gallery: Windows 7 -- A closer look at your next OS?

403_forbidden
11-05-2008, 01:33 PM
http://itworldcanada.com/articles/windows7/index.htm

I think Microsoft claims this one will save the world and bring world peace....LOLOLO

Hans
11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
What does it do for the average user that makes it worth upgrading?

Madmax
11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
If its FREE i will get it.... :)

Andre
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
What does it do for the average user that makes it worth upgrading?

So far, from what I've read. It's smaller than Vista. Takes less resources, and has more XP drivers/compatibility.

Hans
11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
To me it sounds almost easier to just stick with XP, lol.

Madmax
11-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Its a nice OS based on windows server 2008, but slimmed down more then Vista has, like windows mail and other junk we don't need.

Its suppose to be Faster then Vista which now Vista with SP1 even is super fast on many high-end machines, so therefore this new OS if it is faster then Vista then it will be one heck of an OS they have made thusfar.

I may buy it or get it for free to try before i buy.

It looks like Vista in every aspect cause they will be using the same interface as Vista.

Upper Decker
11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
friend of mine has a leaked alpha copy. so far i couldnt distinguish it from vista. aside from the taskbard and other minute things that look like they could have been done with a 3rd party app. but it seems legit.

403_forbidden
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I also think that they want to capture the corporate crowd with this one as M$ was not able to do that with VISTA. M$ launch VISTA touting DX10 as the big thing and most gamers never seen a need to go to DX10, so it killed VISTA sales. Corporations didn't want anything to do with VISTA due to incompatibilities and stability issues. We frequently get calls from M$ reps asking about getting us into their TAP program to get onboard with Windows 7 which we may do; it's up to the higher ups. I know the corporate world is looking more seriously at Windows 7 and Office 14.

Hans
11-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Its a nice OS based on windows server 2008, but slimmed down more then Vista has, like windows mail and other junk we don't need.

Its suppose to be Faster then Vista which now Vista with SP1 even is super fast on many high-end machines, so therefore this new OS if it is faster then Vista then it will be one heck of an OS they have made thusfar.

I may buy it or get it for free to try before i buy.

It looks like Vista in every aspect cause they will be using the same interface as Vista.

Faster is a relative term based on how well/fast an application runs. The issue is that by next year applications will require more memory then this year. We are already running into issues with getting low on memory due to the 32 bit adressing limit.
They should really switch to 64 bit first and drop 32 bit native support. This will ensure future applications do not get bogged down by memory adressing issues.

CBMAC2001
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
this works great they took all the good parts of vista that people actually liked and put it in a xp operating system . you wont have trouble installing your favorite game or software, with no worries of it not being compatible like vista.run's on xp drivers and i have installed it on a few laptops and computers and no complaints at all.here is the link to download it from rapidshare it is fully activated and takes all updates at microsoft. http://www.blitzwarez.net/software/27292-windows-xp-sp3-xp-viena-edition-2009-a.html

Madmax
11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Bah i run Visat 64-bit no issues what so ever, so i think i will stay with it, unless THE OFFICIAL windows 7 s must faster, but Visat 64-bit on my PC is fast, so it would have to be very significantly faster.

403_forbidden
11-07-2008, 01:53 PM
This may answer your question about how fast Windows 7 is:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2921

Mind you this is still very early builds, but it is encouraging that the early pre-release is faster than Windows VISTA. Also, I assume these builds are 32 bit versions, and most articles don't mention what version they are using. I have also yet to come across anyone trying to do any gaming benchmarks; maybe it is too early to tell.