PDA

View Full Version : My Condolences To Nightingale

Super Gram
11-11-2008, 02:42 AM
I want to send you and all your family my condolences on the death of your GrFather Ken Johns. To your GrMother Elsie and your Father Alfred and his brothers and sisters and the rest of the family. I know Ken had a good life and was a pilot in WW2. I remember him well when I was a young girl. May he rest in peace. :cry::sad:

Babzz
11-11-2008, 07:24 AM
I am so sorry for your loss nighteningale
hugs to you

Simba
11-11-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss nightingale. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.

MaO3
11-11-2008, 04:55 PM
My condolences to you and your family Nightingale. May your grandfather rest in peace.

SusyQ
11-12-2008, 11:10 AM
He'll always be with you in your heart your memories and everytime that you look at the Tribute Tatoo. RIP

Jack Butler
11-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Ken Johns was humble and generous man.
Riverveiw Public School was a recipient of Mr. Johns generosity.
Working for the school board at the time, he had a key to the school.
Every night that I can remember, Ken would arrive right on time to get us to stop a go home before we got in trouble, again.
Before we left he would hand out shovels for one last scrap, so he could flood the ice for the next day.
He made us feel important and responsible and more than once had our pictures in the paper for having the first ice in town.
The impact he had on the kids might have gone unrealized, but the truth be told, many, many children learned to love the game and I believe that Ken was partially responsible.
A handful played to junior and there is even a few pro's that started there.
Thank you Mr. Johns, you remain in some of my fondest memories.

nightingale
11-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I just now saw this and thank you very much for starting the post supergram. My Grampa lead a very full and long life, but losing him is still sad. I am relieved though that he went painlessly and in his sleep with my Gramma at his side and in his own home.
Thank you Jack for that wonderful tribute to my Grampa. You hit the nail right on the head! I am so glad to have heard what you had to say about him, it brought tears to my eyes. My Grampa was one of the best men out there, and over the past week, I have been hearing stories like yours over and over.

Broken
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss....peace be with you and your family.

Jack Butler
11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Nightingale, I have spoken of your Grampa on many occasions to many people.
He was one of a kind and will always have a special place in my heart.
The oldest son of the next door neighbours, moved back to that same neighbourhood as an adult.
He was one of the kids like myself that used the rink and would try and help.
Now, as a father and husband he assumed this responsibility, much like he had years ago in his role of helper.
It is easy to see the influence your Grampa had, as his actions are being repeated.
I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

nightingale
11-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I remember skating on that rink many times as a child as one of my uncles is not that much older than me. And I also remember the next door neighbours and had heard that he had moved back to the neighbourhood. I miss my grandparents house on Marconi and can hardly believe it's been more than 20 years since they've lived there!

Thanks again for the stories, you've made my day!

Karen-Annie
11-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I knew your dad from Collegiate,Nightingale, although he was a few years older than me.And he was principal at King George when my kids were there. I never knew your grandpa.....and, from what has been said, that is my loss. But you can usually tell a lot about the parents by their children and I've never heard a nasty word about them.

I know you'll keep the memories of your grandpa close in your heart and he'll be sitting on your shoulder as your guardian angel. My sincere sympathy and deep condolences to all your family.

Godspeed.

nightingale
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
So very nice of you to say, Karen Annie. I appreciate you kind words very much .