PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero: World Tour

rmkryan
11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
I`m thinking about either getting Rock Band or World Tour. I have heard good and bad about both. Which is better in your opinion and why.

filthy
11-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Well main thing is controllers, which you have the same chance as getting a half dead drum set or guitar from either game bundle. Guitar Hero drums are tops IMO, but rock band drums could be better when cymbal packs come out. For Rock Band I have over 230 songs, GHWT DLC content is far behind and will take time to get going.

I have both games fully loaded (RB1 RB2 & AC~DC). Just waiting for a patch to make GHWT drums work with RB series, then we'll have 100% cross compatibility. For me it's the RB game with GH controllers which I like best.

Which to buy, well it's personal preference. Before you blow a wad, go play both at some friends place if you can, the only way you can be sure before buying.

rmkryan
11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
I would try them if I could! lol I did not know there was going to be a patch to make it cross compatible... maybe I will wait awhile and see people opinions after the patch and cymbal packs come out. What system do you play on....

B.David
11-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I own Rock Band & Rock Band 2 for 360. I've played Guitar Hero 3, Aerosmith, and World Tour.

World Tour VS Rock Band.... Rock Band definitely has my vote. Harmonix knows how to support a game, and they listen to the fans. There's over 200 downloadable tracks now, ranging across multiple genres. The music charting is very different than the recent Guitar Hero games. It's made to be fun, and in some cases, challenging as well. Guitar Hero, since Activision took over the series, it's made to challenge the expert players with ridiculous difficulty levels. I don't personally find most of their stuff fun to play.

Plus, when it comes to the download content, Rock Band songs are cheaper to purchase, and often have promos on, where you get songs for $0.99 each, for the 1st week, or even month that they are available.

I also prefer the presentation in Rock Band. It's a cleaner looking game, easier to read the notes, more professional looking. It was great for Guitar Hero 1 & 2, but things like that need to evolve.

If you played and enjoyed Guitar Hero or Guitar Hero 2, then go for Rock Band. Harmonix is the company those titles. If you prefer to be challenged, and aren't in it purely for fun, then get Guitar Hero World Tour.

filthy
11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Ya, what I said.

Software: Rock Band hands down

Controllers: Red Octane, Logitech ect..

hemi_69
11-08-2008, 09:01 PM
for those that have both, do the rockband peripherals work with guitar hero?

Strife
11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I agree with B. David on this one. I have GH3 for the 360 and Rock Band is way more fun to play. The note charts dont come flying at you like a bat outta he!! on Rock Band like they do on GH. Also as mentioned, Rock Band has way more DLC than GH.

filthy
11-09-2008, 05:46 AM
You guys are just saying stuff that relates to software, peripherals are a big part of these games too...

Killswitch
11-09-2008, 11:25 AM
for those that have both, do the rockband peripherals work with guitar hero?
Yes they do, drums and all.