PDA

View Full Version : 14 month old daughter

KelBear
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
My daughter is now 14 months old. She seems to have an unusual amount of fevers for no apparent reason. We have rushed her to the doctors office on a few occasions only to find nothing. The fever goes away after a couple of days with no other symptoms. Well today .. again she wakes up with a fever, she is irritable and has been sleeping all day. I am returning to work on Monday full-time and I am so worried about being away from her. I have another child that never had fevers like this.. what could be wrong with her??? Any thoughts??

blueeyedgirl
04-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Is she cutting a tooth? Some children get fevers when they are cutting teeth.

KelBear
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
she might be.. and I asked the same of my doctor. and he said that the only reason they would get a fever when teething is if they get an infection where the tooth breaks through, and she doesn't have any that are breaking thru!!

goodasgold
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I would say tooth also. My daughter would get fevers also, but within a few days I could feel where the tooth was coming in. Could her molars be coming in. My daughter is 15 months and her 3rd and 4th molars just broke through.

CyLixx
04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I think my kids got fevers once in awhile with their teeth cutting..If there is nothing else wrong than I can see it..I mean every child reacts differently..some get rashes some drool like crazy...some scream and cry..

heintzman
04-12-2007, 10:25 PM
has she been tested for a bladder infection? could be,,, hard to detect.

KelBear
04-13-2007, 01:16 PM
She kept us up all night lastnight.. fever and crying.. at one point if she didn't stop crying soon I was going to take her to the hospital. But we got her calmed down and fever went away.. I have check her gums over and over.. don't feel anything there.. I have no clue!!!

MissMuffett
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
maybe she has an ear infection??
upset belly?

KelBear
04-17-2007, 12:09 AM
well.. we went to emerg tonight.. no ear infection... no throat infection.. just a cold.. my poor girl is so sick.. she hasn't eaten in 4 days.. thank god she is drinking!!!

Genny
04-17-2007, 12:15 AM
wow kelbear--glad its not an infection--but a young child that is sick its really hard on the parents--keep giving her drinks

MissMuffett
04-30-2007, 09:47 AM
hey kelbear, how is your daughter doing now?

Tutones
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KelBear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She kept us up all night lastnight.. fever and crying.. at one point if she didn't stop crying soon I was going to take her to the hospital. But we got her calmed down and fever went away.. I have check her gums over and over.. don't feel anything there.. I have no clue!!! </div></div>

When my sons get like this I always put them in a warm bath (but not hot). The bath cools them down and brings down the temperature. A couple of toys in the water will usually calm them right down too. After that they are usually relaxed enough to go back to sleep. I've been doing this since they were babies. A dose of tempra after they're calmed down and they usually settle for the rest of the night.

KelBear
05-04-2007, 12:58 AM
she is fine now...she got over her cold...she must just have a sensitve system...she seems to get these fevers frequently for no apparent reason..thank god she is back to herself...thanks for all your concern.

KelBear
07-15-2007, 04:01 AM
Well here we go again.. she is sick AGAIN... actually just getting over it now.. This time she woke throwing up, had diarrhea and high fever. I took her to emerg because she refused to eat or drink anything. They say she has a stomach virus or the flu.. this poor baby of mine seems to get really sick every couple of months.. Poor girl went 6 days with diarrhea, and just drinking powerade. Today she finally had a solid bowel movement.. What can I do to boost her immune system???

adigirl
07-15-2007, 09:11 AM
Does she go to a day care or some other activity where she is around other children? My son went to day care from an early age and he was always getting something! I asked Dr. Burrows and he assured me that it is not uncommon for a child in day care or one exposed to a fair amount of other little germ breeders to get viruses a lot.

It is VERY hard on a parent too. I know. It's really hard on the sick leave days too lol I used most of mine for Max and had none left for me. The joys of being a parent. It's worth it in the end though.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n132/shaunadf/hanginthere.gif

KelBear
07-15-2007, 12:57 PM
NO she doesn`t go to daycare... and it just kills us to see her suffer.. I think I am gonna start added some extra sanitizing to my cleaning around home..and bring some disinfecting wipes out with us to clean EVERYTHING!!

blueeyedgirl
07-15-2007, 02:43 PM
My son was like that also. Was sick every second month or so. By the time he was about 2 or 3 he outgrew it. I just was giving him vitamins every day and it seemed to help some.

KelBear
07-15-2007, 03:15 PM
yes.. good idea.. do they make vitamins for children this young??

blueeyedgirl
07-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Yes i think it is called trivisol or something like that. It is expensive though for the size of the bottle. It is almost $20. I had spoken to my son's family dr before i gave it to him.

adigirl
07-15-2007, 10:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KelBear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NO she doesn`t go to daycare... and it just kills us to see her suffer.. I think I am gonna start added some extra sanitizing to my cleaning around home..and bring some disinfecting wipes out with us to clean EVERYTHING!! </div></div>

Don't over clean. It can make things worse.

I have never tried it but a friend of mine swears by ekinasia (? spelling) vitamins.

Sweet_And_Innocent
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Aww I hope she feels better Kelbear... what a doll she is too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

KelBear
07-16-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone.. she is feeling much better today... it's been a weeks since she woke up sick.. a long and tiring week!!!!

Babzz
07-16-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats great!!
I give my son a cod liver oil cap everyday and he is pretty healthy. Has not had the flu in a long time. He is much older than your children though

EyelashExtensions
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Some kids are sick when they are young frequently but aren't as prone to illness when they get older and vice versa.

KelBear
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Good to hear.. I hope that is the way it is with her..

kitca
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
awwwe, poor baby, and poor parents too. it is so hard when a baby is sick, especially when you dont know why. our daughter had frequent ear infections. i am not giving advise, but something to think about. my friend told me about antibiotics and how the mess up the system and the natural 'flora' you can buy at the health store to take to help out. it is called, (ok, phonetic spelling - ok) lactobacillisus and acidolphys. they are natural bacteria that live in the intestines and help fight off bad bacteria )for want of wording it better)

anyway, i started her on those and it broke the 'curse' of infections and she was much better. coincideince (sp?) or not, i dont know. when you asked if there was something to help boost the immune system it got me thinking. have you thought of taking her to a natrualpath?

our daughter also got very cranky and fevered and minicolds when she was cutting teeth. those teeth seemed to go forward and back for a week or more at times before they were finially through.

i know how stressful it was on us going through that, and how worried youre feeling all the time. i sure hope she stays feeling better.

oh - dont overclean! studies are showing that kids who grow up with cleanfreak parents allways disinfecting everything are more prone to problems and allergies. just be normal clean.

KelBear
07-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok.. good.. I won't OVER clean.. and she has never been on antibiotics and has never had an ear infection. I also heard that giving her probiotic yogurt everyday may help with her immune system.. so I am going to try that.

kitca
07-18-2007, 12:24 AM
how is she doing now?

yes, that probiotic yogurt, that is the same! i forgot about that.

KelBear
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
She is a lot better now.. although it seems that her sleeping schedule is all off.. she used to sleep till 9am and is now getting up at 7am... and sometimes waking thru the night again...

kitca
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
awwwe, it is so tiring and worrysome at that age eh. im glad she is feeling better, i hoope she continues to feel good.