PDA

View Full Version : Canadas Worst Driver- SOONEWS - False Article

H.E. Pennypacker
11-18-2008, 05:28 PM
http://66.226.76.101/viewarticle.php?id=19895

Did anyone actually watch the show last night? I know I did and what's being reported here is not entirely true.

"Donna Hicks from Sault Ste. Marie is not Canada's worst driver."

They in fact did say she was the worst driver they ever had on the show. she only left because of her angina attack, which she failed to mention to the show.

"Maybe that means she wasn't as bad as he thought and a better driver than the remaining three contestants."

Once again, she was booted because of her medical condition.

"Prior to the close of her last appearance on the show, Hicks received an e-mail indicating that her license might be "under review""

The show actually said her license was still under review, but showed an e-mail from her saying that thanks to their show she lost her damn license.

Driftwood
11-18-2008, 05:32 PM
I watched the all the episodes, at first I thought she was funny. Then I realised how bad she actually is. Shes a horrible driver and seems a bit stunned. shouldn't have her license in any case. But no big surprise soonews screwed up.

Barry Morris
11-18-2008, 05:37 PM
About the only show on the tube that is stupider than this show is "Are you smarter than a Grade 5?"

My computer has more answers to more questions than a a grade five. Does that mean it's smart??

That driver show in no way tests the real skills of drivers. If it did, it would get better ratings because of all the deaths.

H.E. Pennypacker
11-18-2008, 05:44 PM
About the only show on the tube that is stupider than this show is "Are you smarter than a Grade 5?"

My computer has more answers to more questions than a a grade five. Does that mean it's smart??

That driver show in no way tests the real skills of drivers. If it did, it would get better ratings because of all the deaths.

don't like it, don't watch it.

42net1
11-18-2008, 05:47 PM
You obviously cared enough for the show to start this thread.

Driftwood
11-18-2008, 05:48 PM
You obviously cared enough for the show to start this thread.

i think he was directing that at barry morris

H.E. Pennypacker
11-18-2008, 05:49 PM
i think he was directing that at barry morris

correct. i like the show.

GoldDogs
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
If you go on that show, prepare to lose your license

Crusty
11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
That woman is a menace and is driving around our city as I type this. That show could do a whole season here, this city is home to all of Canada's worst drivers.

If they take her license do you really think she will stop driving? Just like all the impaired drivers we read about who had their license revoked and they are still driving?

If anybody should be embarrassed by here being from the Sault, it's the cops in this town who let her drive around through stop signs on her way to Bingo. They are to blame for our terrible drivers.

Tutones
11-18-2008, 07:42 PM
It is certainly not possible to place a cop at every stop sign in town waiting for someone to run it. I think it's unfair to blame the cops. They are undermanned.

Truth is, the only people who actually get charged for running a stop sign or red light in this city are the ones who hit people while doing it. Perhaps more 'concerned citizens' should pick up their cellphones and call the police station with a license plate number when these things are happening.

italiandomino
11-18-2008, 08:16 PM

they show is actually called "Are you smarter then a 5th Grader"

not sure how it is stupid, I find it very funny, and on a side note, Gene Simmons won $500,000.00 for the Elizabeth Glazer Pediatrics AIDS Foundation on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader. That is the highest amount ever won by a celebrity on the show!

Way to go Gene!

for a stupid show, $500,000 for a good charity is a pretty great cause.

Macs II
11-18-2008, 08:20 PM
canadian TV shows suck ...every one of them ...pure and simple ....

sereenie
11-18-2008, 08:59 PM
lol.

11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
As the topic states, what is the "false article?". I think her license should be removed untill she learns hwo to drive better.

Shawn
11-18-2008, 09:28 PM
As the topic states, what is the "false article?". I think her license should be removed untill she learns hwo to drive better.

Lol... I don't think she wants to learn... Pretty bad when she admitted at the end of the show she should not have a license but will still drive... just slower... Slower is not her problem, just driving is... Her son should almost be charged with child endangerment for letting his mother drive his children with the way she drives and on top of it all drinks while driving...

italiandomino
11-18-2008, 09:30 PM
I enjoy Macs Opinions thank you

Macs II
11-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I think in some of these shows they are told to do certain things ....just for the show

The 6th Member Of AC/DC
11-18-2008, 09:36 PM
Here we go with the conspiracy theories again lol

Macs II
11-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Here we go with the conspiracy theories again lol

they do it for ratings :smile:

Simba
11-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I think in some of these shows they are told to do certain things ....just for the show

That's obvious. It's one of the stupidest show I've ever seen. Of course they are acting like that on purpose..duh. If they had them on a hidden driver spy cam or something in real life then ok, but give me a break.

Andre
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/Andrjohson/monkeylol.jpg

Madmax
11-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I hope she does lose her licence until she takes several tests to complete it and get it back starting with a G1 licence.

That show is per say not fake, it is made up of people who want to be bad drivers or worse then they really are and could not care about losing their licence.

Ratings is what it is about and the worse you are the more you will win the show.

Those people on there should lose their licences PERIOD for a long time cause of the things the addmited to and have done on the show.

tasma
11-19-2008, 07:54 AM
It doesn't matter these days if you have a licence or not, stupid people still drive! She doesn't need a licence to drive neither did Jeanette Niganobe.

funontheark
11-19-2008, 08:20 AM
It is certainly not possible to place a cop at every stop sign in town waiting for someone to run it. I think it's unfair to blame the cops. They are undermanned.

Truth is, the only people who actually get charged for running a stop sign or red light in this city are the ones who hit people while doing it. Perhaps more 'concerned citizens' should pick up their cellphones and call the police station with a license plate number when these things are happening.
Unfortunately that doesn't work either. I live in a residential area with lots of children. There is a stop sign across the street from my house. Very few drivers come to a complete stop if they stop at all. Myself and neighbours have called the police with their license plate number. If the police are doing anything about it you would never know it as you see the same vehicles running the sign over and over!

EyelashExtensions
11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm not sure the police can do anything about it but give them a warning, since they didn't witness it themselves. It could easily be fought in court and the driver would win. They might give a warning if they track down the driver but that's about it.

Unless they park to watch for stop sign runners, or see it themselves.

opinionated
11-19-2008, 10:35 AM

There was a clip of her driving around in the soo...

one part of it was her driving on the wrong side of a 'boulevard' sign (the sign with the arrow that tells you to go to the right of a centre median)....only thing is, it was the one at bellvue park, down by the marina.

I'm POSITIVE she was told to go the wrong way around it...like..come on...you can't do that by mistake, and she would never have done that on a real road.

not that im defending her in any way...heh.

Ultra54
11-19-2008, 10:55 AM
After watching that show you have to wonder if it is possible for these people to be so bad for real or are they embellishing it up for the camera a bit. If they are that bad there should be no question and their licenses should be pulled for ever. Most impaired drivers are safer on the road than these fools.

GRUMPY
11-19-2008, 06:41 PM
I just love it when people think these "reality" shows are real. Next we'll hear that wrestling is real too.