PDA

View Full Version : Start charging the parents!

great body
11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
http://www.soonews.ca/viewarticle.php?id=19934
Its starts and ends with the parents!
The parent or parents need to do there job!
Charge the parents with a crime!

Xzavia
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Then we'd have even more kids who wouldn't give a flying (u-no-what) cause their parents will get the blame anyways!

Anapeg
11-20-2008, 02:51 PM
If you are looking to place blame look toward the bleeding heart small L liberals who took away the rights of a parent to discipline their child. I believe that it's been established that time outs and a firm word are not enough. If a child realizes he/she will receive no more than a tongue lashing regardless the offense then whats to worry? If you take it upon yourself to smack a kids backside to reinforce a point repeatedly missed, the Children's Aid is there to break up a family unit. Respect is a word best taught through example then reinforced through discipline.

42net1
11-20-2008, 02:54 PM
The parents don't care about these troubled children. Maybe they were mistakes and were not wanted in the first place. To avoid this mistake in the future i say that the government should design a way to control who can and cannot have children. For example, if you hang out at timmies at night and your up to no good - not aloud to have children, if you don't want to work and mooch off of the system - not aloud to have children, if you are stupid - not aloud to have children.

Anapeg
11-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Sure as hell would diminish the population, whadayathink?

EyelashExtensions
11-20-2008, 03:29 PM
The parents don't care about these troubled children. Maybe they were mistakes and were not wanted in the first place. To avoid this mistake in the future i say that the government should design a way to control who can and cannot have children. For example, if you hang out at timmies at night and your up to no good - not aloud to have children, if you don't want to work and mooch off of the system - not aloud to have children, if you are stupid - not aloud to have children.

If only everyone was perfect and had perfect lives. How do you define stupidity? Does that include English and spelling?

I agree parents should hold some of the responsibility, but I also think there needs to be more programs for parents and teens/children. There are too many different circumstances to classify all parents of troubled or rebellious teens. I often wonder what our parents and the parents before us said about some of the stuff we did when we were young. Laws are slowly becoming more serious then before, parents rights to discipline are slowly being taken away. What is going on now just doesn't work. People want to diss things like a skateboard park, so I'm guessing they would rather them be on the streets with nothing to do in their spare time. A good way to deter criminal behavior in at risk teens would be to start a program involving them with things such as skiing, hiking, golfing, art, etc...If there was some sort of program that involved this stuff I think we would see a drop in youth crime rate. A lot of teens involved in crime can't afford to do this stuff and it only boosts their moral and opens them to new stuff.

Macs II
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
public hangings are the only real solution.

hopbugy
11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
he might just be a dumb kid who made a dumb mistake not a master criminal

Tutones
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Ever think that maybe the reason the police were able to 'locate him at his residence' was because the parents called and turned him in?

42net1
11-20-2008, 05:57 PM
If only everyone was perfect and had perfect lives. How do you define stupidity? Does that include English and spelling?

I agree parents should hold some of the responsibility, but I also think there needs to be more programs for parents and teens/children. There are too many different circumstances to classify all parents of troubled or rebellious teens. I often wonder what our parents and the parents before us said about some of the stuff we did when we were young. Laws are slowly becoming more serious then before, parents rights to discipline are slowly being taken away. What is going on now just doesn't work. People want to diss things like a skateboard park, so I'm guessing they would rather them be on the streets with nothing to do in their spare time. A good way to deter criminal behavior in at risk teens would be to start a program involving them with things such as skiing, hiking, golfing, art, etc...If there was some sort of program that involved this stuff I think we would see a drop in youth crime rate. A lot of teens involved in crime can't afford to do this stuff and it only boosts their moral and opens them to new stuff. We are in the age of bad parenting!!!.

You wanna know something there are tons of programs for parents and teens thats what PTA's are for as for skate parks, I'm al for that kinda stuff it will occupy those li' basturds.... the problem is huge but the answer is very very simple, society has gotten too soft and has become a breeding ground for parent's that don't give a rat's a$$ about their kids because they know that all they are gona get is a slap on the hand, and if they get taken away, even better!!!!They won't have to spend any extra money on them and they will be someone else's problem to deal with. Bad kids come from mistakes, from stupid parents that never wanted kids in teh frist place, and that's why they don't care. You have to be responsible for all that you do and create. Charge the parents, and publish the namesso that we can all see how stupid they are.

Macs II
11-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Ever think that maybe the reason the police were able to 'locate him at his residence' was because the parents called and turned him in?

NO ....they just knew him because he's been in trouble before and was known to them.

Peety
11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I look around at my sons friends they all turned out pretty good,,
The stayed out of trouble,, the have morals
The only thing different I see is the parents were involved and worked hard and did alot of family things together,,The onces who were raised on the goverment system seem to do what the parents did ,,

I think the odd licken is good for kids,,I don't mean a beating ,,,

GRUMPY
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM

Maybe just casterate all of those who don't know the difference between allowed and aloud.

Strife
11-20-2008, 07:42 PM
Maybe just casterate all of those who don't know the difference between allowed and aloud.

Wow......something we agree on.......am I aloud to throw confetti?

42net1
11-20-2008, 07:44 PM
It all sounds the same to me, is a stupid spelling mistake the only thing that is worthy of a reply from you. oh great one?

GRUMPY
11-20-2008, 07:49 PM
We are in the age of bad parenting!!!.

You wanna know something there are tons of programs for parents and teens thats what PTA's are for as for skate parks, I'm al for that kinda stuff it will occupy those li' basturds.... the problem is huge but the answer is very very simple, society has gotten too soft and has become a breeding ground for parent's that don't give a rat's a$$ about their kids because they know that all they are gona get is a slap on the hand, and if they get taken away, even better!!!!They won't have to spend any extra money on them and they will be someone else's problem to deal with. Bad kids come from mistakes, from stupid parents that never wanted kids in teh frist place, and that's why they don't care. You have to be responsible for all that you do and create. Charge the parents, and publish the namesso that we can all see how stupid they are.

All we have to do to see how stupid people are is just read some of your posts. Some times good people have bad kids through no fault of their own just as some losers have good kids through no fault of their own too.

gouligann
11-21-2008, 07:37 AM
All we have to do to see how stupid people are is just read some of your posts. Some times good people have bad kids through no fault of their own just as some losers have good kids through no fault of their own too.

Grumpy, I can't agree more. I believe that a child is born with their personallity and you can work with it, discipline it, but you can't make it into something it's not.
When a kid is 15, they are old enough to make their own choices and they have to face the music when they f*ck up. Maybe this kid slipped out his window or told his parents he was staying at a friend's house.

They were possibly blissfully asleep and unaware that their little "darling" was doing such nasty things.
I wish some of you weren't so quick to "jump" on blaming the parents.

I have to add to this post... I agree that discipline has been taken away from parents and teachers.

One more problem of today that wasn't common in the past generation also: mothers keep their babies more now from unplanned pregnancies. The more kids you have on welfare, the more money you get. These children used to be adopted by people who wanted them for all the right reasons. Don't get me wrong, I don't hold welfare against anyone who needs it. I just don't agree to those who live off of it because they are too lazy to find work.

GRUMPY
11-21-2008, 07:52 AM
From what I've been told 3 is the magic number of kids. Sad thing is what happens to these kids once they aren't pulling in their fair share of government money.There was a woman around the corner from me that when this happened he got the boot.

Peety
11-21-2008, 07:55 AM
From what I've been told 3 is the magic number of kids. Sad thing is what happens to these kids once they aren't pulling in their fair share of government money.There was a woman around the corner from me that when this happened he got the boot.

I have seen that too,,I know a few people that as soon as thier kids are 18 they stop almost being a parent,

LIKETOWIN
11-21-2008, 08:01 AM

a long time ago when it was called mothers allowance i had 2 children and i needed to survive off of that, i wasnt mooching and I was allowed to have children. that doesnt make a child bad cause your on the system its all in your up bringing. and i have 3 children today and i am very blessed i have 3 grat children who finished school and have college education.

GRUMPY
11-21-2008, 08:09 AM
the part I like is "if you are stupid - not aloud to have children." I guess that would mean no more Bobos.

SusyQ
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Bahahaha

Lollypop
11-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I must be old school, if my children needed a spanking they got one. Not once did either of them ever threaten to call CAS.
When they reached their early teens, we had more conversations about knowing who your friends really are, like it or not you are judged by the company you keep.
And as far as haveing the police show up at my door or a phone call, I have told them your safer in jail then you would be at home.
Am I perfect, far from it, I have told my kids my job is to shape you into the best person you can be, not to be your friend. With that being said, we have our ups and downs but know that as a family we are there for each other.

Asparas
11-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I must be old school, if my children needed a spanking they got one. Not once did either of them ever threaten to call CAS.
When they reached their early teens, we had more conversations about knowing who your friends really are, like it or not you are judged by the company you keep.
And as far as haveing the police show up at my door or a phone call, I have told them your safer in jail then you would be at home.
Am I perfect, far from it, I have told my kids my job is to shape you into the best person you can be, not to be your friend. With that being said, we have our ups and downs but know that as a family we are there for each other.

Agreed, I can't stand the fact that you can't spank your children anymore when they need/deserve it. I got spanked as a kid when I was bad (which was pretty rarely) and I learned my lesson quick. There's a difference between spanking and beating, and CAS doesn't see it, which is why kids are the way they are today. Nothing wrong with a quick subtle spank on the bum or hand. Some may disagree, but that's my view on things.

sereenie
11-21-2008, 11:04 AM

Everyone should have the chance to be a parent...even if it does having to be on welfare. i know someone whos not so bright, but u know what shes a wonderful mom.

Madmax
11-21-2008, 12:04 PM
You can be a awesome parent and still have a child that gets into trouble cause of negativity in their lives.

Peety
11-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Everyone should have the chance to be a parent...even if it does having to be on welfare. i know someone whos not so bright, but u know what shes a wonderful mom.

Why would any one want to have children on welfare,,?
What can you give to your children?
I can see if you end up on welfare short term,,

sereenie
11-21-2008, 01:35 PM
What can you give to your children?
I can see if you end up on welfare short term,,

I dont know im not on welfare, but i still belive that everyone should have a chance to be a parent.I dont mean i guess long term, but there are alot of single moms and young girls on the system trying to do better for there children tho, going to school, haveing a part time job. And i guess depending on how you save your money and how you spend it would determin what you could give your child.

Xzavia
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM

More kids you have the more money you get maybe???:omg:

Peety
11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

LOl,,,I would starve,,,,!!!!

GRUMPY
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM

Bingo

SusyQ
11-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I've seen some bad kids turn out from working parents and some pretty damn good kids turn out from OW recipients. Its all about the way you raise them with morals values and love.

GRUMPY
11-21-2008, 03:31 PM
very true and most of the kids that I grew up with that were always causing trouble had parents who thought they had angles for kids because their little Johnie would never do that.

Peety
11-21-2008, 03:35 PM
The young kids having baby after baby is not right,,
I see a few now that thier parents are on welfare and have no desire to try and do better for the kids,,
I guess they are kids them selves.

sereenie..I was meaning if a person ends up on goverment assitance,,
But not to live on it forever and raise kids,,

gouligann
11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Personally, if I was on welfare, I wouldn't want to have kids until I was self-suporting. I say this just because of the financial situation and not being able to provide for them properly myself.

I don't hold it against anyone wanting kids, but to have kids just because it will bring in more money is just NOT a good reason to have them.

Good parenting has nothing to do with their class or education. It is how you interact and communicate with your children, teaching them good morals, good values and how to live their lives as good people.

X-Man
11-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Abolish the young offenders act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42net1
11-21-2008, 06:44 PM
very true and most of the kids that I grew up with that were always causing trouble had parents who thought they had angles for kids because their little Johnie would never do that.

If they thought they had angles for kids they must have been on dope. Angels however, are a different story.

GRUMPY
11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Abolish the young offenders act!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing wrong with the act that a little tweating won't fix. for small stuff I can see the sense of it however for more serious stuff no.