PDA

View Full Version : Car Battery

starterwiz
11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
A tech of mine once told me: "You can change it at your convenience, or your inconvenience".
Be a good idea to check now, before it hits -13 later this week.
A good self test is to leave the headlights on for 2 minute, then try to start the car, with the lights on, and brake pedal pushed. If the motor seems slower than normal to start, time for a check-up.

I've replaced 6 batteries this week already for customers, and there were no starting issues, but they were all due to freeze up soon.
Just a friendly reminder.

starterwiz
11-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Holy "on the ball" Mods.
You coulda left that up for a day for all the poor souls that don't frequent the Auto section.

Barry Morris
11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Kinda thoughtless.

GRUMPY
11-20-2008, 08:34 AM
I think half the time they just go by the title of the thread as there are so many who are either too lazy or too stupid to put threads in the proper areas.

V Code
11-20-2008, 09:18 AM
i think he is lucky the thread did not get deleted all together. this almost looks like advertising

"I've replaced 6 batteries this week already for customers,"

i am sure in a general population he would have received numerous requests from the masses on how much it costs, how long to do it, where do you work. etc.

as you said grumpy

"there are so many who are either too lazy or too stupid to put threads"

they are also incapable of swapping a battery

Barry Morris
11-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Some people are incapable of swapping a battery.

Ever have one blow up on you?? Not nice.

As to advertising, keep your eyes open. Lots of it goes on here.

starterwiz
11-20-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm not advertising. I'm not a mechanic, don't sell batteries, and prefer not to get my hands greasy lol, but since the battery is sorta important to starting (I am starterwiz after all) I have been going the extra mile for my customers.
I thought I'd post a friendly reminder, and maybe save someone the grief of waking up to a block of ice under the hood. Like the ones you see to remind you to change your smoke alarm battery . Hey...did everyone do that? The clocks just changed!!!